2021 OT Hayden Conner

Hiphopopotamos

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

I strongly recommend this place if you ever head to Raleigh. It's a brewery first, library-restaurant-shop 2nd. https://brewerybhavana.com/about

The family has a restaurant right next door, also recommend. http://bidamanda.com

I want to say thank you, too. My sister lives in NC and my wife and I have been looking for places to visit when we're there. 

29 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I want to say thank you, too. My sister lives in NC and my wife and I have been looking for places to visit when we're there. 

Raleigh is an interesting place, they are attempting to revitalize DT. Great place to stay is https://www.guesthouseraleigh.com

You will also quickly notice that 2-3 blocks away from DT get extremely sketchy. 

14 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Raleigh is an interesting place, they are attempting to revitalize DT. Great place to stay is https://www.guesthouseraleigh.com

You will also quickly notice that 2-3 blocks away from DT get extremely sketchy. 

Thank you! I'm saving all of these so we can get a feel for the city. We've never been there, and have heard great things. Glad you pointed out the sketchy part, too. Much appreciated 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Thank you! I'm saving all of these so we can get a feel for the city. We've never been there, and have heard great things. Glad you pointed out the sketchy part, too. Much appreciated 

Stayed there a couple of days last fall. Hotel was on the east side next to some mall, but we spent the days walking downtown. The capital, the free museum of natural science (badass), and then had the kids mess around in the giant learning center whose name I cannot recall. All within a few blocks. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Stayed there a couple of days last fall. Hotel was on the east side next to some mall, but we spent the days walking downtown. The capital, the free museum of natural science (badass), and then had the kids mess around in the giant learning center whose name I cannot recall. All within a few blocks. 

Very nice! Great to have more confirmation. My sister loves it, but glad you guys also think nicely of the city. Can't wait to visit it for myself and check out DT. 

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That is so badass. In fact, badass isn't a good enough word for what that is. We need a better word for a situation where our dreadlocked and tattooed Aerospace Engineering professor helps us land a blue chip offensive lineman.

Fetch... is the word you are looking for...

18 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Fake news.  I was told he was an aggy lock. 

18 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

100% A&M crystal balls.

Just because I think that his "98 rating & #4 in the State" will perhaps drop in the future, I thought that I would screen shot and post this today...

Screen-Shot-2019-07-24-at-1-06-14-AM.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

He's sending us coelenterates a message!

At The University of Texas at Austin, Jah leads a research program called the Advanced Sciences and Technology Research In Astronautics (ASTRIA), which he developed while working at the Air Force Research Laboratory, and has been growing it steadily. Jah says, “I’m always looking for those wishing to join this cause and serve this ideal. Our motto is Ex Coelestis, Scientia … Nihil Arcanum Est, which loosely translates to ‘From the Heavens, Knowledge … Nothing Hides.’”

https://lift.erau.edu/space-junkie/

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

At The University of Texas at Austin, Jah leads a research program called the Advanced Sciences and Technology Research In Astronautics (ASTRIA), which he developed while working at the Air Force Research Laboratory, and has been growing it steadily. Jah says, “I’m always looking for those wishing to join this cause and serve this ideal. Our motto is Ex Coelestis, Scientia … Nihil Arcanum Est, which loosely translates to ‘From the Heavens, Knowledge … Nothing Hides.’”

https://lift.erau.edu/space-junkie/

I feel like professors like him probably grow on trees in college station. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I'm assuming this means that the credit for making this excellent film goes to one @JTSchoenemann. Interesting, as his Twitter bio reads:

/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Thanks TexAgs!!

Is that your chosen twitter font?  Or his?

If yours, please set yourself on fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I listened to the interview last night. Hayden said he knew for awhile that he wanted to be a Longhorn but when Milroe committed that was the deciding factor. They spoke on the phone and Milroe told him, let's go build a national championship team at Texas. Thank you @OnAComputer  He also had a lot to say about his meeting with the space engineer prof.

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

I listened to the interview last night. Hayden said he knew for awhile that he wanted to be a Longhorn but when Milroe committed that was the deciding factor. They spoke on the phone and Milroe told him, let's go build a national championship team at Texas. Thank you @OnAComputer  He also had a lot to say about his meeting with the space engineer prof.

But all those aggy CB's???

Edited by Snotrocket
Typing

Just watched Conner's soph highlights.  He impresses in all the usual ways  for an OL.  He's got quick feet, nasty disposition, puts people on the ground and finishes the play.  But if you watch closely you'll see how smart he is taking on smaller defenders in space.  Most OL will chase those guys, lunging to try to connect with the block.  Hayden will often take up position, wait for them to commit and then cut off their pursuit angle.  You'll also see him approach fully on balance using short, choppy steps.  He knows he isn't going to out-quick a guy 100 lbs lighter.  He uses brains and technique to overcome that.

18 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

You'll also see him approach fully on balance using short, choppy steps.  He knows he isn't going to out-quick a guy 100 lbs lighter.  He uses brains and technique to overcome that.

It also takes innate balance. That is the un-coachable part and it's very rare in big men. Most OL, esp the bigger D1 prospects, get out over their skis when in space. It doesn't matter if they are going forward, like this example, or backwards - like we see in the 1:1s in the camp setting. That's when you see a lot of lunging and/or grabbing. Good balance in an OL is the consistent trait in each take with this staff (under both Warehime and Hand). It's very similar to our DB takes and their elite change of direction.  

8 hours ago, golfclap said:

It also takes innate balance. That is the un-coachable part ...

Isn’t anything “innate” inherently “uncoachable”?

Coaches work to improve players’ balance in virtually every sport and frequently with good-to-great results with plus athletes, but I’m fairly certain that “innate” things, as a rule, cannot be coached. 

I’ll hang up and listen. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...