Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

He too has a handler like Barlow?

IDK it's been discussed several times on here.  I know it seems like we're in a good spot with Collins, Dorbah, Broughton, and Umanmielen, but I think we should try to get Sylvester and/or Bryant, especially seeing as both seem to like Texas.  This is a good year to stack both lines and we should take at least 5 on both sides IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU mod crystal balled Prince Dorbah to Texas.  Probably our main competition with him.  He also crystal balled Lindberg to Texas.

Hook'em!

Had no idea BJ Johnson had a WR son in the '20 class. God i'm old. https://247sports.com/Player/Keylan-Johnson-46059026/

Edited by Goodman

On 12/19/2018 at 6:37 PM, golfclap said:

Also Henderson ...  (and yes, he's a QB) 

i would love to get this kid as a second qb. card did not impress me enough in the playoffs to be the only qb take in the class. henderson can transition to other positions if need be.

Edited by Bruh Man

7 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

My college roommate, his cousin just graduated from Highland Park, and is a freshman at UT. Said Prince is all Texas. Take it for what it’s worth. Hopefully he is right. 

I wish I could concur, but it's my understanding he is not all UT just yet. He really likes Lincoln Riley and his family says Riley has the best connection with Prince out of all the coaches, thus far. It does help that many of his teammates and classmates will attend UT (or ACC). HP is not an OU pipeline. 

52 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Lol anyone who is down on Zach Evans is an idiot.

Can we thread the needle between saying that the "he's the best back in Texas since AD" and "he's a generational talent" might have been premature but are still possibly on the table with a great senior year, and saying that he's a solid 5* and arguably the best prospect in the state?

Ian Boyd and others mentioned that the problem with a dominant RB in a RPO based offense is the defense can take the RB out of consideration by committing numbers to the box and forcing QB to the pass option. Happened to Evans yesterday.

The biggest thing I noticed last night was that Duncanville's front whooped North Shore's OL. It really wasn't a numbers game as much as there just wasn't anywhere for Evans to go.

Any team with a great running game buttering their bread is going to draw more numbers in the box. That is not RPO exclusive. Bottom line is you have to move people up front and get some second level blocking going or your RB's only chance is going to be bouncing outside.

Huge credit to Duncanville's front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, hornyhorn said:

did u see the replies? hornsbys mom & chad lindberg both dissing ej

EJ literally just said that his mechanics could use some work, but he's really talented and that will come with practice. This is absurd.

What did Lindberg say?

Edited by texifornia

EJ literally just said that his mechanics could use some work, but he's really talented and that will come with practice. This is absurd.
What did Lindberg say?

The only person who could/should have taken any offense to what EJ said is Hornsby’s current trainer/QB coach.

Instead every aggy and aggy-affiliated trainer are losing their fucking mind at the perceived slight of their chosen one.

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Lindbergh was agreeing with EJ that Zach Evans is one of the best players in the country.

As for Hornsby’s mom - yikes. Check out that twitter account.

Apparently she knows FWK. At this point, FWK should just openly recruit for aggy.

and if that is her in the center, well PM @Vic Mackey

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The only person who could/should have taken any offense to what EJ said is Hornsby’s current trainer/QB coach.

Instead every aggy and aggy-affiliated trainer are losing their fucking mind at the perceived slight of their chosen one.

Isn't Hornsby now going to make the SEC rounds and see who can pass out the biggest money bags?  

Where was the outcry when Hamm leaked a false commitment article earlier in the year?

The sad thing is that from what I can gather, Hornsby is pretty similar to Shepherd and Demas in that they're from extraordinarily tough backgrounds - deep entrenched poverty, thin-to-none support structures. These kids and parents (when applicable - I don't think Demas even has that) have no defenses when the handlers show up.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What did Lindberg say?

Keep an eye on hornyhorn. Joined today. Posting "intel" from Spurstalk thread about Overshown transferring. Misrepresenting twitter conversations. Could it be our favorite troll is back? 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

The sad thing is that from what I can gather, Hornsby is pretty similar to Shepherd and Demas in that they're from extraordinarily tough backgrounds - deep entrenched poverty, thin-to-none support structures. These kids and parents (when applicable - I don't think Demas even has that) have no defenses when the handlers show up.

Sorry, but this doesn’t apply to Hornsby. His mother is right there with her eyes wide open, running that recruitment. She’s going to get paid and she watches everything about his recruitment like a hawk. I assume that fatty is reading this thread. Hornsby’s recruitment does not match up with Demas or Shepherd. He’s black and good and from Houston and there the commonalities end. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sorry, but this doesn’t apply to Hornsby. His mother is right there with her eyes wide open, running that recruitment. She’s going to get paid and she watches everything about his recruitment like a hawk. I assume that fatty is reading this thread. Hornsby’s recruitment does not match up with Demas or Shepherd. He’s black and good and from Houston and there the commonalities end. 

Kid didn’t even live with her. Hornsby was living with teammates and coaches while at Austin High. His little league coaches are the one running the recruitment and mama just along for the ride. 

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

6 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Kid didn’t even live with her. Hornsby was living with teammates and coaches while at Austin High. His little league coaches are the one running the recruitment and mama just along for the ride. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5423644

I can't image coaches having to hold their tongues and dealing with guys like this.  It is what it is.  No wonder these kids behave the way they do.  That's a grown man arguing with random people on Twitter.  The guy is a legit troll.  Remember his Shepherd tweet that he would be blocking for #11 (Mond also wears 11).  He's trying to stir the pot and then acts like a little girl when people call him out on him.  

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I can't image coaches having to hold their tongues and dealing with guys like this.  It is what it is.  No wonder these kids behave the way they do.  That's a grown man arguing with random people on Twitter.  The guy is a legit troll.  Remember his Shepherd tweet that he would be blocking for #11 (Mond also wears 11).  He's trying to stir the pot and then acts like a little girl when people call him out on him.  

FWK only requires two things to live, attention and self-promotion.