Prime Day 2019?

AUS-97HORN

if this is in the wrong forum, please move it, I checked and didnt see anything in the for sale group.

Best 2 deals I see right now are 30% off Yeti coolers & fire tv's

If you like Ice Blue color Looks like the hard sided roadie through 65 are on sale, as well as several soft sided ones.

Then there are 2 deals on Amazon Fire Tv's based on size and MFG.

Toshiba TV 43, 50 & 55 inch @ $260, $280, $360

or

Insignia TVs 50, 55 inch @ $250, $340

and supposedly this  Instant Pot  priced at $56 is really good deal according to the googles

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if this is in the wrong forum, please move it, I checked and didnt see anything in the for sale group.

Best 2 deals I see right now are 30% off Yeti coolers & fire tv's

If you like Ice Blue color Looks like the hard sided roadie through 65 are on sale, as well as several soft sided ones.

Then there are 2 deals on Amazon Fire Tv's based on size and MFG.

Toshiba TV 43, 50 & 55 inch @ $260, $280, $360

or

Insignia TVs 50, 55 inch @ $250, $340

and supposedly this  Instant Pot  priced at $56 is really good deal according to the googles

just bought the 55 and 43 inch Insignia TVs. thanks brother for saving me $$$.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

They should do these at the beginning of the month before everyone blows their disability checks on scratch offs and kentucky delux.

Don't forget the uranium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RPM said:

Got one of the 50" Toshiba 4K TVs to replace an old Visio that was fried by lightning a couple weeks ago.

Anyone have any experience with these or the Insignias? Looking for a new tv and that’s a great price. 

Edited by Etexhorn13

Nah, what happens, and it's a big problem for Amazon, is that any item in their warehouse that has the same item number gets thrown in the same bin. Even items that are fulfilled by Amazon, but where Amazon isn't the actual seller, get thrown in the same bin. So shady companies will start a business selling stuff on Amazon. All or much of their product will be fakes or refurbished junk, but they will label it as new and put the correct barcode or whatever on it and it gets thrown into the same bin with the legit products. So when an order comes along they just grab the one on top. It doesn't matter if you ordered it directly from Amazon or from someone where it is fulfilled by Amazon, it all gets mixed together and you have just as much chance getting a fake or junk product no matter how you order it. It can get pretty bad depending on what it is you are trying to buy. And if a company gets caught, they just open up a new company under a new name and keep the same scam going. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Nah, what happens, and it's a big problem for Amazon, is that any item in their warehouse that has the same item number gets thrown in the same bin. Even items that are fulfilled by Amazon, but where Amazon isn't the actual seller, get thrown in the same bin. So shady companies will start a business selling stuff on Amazon. All or much of their product will be fakes or refurbished junk, but they will label it as new and put the correct barcode or whatever on it and it gets thrown into the same bin with the legit products. So when an order comes along they just grab the one on top. It doesn't matter if you ordered it directly from Amazon or from someone where it is fulfilled by Amazon, it all gets mixed together and you have just as much chance getting a fake or junk product no matter how you order it. It can get pretty bad depending on what it is you are trying to buy. And if a company gets caught, they just open up a new company under a new name and keep the same scam going. 

What an amazingly glaring weakness for a company as "smart" as Amazon.

Thanks.

I was looking hard at their Ipad deals, but after reading the review it appears that Amazon is selling used/defective stuff as "new".
Imagine that.

Also be aware that the hordes of Chinese products on the site with 4+ star ratings are all completely fake. Amazon has really started to disappoint me by letting vendors post all this fake rating stuff. They are trying to compete with Alibaba but it’s ruining the shopping experience.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cajun said:

What an amazingly glaring weakness for a company as "smart" as Amazon.

Thanks.

Yeah, they really don't do much to combat it and it is really bad with some products. We had the automatic delivery for diapers with the last kid, but had to cancel it after getting a box of fake Pampers that kept ripping. If you buy in a major store you can be reasonably sure that what you are getting is legit.

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

prime day is always lackluster. 

I do remember the first year being pretty interesting with some surprise legit deals, especially related to all the Amazon specific stuff ( Fire stick, Alexa, firetablets, etc).   and last year they had essentially the same deal on the Fire TV's as this year, so thats a decent deal.

but yeah, I do remember a lot of people complaining that first year that Amazon was selling all their leftover junk under the guise of a sale day

They need to add a filter option to the left side of the screen on the Amazon homepage, like the prime filter, that lets you filter out all the garbage ass Chinese knockoff ripoff bullshit that is on that site now.

The last two pieces of electronics I have purchased have both crapped out within weeks of purchase. If I wanted to shop on alibaba.com I'd go to alibaba.com.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I do remember the first year being pretty interesting with some surprise legit deals, especially related to all the Amazon specific stuff ( Fire stick, Alexa, firetablets, etc).   and last year they had essentially the same deal on the Fire TV's as this year, so thats a decent deal.

but yeah, I do remember a lot of people complaining that first year that Amazon was selling all their leftover junk under the guise of a sale day

apparently amazon had a price mistake where all sorts of expensive camera equipment was available for $94.50.  furk

Needed a new carry on for a trip in a few weeks. Had the one I going to buy in my "saved for later" list for the past month or so waiting just to see if it had any prime day discount. $15 off! Prime day is a success 

Left all my stuff in my cart, got drunk, fell asleep. Guess there’s always next year!

Actually thought this year was a little better than every year except the first Prime Day. Still very Amazon-product heavy, but a decent amount of other stuff I’d been holding off on was marked down more than I’ve seen before

On 7/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, RPM said:

Got one of the 50" Toshiba 4K TVs to replace an old Visio that was fried by lightning a couple weeks ago.

I have mixed feelings about this purchase. If I had been able to try it first, I would have passed. The picture is excellent, but the interface sucks balls. It has Fire TV installed and turns on in Fire TV mode, then you have to switch to HDMI or antenna. There's no way start in HDMI or antenna mode. Another thing I don't like is all the controls are in Fire TV mode, so if I want to adjust the picture or set the sleep timer (this is my bedroom TV) I have to switch to Fire TV mode. And my final bitch is it only came with a Fire remote. But, again, the picture is awesome.

9 hours ago, RPM said:

I have mixed feelings about this purchase. If I had been able to try it first, I would have passed. The picture is excellent, but the interface sucks balls. It has Fire TV installed and turns on in Fire TV mode, then you have to switch to HDMI or antenna. There's no way start in HDMI or antenna mode. Another thing I don't like is all the controls are in Fire TV mode, so if I want to adjust the picture or set the sleep timer (this is my bedroom TV) I have to switch to Fire TV mode. And my final bitch is it only came with a Fire remote. But, again, the picture is awesome.

Similar experience with one I bought last year, was for guest room tv so was fine for that. But bought new house and moved it into my bedroom, lasted 2 days.  Only being able to turn on onto firetv mode killed it for me, it went back to a guest room. 

Bought an instapot as well. So far has worked really well.

Bought a couple Apple watches (had to use other people’s accounts).

Wife bought some things for the house as well that we’ve been meaning to buy.

All in all, got some good deals and made it worth it.