2020 RB Bijan Robinson

texifornia

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a massive man crush for this guy. He’s everything you want in a Texas player/RB. 

It’s driving me crazy, though. I can’t identify an NFL back that he’s like. He’s not quite as shifty as Barry Sanders. Who is it?

One interesting trait about him. He always seems like he’s running at 3/4 speed, yet he just works his way thru traffic. Never seen anything like it. Maybe that’s his super power. Vision. 

Why do you need to compare him to a former player? That obsession, and it's everywhere in sports, is so weird. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:

I'd be beyond happy if Sark (or Arch) recruits him to come back next year, (won't happen) but I think we'll be just fine with the young bucks + Kelian, and Baxter could be a factor by mid season.

We'll be good with Brooks leading and Blue + Baxter behind him. I don't really factor Wisner in just because I don't think he'll amount to much on the field 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a massive man crush for this guy. He’s everything you want in a Texas player/RB. 

It’s driving me crazy, though. I can’t identify an NFL back that he’s like. He’s not quite as shifty as Barry Sanders. Who is it?

One interesting trait about him. He always seems like he’s running at 3/4 speed, yet he just works his way thru traffic. Never seen anything like it. Maybe that’s his super power. Vision. 

Watching the game today, friend of mine (Bama fan, who was at the Bama/Texas game incidentally) said Bijan reminds him of Saquon Barkley.

13 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Remember the commitment day vividly, was one of the most out of nowhere ones I can remember. Glad to have had him in Austin and looking forward to a long NFL career.

He was not out of nowhere. He was trending Texas for months. He and Drayton had a strong relationship.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Thank God for coach Herman.

/ducks

Note:  Not a Herman fan, except for this one recruitment. 

You know TH was a genius for having the forethought to limit Bijou's carries in 2020 and saving him for the next coach.

Mensa, motherfuckers!

2118614315_ScreenShot2022-11-21at10_02_30AM.thumb.png.ddd852004005e816759e035da014a12e.png

20 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

He was not out of nowhere. He was trending Texas for months. He and Drayton had a strong relationship.

The timing was definitely out of nowhere. I don’t think any of us expected him to shut it down before the season.

Edited by CashMcCoy

4 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

The timing was definitely out of nowhere. I don’t think any of us expected him to shut it down before the season.

I didn't think it was out of nowhere.. after his silent to tosu this place was the lowest i ever remembered.. but he kept his TL to announce before his Sr season (and taking all his OVs)

Credit to Herman to stay on him and his family after that OV to tosu and all the momentum tosu had at that Adidas/rivals camp afterwards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Came here to post 'Walter Payton' but that's been done. 

He's probably not 'like' anyone, agreed. 

But if the question is to compare him to some 'archetype' running back, if you must .....Walter Payton. 

Disagree on that compare. The only back I have ever seen that has his short area lateral quickness in a phone booth was Barry Sanders, but they are very different players. My best compare is Saquon Barkley or Alvin Kamara due to their versatility, but that still isn’t the same running style.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:13 PM, Dbeasy said:

Between his unique skillset and the way the game has changed, I don't know that there is a perfect or near perfect comp. He's definitely got some Le'Veon Bell in him when it comes to patience and acceleration, but lack of top end speed. That's probably the first one that comes to mind for me, but he is better in the open field and as a receiver than Bell ever was. I also see some LT in terms of just having every tool - elusiveness, power, receiving ability, etc.

31 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Disagree on that compare. The only back I have ever seen that has his short area lateral quickness in a phone booth was Barry Sanders, but they are very different players. My best compare is Saquon Barkley or Alvin Kamara due to their versatility, but that still isn’t the same running style.

He is tough comp. He has great vision, balance, and amazing short area quickness. One of the best receiving threats out of the backfield I have seen, he is the best receiver on the team.  Lacks that elite break away speed. 

51 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Barkley is a good example, I believe.    Maybe Curtis Martin and I say that with absolute respect as I believe Curtis Martin was a flat out bad ass..

Barry Sanders.....that's a bold statement.    

Walter was generally known as the best pass catcher out of of the back field who had played up until that time,  to accompany his elite, elite running ability,

Marshall Faulk obviously came later and is another really good candidate. 

Good barstool conversation anyway.....these are the best players ever to play running back that he's getting mixed in with, which has got to be good.