Adios, El Patio...

Deej

They claim they're gonna relocate it to another spot.  I don't know that's terribly portable.  Its allure was its adjacency to campus.  I mean the Lakeside location could be called "Shitheap Bar & Grill" and I'd still go because it was literally on the water.  But somebody will take over that spot.  But what happens to the West Campus ideation?  Nothing is my guess.  None of us, and particularly students, are gonna drive out to East Riverside or South First or Burnet Road to visit "Cain & Abels II"  But good for them for cashing out.  Maybe they can reboot in the Scientology second floor.  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

They claim they're gonna relocate it to another spot.  I don't know that's terribly portable.  Its allure was its adjacency to campus.  I mean the Lakeside location could be called "Shitheap Bar & Grill" and I'd still go because it was literally on the water.  But somebody will take over that spot.  But what happens to the West Campus ideation?  Nothing is my guess.  None of us, and particularly students, are gonna drive out to East Riverside or South First or Burnet Road to visit "Cain & Abels II"  But good for them for cashing out.  Maybe they can reboot in the Scientology second floor.  

It’s moving two blocks away. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/popular-ut-west-campus-bar-cain-abels-moving-to-new-location-soon/amp/

On 7/30/2019 at 6:22 AM, ztejas said:

El Patio was always okay. Sucks that it's closing though. Milto's, Thai Kitchen and Ken's will have to hold down the block. 

El Azteca was the biggest old school texmex loss for me. And it's not as "texmex" but if Aranda's on Burnet ever closes I might burn down the resulting establishment. 

This post hasn't aged very well....

Re: Crown and Anchor, I don't live anywhere close to there and haven't been in I don't know how long.  Has anything changed?

Can't imagine Dervin is still around is he?  Used to see him at Texas Showdown (his girlfriend was bartender IIRC) and then would run into them at C-Hunts and split a bucket on occasion.  He was good people.

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Re: Crown and Anchor, I don't live anywhere close to there and haven't been in I don't know how long.  Has anything changed?

Can't imagine Dervin is still around is he?  Used to see him at Texas Showdown (his girlfriend was bartender IIRC) and then would run into them at C-Hunts and split a bucket on occasion.  He was good people.

Dervin is still there. Works most weekdays during the day.