Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Any chance we convince Jase MccLellan to not suck with OU? Best player at the high school level in the state for me. Not gonna pretend that I can predict how good he would be at the next level but at his current level he's an absolute monster. 

Evans is top of our board at RB and it's not particularly close. Obviously would love both but not sure McClellan would be cool not being the alpha dog.

IT

ONE TO WATCH: Tyrese Hardeman, Elysian Fields, CB - 2020

One of the best prospects in East Texas is starting to get noticed. When you're a 6'2-6'3, 175-pound corner with ball skills, that'll happen. The highly athletic prospect from Elysian Fields recently tripped to Austin.

“Texas was big,” said Hardeman. “It was a mind-blowing experience being from a small town but I loved everything about it! I could see myself making plays on the big stage like that. I'm a lockdown corner and WR. A lot of people sleep on me right now but I'm coming up.”

He's definitely coming out like Diana Ross after nabbing District 9-3A-II Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore. He added 17 pass-breakups and four INTs to his resume in 2017. Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and SMU are on him early. That'll change for the Yellowjacket. 

“The atmosphere at Texas was incredible," Hardeman said. "It’s different, the speed is faster and coming from EF everything is bigger. Haha.”

Take a look at the highlights. 

21 hours ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Any chance we convince Jase MccLellan to not suck with OU? Best player at the high school level in the state for me. Not gonna pretend that I can predict how good he would be at the next level but at his current level he's an absolute monster. 

Dude is overrated imo.  J Gray 2.0.

E.J. Holland: Nation's top 2020 safety Darius Snow high on Texas

Darius Snow has seen his stock blow up. The four-star safety out of Hebron is on a roll with major offers coming in by the week and is busy making college visits. “Everything has been going well,” Snow said. “I’ve already been to Texas. I went to Baylor last weekend and TCU this weekend. I’ve been enjoying the process and visiting schools.” Snow was recently in Austin for Texas junior day, where he got an in-depth look at the program and had an opportunity to bond with safeties coach Craig Naivar, who keeps in constant contact. Snow is in the process of planning a return visit for a practice next month or the spring game and is excited to see Naivar in action. “I just want to see how Coach Naivar works with everybody in-person,” Snow said. “A lot of people can recruit you well but are different when coaching. I want to see him work with the players and just see the overall defense.”

Along with Texas, Snow holds early scholarships from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Texas A&M and others. So where do the Longhorns stand early on? “Texas is definitely up there,” Snow said. “If I had to make a decision right now, they would definitely be in that Top 5 group. They have impressed me in so many ways from facilities to scheme to the team.” Snow, the son of former NBA player Eric Snow, plans to make out-of-state trips to Alabama and Michigan State this summer. At 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, Snow is ranked as the No. 1 overall prospect in the nation and No. 4 overall prospect in the state, per247Sports Composite.

On 3/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, Biscuits And Groovy said:

J Gray was a beast before his injury. If he never got that injury he could be an NFL starter right now. It just robbed him of all his burst and top end speed. Sad.

Wrong he was doomed when he got 40+ carries a game in hs. Came into college with two busted shoulders 

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

Probably just forgot to add "safety" to #1 [safety] prospect

15 hours ago, golfclap said:

He's the #1 S, the #46 overall player, and the #4 player in Texas. 

That's not what EJ wrote.  My comment was intended to point out that EJ is a shitty writer.

Also, why is the #1 safety prospect only a 4 star?

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Only the top 30 or so prospects in the country are 5 stars.

27 minutes ago, Teryor said:

It's top 32 to emulate the top 32 picks that make up the 1st round of the NFL draft.

Ah.  Thanks for the info.  Are safeties generally ranked lower? 

f00c73c1081a37e1c8e6a8e0329af0cf4d23a5d2