Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Wife: blah blah blah, kids aren’t listening to me.
Me: Kids, go do what mom says.
Kids: ok dad.

Later
Me: kid, time to go take a bath.
Boy: but... blah blah blah
Me: does arguing with me ever work?
Boy: no... (gets up and heads to the bathroom)

The day before my wife was telling me I am too hard on our daughter. She was messing with my stuff and I let her know it wasn’t ok. Told her to fix it. She whined and then did it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Hair cut and coloring aside, my wife is a fucking penny pincher. It is one of her more endearing qualities. She was very upset the other day that she had ordered a book from amazon that had been in her shopping cart for a while, and after it was delivered there was a $10 price drop. It was like an assault on her penny pinching soul. 

Did she pay using a credit card that has price protection? If so, there's still hope!

On 3/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, JimmyHoffa said:

Going out to dinner with 3 other couples tomorrow night. My wife and the other 3 were texting on where they wanted to go a few nights ago. 

I've never wanted to shoot myself in the head after hearing my wife read back the discussion on where to go and why we can't go here or there. 

So there was a 30 minute party (can't remember if it was xmas or halloween) at my son's school that several mom's were planning.  Wife was one of the moms on the email chain about what to do.  to her credit, she was the voice of reason, but one mom was planning out literally 3 hours of activities and crafts and games and wanted a chocolate fountain and lots of other nonsense for again, a 30 minute party.  This woman said that at her kids prior school, they did an 2.5 party and planned out all this stuff.  Not sure why she thought it would all work the same for a 30 party.  i'll go ahead and blame pinterest 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, ABSR said:

“I don’t care where we eat, you decide”.  Folllowed by “Not there, pick anywhere else”.  Followed by “ No I don’t feel like that, we ‘ll go to your next choice.”  Followed by “I had that kind of food  3 days ago so we can’t have that.”  Followed by you saying “What kind of food do you want?”  Followed by “I don’t care where we eat, you decide.”    Followed by .....

It was pretty much this. They finally decided on a place, I called to make a reservation and they were full which started the whole process over again. I then made a reservation on my own without female approval and everyone was happy with the outcome. 

On 3/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, TrashMaster G said:

"Say the last thing first"  and you're done.

Does anyone else ever get the embedded story? My wife will tell me a story where she was talking with someone else about something I was a witness to (e.g. event happens where wife and I are both there -> she later tells someone else about it -> they say something interesting or funny). In the middle of the story is the part where she tells the friend about what happened. Without fail, she’ll tell me everything she told her friend even though I already know that part of the story. 

So in a ten minute conversation about something funny or interesting a friend said, I’ll spend about nine minutes hearing her recounting of our shared event and a minute discussing what the friend said. It’s maddening.

20 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Hair cut and coloring aside, my wife is a fucking penny pincher. It is one of her more endearing qualities. She was very upset the other day that she had ordered a book from amazon that had been in her shopping cart for a while, and after it was delivered there was a $10 price drop. It was like an assault on her penny pinching soul. 

Mrs. CHIEF is that way too. My cousin got married weekend before last and she told me she was going to get a nice dress and she didn't care if she had to pay full price. Got home with a really nice one, I complimented it, she told me she got it from the 50% off sales rack.

Color and a cut with the tip is about $75 for her, an even $100 with the tip.

Still drives her 2003 4Runner with 240,000 miles cause she doesn't want a car payment.

CHIEF

• Like 2

Came home a few days ago to a new bottle of hand soap in the bathrooms.  What caught my attention:

1) glass bottle

2) label had scalloped edges and was a tea stained color in an attempt to appear old timey.

3) the word apothecary on the label 

i wonder how much we paid for this. Hopefully in the future we just buy the cheap dial soap and refill the bottle, which is probably what came in the bottle in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Came home a few days ago to a new bottle of hand soap in the bathrooms.  What caught my attention:

1) glass bottle

2) label had scalloped edges and was a tea stained color in an attempt to appear old timey.

i wonder how much we paid for this. Hopefully in the future we just buy the cheap dial soap and refill the bottle, which is probably what came in the bottle in the first place. 

She probably needed to take out a loan.

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) glass bottle

If you have to ask...

21 hours ago, Anastasis said:

btw if you think thats a coincidence, its not.  

Maybe you know this, maybe you dont, but if you arent browsing in private mode after checking the price on something and dont purchase it, the cache information is shared with the website you already visited, that goes for amazon, most retail sites and all the travel planning sites as well.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) glass bottle

here's ours..,

imageService?profileId=12026540&id=13678

8 minutes ago, deadshank said:

But the labels says "for hard working hands."

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH she bought it so you can wash your hands with it after you masturbate because she had another headache. 

Edited by Js1

“Alexa - Pair with Mrs Estacado’s phone.”

*Opens phone. Plays music using thumbs and fingers like its 2016*

*The other 167 hrs/week Alexa silently records everything in our home waiting, lurking, the ever present Eye of Sauron, documenting for the coming AI-Skynet revolution...but we needed a voice controlled Bluetooth speaker in the office because our 4 existing Bluetooth speakers have buttons and single blue light, pssssh so 2000&late*

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nivek said:

The day before my wife was telling me I am too hard on our daughter. She was messing with my stuff and I let her know it wasn’t ok. Told her to fix it. She whined and then did it.

Wife does this with me on our oldest (13, no pics).  "You need to take it easy on her!"  Did this yesterday.  20 minutes later, made our 9 year old cry on the way to her birthday party for over some stupid shit that mom couldn't let go.  Do as I say, not as I do?

“Alexa - Pair with Mrs Estacado’s phone.”

*Opens phone. Plays music using thumbs and fingers like its 2016*

*The other 167 hrs/week Alexa silently records everything in our home waiting, lurking, the ever present Eye of Sauron, documenting for the coming AI-Skynet revolution...but we needed a voice controlled Bluetooth speaker in the office because our 4 existing Bluetooth speakers have buttons and single blue light, pssssh so 2000&late*

This. I told them no. They showed up any way. I unplug them every time I walk past one and bury it in a drawer. Before too long I will just throw them away.

Got back last night from a week-long trip to Colorado skiing.  We drove.

I pack the car.  I also unpack the car.  Luggage, skis, boots, gear, etc.  Skis and poles go in the roof box.  This time so did the boots.  She assists with the unload.

Her:  Why did you put the boots in the roof box?  They were in my boot bag.

Me:  I pulled them out so I could flatten the boot bags.  Easier to see out the back with the rear-view mirror.

H:  They were in the bag though.

M:  Yes.  Yes they were:

H:   I didn't want them up there.

M:  What difference does it make?  It's storage space for shit we don't need in the car.  They were up there on the ride up too.  

H:  I wanted them in the bag.  Especially on the ride up because I don't like putting on cold boots.  You could have put the bag to the side.

M:  The boots had all night to get to room temperature, so that's not a good reason.  Tell you what, next time you can load the gear.

So she doesn't like my tone.  And because she's irritated, instead of setting my skis down on the concrete driveway like they should, she decides to de-tune the edges by setting the tips down and sliding them across the driveway until she puts the tails down.  I know her and she didn't do it on purpose out of spite - more likely she's frosted about the boot thing and not paying attention.

M:  The fuck you do that for?

H:  ????

M:  I could hear the edges grinding on the driveway (someone may accurately point out that edges on the tips should be de-tuned anyway, but it shouldn't be with the driveway method, so that's not the point).

H:  They're fine.

M:  You'd have a conniption if I did that to your gear.  Help me get the roof box off please.

The roof box is light, but bulky.  Helps to have two people.  I slide the front of the box off the rack towards her to grab.  I have the back and am ready to lift.

M:  Ready?

H: . . . . . . . . .

M:  Ok?

H: . . . . . .

M:  It's customary to have a verbal acknowledgment if you are asked if you are ready or not.  Ready?  Yes or no?

H.  Maybe.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I pack the car.  I also unpack the car.  Luggage, skis, boots, gear, etc.  Skis and poles go in the roof box.  This time so did the boots.  She assists with the unload.

Me:  I pulled them out so I could flatten the boot bags.  Easier to see out the back with the rear-view mirror.

M:  What difference does it make?  It's storage space for shit we don't need in the car.  They were up there on the ride up too.  

H:  I wanted them in the bag.  Especially on the ride up because I don't like putting on cold boots.  You could have put the bag to the side.

M:  The boots had all night to get to room temperature, so that's not a good reason.  Tell you what, next time you can load the gear.

So she doesn't like my tone.  And because she's irritated, instead of setting my skis down on the concrete driveway like they should, she decides to de-tune the edges by setting the tips down and sliding them across the driveway until she puts the tails down.  I know her and she didn't do it on purpose out of spite - more likely she's frosted about the boot thing and not paying attention.

M:  I could hear the edges grinding on the driveway (someone may accurately point out that edges on the tips should be de-tuned anyway, but it shouldn't be with the driveway method, so that's not the point).

M:  You'd have a conniption if I did that to your gear.  Help me get the roof box off please.

The roof box is light, but bulky.  Helps to have two people.  I slide the front of the box off the rack towards her to grab.  I have the back and am ready to lift.

M:  It's customary to have a verbal acknowledgment if you are asked if you are ready or not.  Ready?  Yes or no?

H.  Maybe.

Ski trips are one of the most arduous tests of a family unit's strength. 

Cruise ships also test high on this scale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upgrayedd said:

H.  Maybe.

What a horrible bitch. 

Her attitude sucks too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Wife does this with me on our oldest (13, no pics).  "You need to take it easy on her!"  Did this yesterday.  20 minutes later, made our 9 year old cry on the way to her birthday party for over some stupid shit that mom couldn't let go.  Do as I say, not as I do?

We expect that of her at this point. 

2 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

H.  Maybe.

The make-up sex is going to be awesome.