The Kind of Story We Need Right Now

RPM

While she might look rough at 40, the suspect is only 27!

I like this broad. A quote from another article?

"Finding her was like finding a lost dog, but humans are more stupid and she did a lot of dumb things and it made it easier to find her," said Danielle Reno, who led police to her stolen property. "We were on her case."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-iowa-carpenter-dale-schroeder-secret-millionaire-33-stangerscollege-20190724-bcmi7y4r7nadtb7kuv4ilhsppe-story.html

Dale Schroeder was a frugal man who worked as a carpenter for 67 years, wore two pairs of jeans — for church and work — and drove a rusty old Chevy truck.

When he died in 2005 at age 86, the Iowa native’s closest friends didn’t know he secretly amassed close to $3 million in savings.

“I nearly fell out of my chair," his friend Steve Nielsen recounted to CBS Des Moines affiliate KCCI in an interview about the lives Schroeder impacted since his passing.

According to his pal, the longtime Moehl Millwork employee saved up a fortune over the years and wanted to empower others with it.

"He said, 'I never got the opportunity to go to college. So, I'd like to help kids go to college,'" Nielsen said about Schroeder, who didn’t have any living descendants.

His specific instructions for his money were to send small-town Iowa kids to college.

The substantial nest egg helped change the lives of 33 people.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-iowa-carpenter-dale-schroeder-secret-millionaire-33-stangerscollege-20190724-bcmi7y4r7nadtb7kuv4ilhsppe-story.html

Dale Schroeder was a frugal man who worked as a carpenter for 67 years, wore two pairs of jeans — for church and work — and drove a rusty old Chevy truck.

When he died in 2005 at age 86, the Iowa native’s closest friends didn’t know he secretly amassed close to $3 million in savings.

“I nearly fell out of my chair," his friend Steve Nielsen recounted to CBS Des Moines affiliate KCCI in an interview about the lives Schroeder impacted since his passing.

According to his pal, the longtime Moehl Millwork employee saved up a fortune over the years and wanted to empower others with it.

"He said, 'I never got the opportunity to go to college. So, I'd like to help kids go to college,'" Nielsen said about Schroeder, who didn’t have any living descendants.

His specific instructions for his money were to send small-town Iowa kids to college.

The substantial nest egg helped change the lives of 33 people.

People could learn a lot from good ole Dale. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...