Croatia Travel

Kevin O’Shea

This summer I think we’re gonna hit the Slovenian-Istrian part just to mix it up a little. That would be Piran, Koper, and could just swing over into Trieste Italy. 

For us going to Croatia has always been about lazy vibes, dipping in the water during the day, walking to dinner at night, then drinking in the patio/balcony. The bulk of the Croatian Adriatic coast share that vibe so in that sense most of the places are indistinguishable as far as which city is a must-see vs another. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 3:39 PM, Borachio said:

Biking from Split to Dubrovnik at the end of June for a week.   We are cheating and using e-bikes.  Looking forward to it!

I did this via boat while island hopping and it was incredible.  are you doing that or is there an interesting mainland itin?  regardless I'm sure you'll be amazed!  e-bike is the way to go.  I started every day on the lowest click to offset the extra weight from the battery and by the end of the day I was on full auto gliding into glory in my mind

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes,  it looks like each day we will be on a ferry/boat going to the next island to start the ride. 5 days and 6 nights. 

Day 1st arrival to Split hotel
Arrival to B&B in Split, according your arrival time meeting with our representative and fitting the bikes. Warming up ride in Split.  
Overnight Split.

Day 2nd : Split – Hvar island.
Morning ferry to Hvar island (port Stari grad) arrival around 10.30 bike ride along the coast to town Stari Grad and Agar valley, continue to Selca, Velo Grablje and Brusje (old road to town Hvar), biking distance about 42 km elevation about 600 m, possible shorten route.

Highlights: Old town Hvar, lavender fields, great views, fortress in Hvar
Night stop: Hvar town
Meal plan: breakfast

Day 3rd: Hvar – Korcula island
Check out from Hvar B&B and private boat transfer (water taxi) to Vela luka town on Korcula (45 min boat ride), cycling from Vela Luka across Korcula island to Korcula town and Lumbarda.  
Biking distance 58 km elevation gain around 820feet.

Highlights: coastal area and cliffs of Korcula island, medieval town of Korcula and Marco Polo birthplace.
Night stop: Lumbarda town / Korcula island.

Day 4th: Korcula island – Peljesac peninsula
Morning ride to ferry port and ferry to Orebic town on Peljesac peninsula. Bike ride along the peninsula in distance of 60 km elevation gain about 850m
This morning you leave Korcula island with the ferry, after short sail of 15 min you start bike ride over Peljesac peninsula, this scenic ride takes you by the vineyards, small towns and picturesque bays to historical town Ston, well known by longest city walls in Europe, salt pools and sea shells farms. During afternoon hours, you will be picked up from Ston and transferred by our driver to Dubrovnik. Evening to explore Dubrovnik on your own.
Highlights: vineyards and wine cellars, dry stonewalls, picturesque bays and beaches, great wall of Stone town.
Night stop: Dubrovnik

Day 5th: Day trip from Dubrovnik to Konavle countryside,  
(With possible ride short part of Montenegro coast.)
Today you have day trip to Dubrovnik countryside Konavle, after biking in this area and some free time for the lunch and to explore area in the afternoon hours ( around 17.00 but time will be set with your driver) you will be picked up and transferred back to Dubrovnik.
This day you will spend cycling in farming area of Dubrovnik, cycling route follows the valley and river Ljuta, villages of Zvekovica (with eventually visit town Cavtat) and group of the villages in Gornja Banda.
Cycling distance 65 km.
Highlights: River Ljuta (spring and watermills), valley of Konavle with Franciscan monastery from 15th century, fortress Sokol from 15th century.
  • Like 2