Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: Tripping Balls (Spoilers)

atomheartbevo

35 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

When do we reach the True Blood tipping point where everyone is a superhero or has some sort of superpower ability?

I’m half expecting an upcoming series about the Abominable Snowman and Lochness Monster

That is the downfall of all these types of movies. 

Also, they're all so powerful there's zero weakness and thus no actual personal stakes for most of them.  It's the big problem of Superman in the DC Universe. He's too damn powerful and that makes him boring.  One thing I liked a lot in the last Dr Strange was that Wanda killed 4 of them in about 1 minute. That raised the stakes immensely. Too bad they cheated and it was done in a different multiverse.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:29 AM, Chet Steadman said:

When do we reach the True Blood tipping point where everyone is a superhero or has some sort of superpower ability?

I’m half expecting an upcoming series about the Abominable Snowman and Lochness Monster

On 9/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, Buzzrock said:

I’d never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man either and I really enjoyed those.

Eternals on the other hand…

Marvel is just taunting Warner Brothers/DC at this point

FcUNetKXEAMsfPG?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, mdmost said:

Werewolf By Night looks like something you'd see in Grindhouse. Let's go. 

No fucking idea what I just watched but I liked it. The aesthetic was great and I loved it going from black and white to muted color at the end. 

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I find it hard to believe they know the Fantastic Four is so shitty they are already planning a February Dump.  Have they even started shooting yet?

February really isn’t an issue anymore (Black Panther released in February and it hit well over a billion) plus that means it’s hitting Disney+ in April, ahead of Secret Wars.

Plus that’s just the natural pacing of a movie every 2-3 months, which I’d argue is worse than any specific dates, since burnout could happen or people might slack off and wait for a movie to hit Disney+.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

February really isn’t an issue anymore (Black Panther released in February and it hit well over a billion) plus that means it’s hitting Disney+ in April, ahead of Secret Wars.

Plus that’s just the natural pacing of a movie every 2-3 months, which I’d argue is worse than any specific dates, since burnout could happen or people might slack off and wait for a movie to hit Disney+.

I guess, but I feel like Black Panther was the exception to the rule.  February is the time for shitty movie dumps. But who am I to question the Machine? It’s Kevin Feige’s world, we just live in it.

12 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I guess, but I feel like Black Panther was the exception to the rule.  February is the time for shitty movie dumps. But who am I to question the Machine? It’s Kevin Feige’s world, we just live in it.

Honestly they have crammed a shitload of big budget movies into less than 8 months.

And F4 can’t be any shittier than the previous two.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:12 AM, mdmost said:

confirmed

EXCLUSIVE: It’s official. Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones franchise) will be taking over the Marvel role of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, beginning with Phase 5 title Captain America: New World Order. He’ll star opposite Anthony Mackie, with Shira Haas, Tim Blake Nelson and Carl Lumbly also among the ensemble.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/harrison-ford-set-as-general-thaddeus-thunderbolt-ross-for-captain-america-new-world-order-will-star-opposite-anthony-mackie-1235146944/

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

confirmed

EXCLUSIVE: It’s official. Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones franchise) will be taking over the Marvel role of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, beginning with Phase 5 title Captain America: New World Order. He’ll star opposite Anthony Mackie, with Shira Haas, Tim Blake Nelson and Carl Lumbly also among the ensemble.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/harrison-ford-set-as-general-thaddeus-thunderbolt-ross-for-captain-america-new-world-order-will-star-opposite-anthony-mackie-1235146944/

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?

Werewolf by Night was pretty good. Probably the most violent thing Disney Marvel has ever put out, but still pretty damn tame.

Not sure where they're going with this.

I wish they would have done a better job making it look more like film. It was obviously digital. I don't know all the technical details but I feel like I've seen more film-like digital from YouTubers, albeit very skilled YouTubers. Granted, YouTube is extremely compressed so there's that.