The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Here's a cool photo of Kirk Hammet letting Adrian Smith spend some time with Greenie. Evidently Smith was a big fan of Gary Moore.

While on the subject, here's a great recent interview where Kirk talks about the purchase w Howard Stern.

And a video of Gary Moore absolutely shredding it with Thin Lizzy on the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Obligatory clip of the man himself.

FB_IMG_1687879044387.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, locodos said:

I can smell that guitar

A friend who is a guitar nerd is traveling and sent me this...  I have no responseimage.thumb.jpeg.44aaf910ed1c1ec5b8061ecbabff1bba.jpeg

The Shurikaster would have strongly appealed to 10 year old me.

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

I bet the decoupage fretboard is silky smooth.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I’m not sure, and the (original?) owner is dead (mom’s uncle). His very elderly widow thinks he bought it “before the war” but isn’t sure if it was new or used.

That’s cool.  If you are in Austin, take it to Austin Vintage Guitar and they can probably help identify it’s specifics.  Looks kind of like an L5.

Although I've very excited about this, I'm pretty busy today and don't have time to mess with it much.  Have people coming over this afternoon for a cookout and I'm getting ready.

I can't find  a serial number anywhere.  I've looked inside with a flashlight, etc.  

Tomorrow, I'll plug her in to an amp and see how she sounds. 

Edited by Gil Bang

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Although I've very excited about this, I'm pretty busy today and don't have time to mess with it much.  Have people coming over this afternoon for a cookout and I'm getting ready.

I can't find  a serial number anywhere.  I've looked inside with a flashlight, etc.  

Tomorrow, I'll plug her in to an amp and see how she sounds. 

This looks very similar.

https://reverb.com/item/3722343-1936-gibson-es-150-charlie-christian-sunburst

Tarzana's a long haul.  

I'm seeing Isbell at the Greek next month.  Maybe I'll head up early, hit Norms, then check into a hotel so the guitar will be safe while I'm at the show. 

EDIT: and when I'm there, I'm buying that shirt that Nigel Tufnel is wearing.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Assuming there’s no serial number on the back of the headstock, look inside the treble side f-hole. You might see a factory order number on the inside of the back of the guitar. It’s a stamp with the last digit(s) sometimes being hand-written. 

edit: Sorry, just now saw that you said you already looked inside with a flashlight. If this guitar has a FON, that’s where it would typically be found. 

Edited by Foggy Notion