The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

So waaaaay back in February, I ordered a new neck for my Jazzocaster.  Was supposed to take 10 weeks.  Shipped today.  Should be here Friday.  Thankfully, I was in no rush and it looks like they've used some nice flamey maple to make up for the delay. I haz excite! 

Now I'm going to order a fancy neck plate just for kicks.  

If you're looking for a 1966 Jazzmaster neck, I know where you can get one, btw.

Edited by Chad Fuck

M2205358-front-xlarge.jpgBroke down over Labor Day sale time and picked up this Martin 000-15m. Remember if you ever want to buy something from Sweetwater to call them and ask for a better price.  They went down almost $200 from the advertised price. 

Guitar plays nice and I am eager to see how it sounds once it opens up. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, CTC2 said:

M2205358-front-xlarge.jpgBroke down over Labor Day sale time and picked up this Martin 000-15m. Remember if you ever want to buy something from Sweetwater to call them and ask for a better price.  They went down almost $200 from the advertised price. 

Guitar plays nice and I am eager to see how it sounds once it opens up. 

Beautiful.  I love the way Celery's has already developed a cool patena.  Isbell said he put his new Martin in front of some speakers and played hip hop everytime they left the house.  He also had an Ebow lying around so he laid it flat and just sat the Ebow on the neck and let it run.  

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

My niece wants an acoustic guitar. She already knows a few chords, and plays my Eastman whenever she comes over.

I was going to get her the Yamaha FG720, but apparently it's been replaced by the FG800 (dreadnaught) or FS800 (orchestra).

Any other suggestions for a playable beginner guitar?

Get her a Martin D42 stop being cheap 😉

My niece wants an acoustic guitar. She already knows a few chords, and plays my Eastman whenever she comes over.
I was going to get her the Yamaha FG720, but apparently it's been replaced by the FG800 (dreadnaught) or FS800 (orchestra).
How old is your niece.

17 minutes ago, hullabelew said:
12 hours ago, Superhero said:

How old is your niece.

Just remember, this is a family thread, Hulla.

Just got a SD Custom hb put in the bridge of my strat. Holy mother of angus does this thing sound good. Oh and wired so that position 2 is a single tap.

And I threw a set of Lindy Fralins in the tele. Sounds very nice. Plus I swapped the white for a chrome pick guard. Because the world can always use more chrome.

• Like 1