Any critters you have a irrational fear of / hatred for?

Buzzrock

I like snakes. I’ll pick up a non-venomous snake in the wild (even kept one as a pet as a kid). Spiders don’t bother me as long as they don’t touch me. Bees are cool. I give wasps a wide berth. I fortunately haven’t dealt with too many rodents in the home.

But mother fuck a cockroach. Especially the built palmetto bug bastards. They were everywhere on the farm growing up, and they show up in my garage and on my deck in the summer. I just flattened a couple on the deck while getting the smoker going.

I fucking hate them. If more than two came at me at once I’d probably burn the house down. I still have the occasional farm roach nightmare.

And just in the spirit of the sub-forum:

6488c5e9ef7ee58f3a51d655ce6b2e60.jpg

• Like 2

I like snakes. I’ll pick up a non-venomous snake in the wild (even kept one as a pet as a kid). Spiders don’t bother me as long as they don’t touch me. Bees are cool. I give wasps a wide berth. I fortunately haven’t dealt with too many rodents in the home.

But mother fuck a cockroach. Especially the built palmetto bug bastards. They were everywhere on the farm growing up, and they show up in my garage and on my deck in the summer. I just flattened a couple on the deck while getting the smoker going.

I fucking hate them. If more than two came at me at once I’d probably burn the house down. I still have the occasional farm roach nightmare.

And just in the spirit of the sub-forum:
6488c5e9ef7ee58f3a51d655ce6b2e60.jpg

20f07cd70890568372b39cebb0d76b8c.gif

There is absolutely nothing in this world worse than a cockroach. Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Scorpions. Devil’s spawn I tell you.

Fuck yes. My first introduction to them was the movie Clash of the Titans. 

I didn't even know they were a real thing until I saw one at about age 8 and I about shit my pajamas. 

In conclusion, fuck scorpions. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

20f07cd70890568372b39cebb0d76b8c.gif

There is absolutely nothing in this world worse than a cockroach. Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

Also, pretty much every Texan remembers the first time they learned that cockroaches can fly. Fucking terrifying. 

• Like 3

Rats. I do not fuck with rats unless to kill them barbarically like a medieval barkeep

Sharks. I do not fuck with sharks or feed them when I’m diving or dive in a cage with them. Fuck. That. 

Jaguars. The fact they drop on you silently from above has deeply freaked me out since my dad told me that while watching Whinny the Pooh.  

14 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I live in a 100 year old ranch house and scorpions are a major problem. I was getting stung in bed 4-5 times per year until I finally figured out how they were getting into the house. Once, there was one hiding under a dinner plate I'd put on the counter. When I picked up the plate it stung me on the inside of my finger and I felt the sting in the exact same place on my other hand..it must have hit a nerve. I thought I was being electrocuted for a half a second. Good times 

The hatred is real, however. Whenever I was stung in bed I'd pick up the scorpion with tweezers, cut its claws and stinger off with a pair of scissors, then gently place under a tree in the yard where it could starve to death. 

The pesticide Demon, mixed correctly, will fuck scorpions up and it lasts for several months.  Personally, I don't think their sting is all that bad..... red wasps on the other hand.... :( 

Edited by Marfa Low Crown

14 hours ago, tbone_ said:

This is my response as well.  I grew up with lots of spiders and other creepy crawlies but didn’t experience scorpions until I moved to AZ as an adult. I know the ones we have here won’t really hurt me but I’ll burn the house down to get rid of one.  

15 hours ago, TornACL said:

Fuck yes. My first introduction to them was the movie Clash of the Titans. 

I didn't even know they were a real thing until I saw one at about age 8 and I about shit my pajamas. 

In conclusion, fuck scorpions. 

I dunno, in that movie it was a toss up between the scorpions and the Medusa head snakes. Creeped me out.

We live in the burbs and so not too many scorpions and the possums tend to move along pretty quickly, but yeah, cockroaches are nasty.

41 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Mother fuckin Cicada Killers sound like it’s 1943 and the Luftwaffe is comin for that ass

spacer.png

I know they won’t sting but I still duck and weave like Lil Mac

What is the motherfucker that's colored like these, has wings just the same but the body is more like a bee?  Almost looks like a big fly.  I looked it up online, but really not sure what to look for, couldn't find it in wasps

anything that flies is 10x scarier.  Cockroaches do not concern me.

Not at all irrational. Unlike spiders and snakes, every gotdamn one of them will sting you.

Roaches are my only irrational fear. I know they can’t hurt me, they’re just so fucking gross. Working in the yard a couple weeks ago and I went into my garage where my drink was. Picked it up, took a big swig, and a huge roach started flapping around in my mouth. Spit it on the ground, stomped it, then vomited looking at it. Just writing this has me gagging
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Not at all irrational. Unlike spiders and snakes, every gotdamn one of them will sting you.

Roaches are my only irrational fear. I know they can’t hurt me, they’re just so fucking gross. Working in the yard a couple weeks ago and I went into my garage where my drink was. Picked it up, took a big swig, and a huge roach started flapping around in my mouth. Spit it on the ground, stomped it, then vomited looking at it. Just writing this has me gagging

Good thing you didn't decide to crunch the ice. 

I would have had to do this.

64d0745504acd8363069e1079e6e34d7.gif

There is no way I could ever go on living after that.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Crusher said:

Possums. I fucking hate 'em. They do that growling thing and I am out..

Fuck these pieces of shit. Used to knock over trash cans and spread trash everywhere. It's fun cleaning that up at 6am before leaving for work. What's more fun is shooting them between those reflective eyes with a .22 at night, tossing them by their tails into the wooded area of our land. 

I live in a gated community that buttresses a greenbelt so I see some critters; armadillos, possums, raccoons, big ole owls, all kinds of cool birds, etc. There is one old couple with an ancient lady who has cats. I allow her a wide berth with her cats because I'm 99% sure they are keeping the rodent/rat/mice population at 0 as I've never seen one in all these years.

I’ve learned 2 things living in AZ for 21 years: if you see a scorpion hunt that mother fucker down and crush it however long it takes to find it or it will fucking sting you eventually (black light flashlights are helpful), and Cy-Kick is the only chemical I’m aware of that phases them.

We live next to open Sonoran Desert and we get javalina, coyotes, bobcats, even the occasional mountain lion spotting. None of that bothers me. Fucking scorpions do though.

15 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I’ve learned 2 things living in AZ for 21 years: if you see a scorpion hunt that mother fucker down and crush it however long it takes to find it or it will fucking sting you eventually (black light flashlights are helpful), and Cy-Kick is the only chemical I’m aware of that phases them.

We live next to open Sonoran Desert and we get javalina, coyotes, bobcats, even the occasional mountain lion spotting. None of that bothers me. Fucking scorpions do though.

But they put out some great albums.

9 hours ago, tbone_ said:

+1 on the Cy-kick.