Tell Me About Mike Pence

Hugo Stiglitz

We're learning that everyone takes home confidential materials. maybe on purpose, maybe inadvertently.  Jimmy Carter might have some top secret docs in his barn.

Is it really a surprise that our govt has done a poor job of tracking classified docs?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Dark Branden should be ecstatic. This new Pence disclosure moves the focus somewhat from “possessing classified documents is baaaaad” to “what the fuck I guess they all have them, but you gotta turn them in when they tell you to and not hide them.”

Only one asshole did that.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3

None of these folks give a shit about protocol when it comes to these documents. Someone was questioning me before when I said everyone in the upper levels of government has a cavalier attitude towards this shit. Clearly, none of them think rules apply to them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Muir: "Did you take any classified documents with you from the White House?"

Pence: "I did not."

Pence: "Well OK, there were those government files investigating how far a man's anus will stretch after he's had a couple of glasses of Skinnygirl California Rosé."

Pence: "Please dont tell Mother."

Pence: "Please?"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We're learning that everyone takes home confidential materials. maybe on purpose, maybe inadvertently.  Jimmy Carter might have some top secret docs in his barn.

Is it really a surprise that our govt has done a poor job of tracking classified docs?

If there is one former President that I'm certain doesn't have classified documents that he's not supposed to have, it's Jimmy Carter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, safe sex said:

If there is one former President that I'm certain doesn't have classified documents that he's not supposed to have, it's Jimmy Carter

Sad to say, even Carter found some shit but also returned them to the archives.

Former President Jimmy Carter found classified materials at his home in Plains, Georgia, on at least one occasion and returned them to the National Archives, according to the same person who spoke of regular occurrences of mishandled documents. The person did not provide details on the timing of the discovery.

This article from today by the Associated Press is a pretty good read on the whole topic:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-trump-classified-documents-president-33df0355c72e9ae8fa4cb6ead13f6521

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Former President Jimmy Carter found classified materials at his home in Plains, Georgia, on at least one occasion and returned them to the National Archives, according to the same person who spoke of regular occurrences of mishandled documents. The person did not provide details on the timing of the discovery.

This article from today by the Associated Press is a pretty good read on the whole topic:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-trump-classified-documents-president-33df0355c72e9ae8fa4cb6ead13f6521

Goddam Jimmy 😔

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bolverk said:

plans/specs for nuclear powered propulsion systems or genetically modified super peanuts IMO. Maybe both

• Haha 2

I'll repeat something I wrote when they found Biden had secret docs. 

With Biden and now Pence, we've discovered that secret documents are not being effectively tracked. There seems to be an obvious issue to discuss. 

No, it's not that the Biden issue is both sides for Trump's criminal behavior.

No, it's not that Pence positively (and for political show) declared he didn't have them, and it turned out he did.

No, to me anyway, it's not about tearing apart Pence and Biden and their associates so we can hold some horrible motherfucker accountable.

All of that stuff is click bait and tiresome CNN panel discussion fodder. 

We have an absurdly porous system for national secrets when it comes to processing these docs for executive office holders and those same persons when they exit office. I was pleased to hear someone babbling on TV yesterday say this was an oversight matter for Congress rather than investigative (or something like that). Exactly.

On leaving office, there needs to be a thorough process for reviewing all documents that leave offices and official residences. Nothing leaves that has not been review. Taking anything that has not passed review should be a heavy felony. No more papers getting mixed up.

Like the Secret Service, we need to tear down and rethink a lot of shit related to the president and vice-president's offices.

And, of course, we need to jail Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

How are they finding these things? Someone shows up and searched the house? Seems very strange.

After shit went down with Trump refusing to return the documents he took, Biden and Pence sent lawyers to double check their own files, boxes in garages, and what-have-you. Those attorneys are then reporting them to proper authorities as they come across them. That's my understanding.

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

After shit went down with Trump refusing to return the documents he took, Biden and Pence sent lawyers to double check their own files, boxes in garages, and what-have-you. Those attorneys are then reporting them to proper authorities as they come across them. That's my understanding.

"so same-same, got it." - MAGA

15 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

How are they finding these things? Someone shows up and searched the house? Seems very strange.

The reporting I heard was that the initial set of documents found in Biden’s old office at the Penn Biden Center were discovered by aides who were moving things out of the office since it wasn’t being used anymore. They were in a box in a closet and were discovered more or less by accident. The staffers called the lawyers who called the National Archives and the documents were returned the next day. That prompted the lawyers to search Biden’s home and they found some more classified documents locked up in his garage. Then the FBI came and searched that location and I believe one other but didn’t find anything more. I’m pretty sure that’s what prompted Pence’s lawyers to search his place too just to be safe.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jesus fucking Christ, does Pence have to be on the Sunday morning talk shows every fucking week? Enough already. Get this pinhead off my tv.

He just brought up Joe Biden’s classified documents when talking about Trump’s stolen documents. Really, Mike? You want to go there? Shame on Jonathan Karl for not immediately bringing up Pence’s classified documents.

Karl brought up how Pence supported the removal of James Traficant from Congress in 2002 when he was convicted of a felony. He asked if that same standard should apply to the presidency. Pence hemmed and hawed and mentioned that that was 20 years ago and Congress decides who its members should be and let’s leave that up to the voters. Grow a spine, you big dumb pussy. You’ve been trying to be a little more outspoken about Trump lately. Come out and say that a convicted felon has no business in the presidency.

He also mentioned that Joe Biden must not be re-elected. (Sorry, Ukraine.) You know what this means. When Trump wins the Republican nomination, Pence is going to support him even after he’s been convicted of a felony, possibly multiple felonies. Mike has acknowledged that Trump put he and his family in danger on Jan 6, but that’s okay. He’ll still back Trump. He’s more of a spineless cunt than Ted Cruz. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 months later...

Last night I had dinner with a family friend who relocated his factory from IL to Indiana when Pence was governor, and served on his business development council. He and Pence became pretty good friends. I’m sure some preferential RE and Tax deals occurred.

Pence was coming to do a press conference at the factory to tout economic resurgence and new jobs, and since they had renovated a dilapidated facility they gave it a thorough cleaning, pressure washing, painting, shined up the machinery, a lot of work. There were about 1,000 workers and a rough and tumble lot. Lots of ex-cons, but solid blue collar types - men’s men. About an hour before Pence and the press arrived, my friend had to get on the PA and tell his workforce “goddamit, everyone has 10 minutes to take down all the tits and ass pics at your station, and if I find out that any of you motherfuckers has said ‘fuck’ or ‘shit’ in front of the governor you will be on my permanent shit list.”

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Let’s see how long Pence stays off the crazy train:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/politics/pence-will-not-endorse-trump/index.html

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Friday said he “cannot in good conscience” endorse presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, a stunning repudiation of his former running mate and the president he served with.

“Donald Trump is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years. That’s why I cannot in good conscience endorse Donald Trump in this campaign,” Pence said on Fox News.

This is the same douchebag who traveled to an NFL game with the expense of an entire secret service security detail just so he could walk out as soon as players took a knee in an act of civil disobedience. That was at least a quarter million bucks for a photo of.

By Memorial Day he'll be claiming that migrants are terrorizing his native Indiana.

Red hot poker. Fuck him with it. Post haste.

• Like 2

Jfc, Pence is on Face the Nation again. I swear this guy gets more free air time on the Sunday morning talk shows than anyone else. (On This Week they led with Mike Turner - (R) Ohio, and on Meet the Press they’re leading with Bill Cassidy - (R) Louisiana; this is what they call the “liberal media.”)

”I’m not establishing equivalency” says Sen. Cassidy as he equivocates.

Lots of bullshit back and forth between the unqualified Welker and disingenuous Cassidy. Cassidy is full of shit. Despite his slippery attempts to avoid answering the question, he will endorse and vote for Donald Trump.