Your ship may be coming in 
You’re weak but not giving in 
To the cries and the wails of the valley below 
And your ship may be coming in 
You’re weak but not giving in 
And you’ll fight it 
You’ll go out fighting all of them

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I actually like that Ryan does Bryan cover.  Especially when he kicks into overdrive on the last chorus.

Notice at the top of the video he's apparently castigating someone in the audience for requesting "Freebird".  On my mother's grave, I can attest to the fact that Ryan once yelled "Freebird" at me & my band while we were slogging through our shitty set at The Hole In The Wall.  Et tu, Ryan?

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 3:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Kevin Connor made a cryptic comment on Sun Radio this weekend, hinting that Jason Isbell might pop up at John Prine's ACL taping on June 5.  It was pretty vague, though, so do your homework if you're interested.

Even if you're wrong you still get to see John Prine at ACL Live, so I don't really see how you lose.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 3:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Kevin Connor made a cryptic comment on Sun Radio this weekend, hinting that Jason Isbell might pop up at John Prine's ACL taping on June 5.  It was pretty vague, though, so do your homework if you're interested.

Looks like it’s Tyler Childers

I just saw Jason Isbell's interview on "Off Camera".  It's a show hosted by director Sam Jones on Audience Network.  Sam can be a bit of a beating at times, but this particular interview was fantastic.  Jason's intelligence is obviously off the charts.  The way his mind works is fascinating -- even in conversation he effortlessly frames ideas and drops phrases that are wholly unique.  It's no wonder he's such a terrific songwriter. 

If you don't get Audience channel you can watch the episode here:

Off Camera" Jason Isbell

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ve always loved the live version of Whisper I’ve had. Assassin too. 

Looking forward to Crystal Clear as well.  My only complaint is Superman not making the cut.

I realize this isn't a common opinion, but this is my favorite era of Isbell as a songwriter.  Sirens can instantly transport me to a time, place, and mindset in a way few other albums can.

I never checked out Chris Stapleton (other than hearing that strawberry wine song everywhere), but this popped up on Spotify for me:

Holy hell, how do we get a whole album of that?

And more importantly, how in the hell do I get that tone.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus.  They look like babies.  Badass clip, too.

Am I the only one that resents both Tweedy and Farrar for never burying the hatchet?  I'm not pining for a UT reunion, and I actually prefer both Wilco and Son Volt's best work to UT's, but it just bugs me that they still hate each other 25 years after breaking up over what basically amounted to getting on each other's nerves/ego.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Going to see Stapleton tonight....who's coming with me???

I'll be there if I can get the entire group (Eagles fans - I am as well, but really want to see Chris ) to stop pre-gaming and get to the show.

I wonder how abbreviated his set will be?  Eagles playing someiting 27 songs on this tour.