2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Machinator

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm calling my shot now. Milroe really shows out in Bama's next game.  Saban realizes that Milroe adds a dimension that Bryce Young doesn't have. Bryce Young is unable to displace Milroe as starter.  Young portals to Texas next year, returning to his first love Steve Sarkisian, the man who recruited him to Alabama. Young is unable to displace Ewers as starter during preseason camp. Ewers goes down to injury early in next year's game in Tuscaloosa and Bryce Young comes in and beats Alabama.

I’d also like to add that Arch temporarily quits football so he’s not burning years of eligibility while he quietly waits his turn to be a QB at Texas for 4 full years.  He leaves Texas as a 4 time Heisman winner and has a medical degree.  

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm calling my shot now. Milroe really shows out in Bama's next game.  Saban realizes that Milroe adds a dimension that Bryce Young doesn't have. Bryce Young is unable to displace Milroe as starter.  Young portals to Texas next year, returning to his first love Steve Sarkisian, the man who recruited him to Alabama. Young is unable to displace Ewers as starter during preseason camp. Ewers goes down to injury early in next year's game in Tuscaloosa and Bryce Young comes in and beats Alabama.

image.gif.75c495aedf7f09e553c57d7d616d85cc.gif

• Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

One of Milroe's best traits as a recruit was his poise and leadership. Dude looked terrified and lost for most of that game. The moment was too big for him.

I dunno if he's got the mentality to play RB either.

He reminded me a ton of early Card in the pocket.  On every play I was just waiting for him to bail the pocket and roll to his right unnecessarily, usually right into the path of a defender who was previously well contained.  I would bet he did this on >60% of passing plays.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's everything about 9.95. There's some way to find out kid X if you care to know.

I’m struggling to follow what you are saying. You do realize he was originally committed to Texas and that’s why there was a thread on him, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m struggling to follow what you are saying. You do realize he was originally committed to Texas and that’s why there was a thread on him, right?

No I did not. I can't keep up. It very nearly changes daily. It takes committed effort to keep all the moving parts accounted for.

Sweatergawd I had no idea he was considering Austin at any time,  past or present. There are so many. I have come to expect a percentage of guys that get a thread here end up somewhere else. 

I'll be glad to keep shelling out for our burnt ends, but I can't keep up with what the hell is going on. 

And this is why I lurk over here. I'll go back to it.

Edit: just so we're clear on it. That was a compliment to you buncha assholes for tracking these recruits. Ones that land here and those that don't. It's a lot of work compiling it. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Atticus said:

One of Milroe's best traits as a recruit was his poise and leadership. Dude looked terrified and lost for most of that game. The moment was too big for him.

I dunno if he's got the mentality to play RB either.

Those closeups of him were telling. He looked shell-shocked and trying to hold it together. Bryce Young had to give him a hug after the game because he felt so bad for him.

And that was at home. If he’s the one taking snaps in Neyland Stadium this week, it’s going to be real bad news for them. Tennessee fans have 15 years of futility and fury bottled up and waiting to explode on Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Those closeups of him were telling. He looked shell-shocked and trying to hold it together. Bryce Young had to give him a hug after the game because he felt so bad for him.

And that was at home. If he’s the one taking snaps in Neyland Stadium this week, it’s going to be real bad news for them. Tennessee fans have 15 years of futility and fury bottled up and waiting to explode on Saturday. 

20+ years. Wasn't Fulmer the last winning coach there? Like, actually winning more than 9 games?

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

20+ years. Wasn't Fulmer the last winning coach there? Like, actually winning more than 9 games?

8 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I think he meant the current 15-year losing streak to Bama.

It’s pretty much the same thing. Saban arrived in 2007 and they haven’t beaten Bama since. It was also the last year that Tennessee won 10 games in a season. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Milroe throws a nice deep ball and his combo of speed, strength and athleticism are off the hook. Bama's coaches should be smart enough to design a package that plays to Milroe's strengths instead of making him do things (pocket passer for short and medium passes) he's absolutely not good at. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Milroe throws a nice deep ball and his combo of speed, strength and athleticism are off the hook. Bama's coaches should be smart enough to design a package that plays to Milroe's strengths instead of making him do things (pocket passer for short and medium passes) he's absolutely not good at. 

They need to move him to RB

They need to move him to RB
If they had a real QB behind him we would have seen that guy last night. Tbh I still think he can get better as the season progresses (this is only his 3rd start iirc) and Bama could actually run the table on their SEC schedule if their OC plays to his strengths.
  • Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

No ill feelings towards Milroe. He wanted to come here and was recruited over… he’s going to be a really good college Qb bc very few teams will be able match up like we did. Always seemed like a class dude. 

IIRC, he was one of the pied pipers for that year's class. He really wanted to come to Texas but when Texas got Ewers to transfer, he committed to Bama. I with the kid all the best in the world, except when he plays Texas. Plus we want Bama to win out as to not cheapen this win. Milroe playing well is key for that to happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2