Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We need to hit the CB market. I thought Valai was here for a reason. 

Don’t conflate the perceived notion of “why” he was brought in the actual ability of a dude who has 1 year as an on field coach and was hired and evaluated by Chris Ash and Tom Herman to do that job. Their track records identifying coaching talent is about as robust as Satya’s track record identifying silver linings. 

I can hire Billy Liucci to give unbiased, smart commentary but actually getting what I paid for and expected seems pretty unlikely. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It's gonna be multiple.

Alabama can only send out 3 NLIs for tomorrow.  They already have 4 commits and a transfer (who doesn't sign but would prevent one of the 25 signees from enrolling).

One of them (Jayson Jones) already silently committed to Oregon, so that's where Jackson's spot is coming from.

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We need to hit the CB market. I thought Valai was here for a reason. 

The post-NSD1 CB market was pretty thin this year. Dunson was slow, and they seemed to overestimate their ability to haul in Rakestraw so they didn't chase Whitley.

Hopefully there's some solid transfer options.

Should add a title extension of something like “How I Learned To Stop Worrying and To Love This Fucking Bomb of a Class”. Something to memorialize the buttfuck that this season caused. Great top end talent here, but they did shit for depth and closing gaps in areas of need. A class outside of the top 10 at Texas in a non-transition year is fucking garbage and the head coach should have his coke-addled salary docked for poor performance and trash behavior. 

Horns 247 / Gabe Brooks / On Dixon and Tykiest Crawford

Spoiler

Ronnielonghorn83 said... (original post)Gabe, when is Dixon commiting? What's the holdup?

GabeBrooks said... (original post)I think something will happen today or tonight.

Gabe, what's your pick?

GabeBrooks said... (original post)My Crystal Ball forecast has been Texas since October and I'm riding with that.

Bnos7 said... (original post)off topic but where do you see Tykiest Crawford landing?

GabeBrooks said...Think it will be JUCO for now.

GabeBrooks said... Something to remember is Dixon has a road basketball game tonight. So if it happens tonight it might be a little later.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Should add a title extension of something like “How I Learned To Stop Worrying and To Love This Fucking Bomb of a Class”. Something to memorialize the buttfuck that this season caused. Great top end talent here, but they did shit for depth and closing gaps in areas of need. A class outside of the top 10 at Texas in a non-transition year is fucking garbage and the head coach should have his coke-addled salary docked for poor performance and trash behavior. 

Not disagreeing. Just wondering how his salary can be coke-addled. 

Thanks. I'll hang up and duck. 

It's OK, guys. Our NSD2 woes are over cuz Herman went out and got Mark fuckin Hagen, a coach so fucking shitty even aggy couldn't mythologize him. 

giphy.gif

I guess as long as Valai is paying enough that we don't really have to recruit, I'm ok with it. Otherwise, what an awful hire, especially from a recruiting perspective.

Edited by campcrunk

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Shit hire imo, but aggy always "never liked them anyway"s their ex-coaches.

Yeah, but they couldn't even find a way to like Hagen when he was there. At just about any point, if I remember correctly. We all remember the Chief in a deer blind with his snuff boy, the fearsome Marine, and Terry Price, Ace Recruiter. There's always been a lot of insane hero worship for aggy. And all of them have basically had about as much impact on anything as a wet fart. And they were still better than Hagen. You are 100% correct: 

ygx7LW.gif

Edited by campcrunk