Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

5 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Why.....167a9c8da9be4f1aa0d9def34b39b11a.jpg

I know exactly how this happens.  She was at a friend’s and liked the Meyer’s dish soap. She then bought one Meyer’s soap product and likes it. Decides to stock all dishwashing and hand washing sinks with the appropriate product. So far so good. 

Then every time she walks by that section at HEB, she thinks “that dispenser in the powder room might be getting low.  I’d better buy a replacement.”  So she does. And sticks it in that closet. And then does the same routine the next week. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

I know exactly how this happens.  She was at a friend’s and liked the Meyer’s dish soap. She then bought one Meyer’s soap product and likes it. Decides to stock all dishwashing and hand washing sinks with the appropriate product. So far so good. 

Then every time she walks by that section at HEB, she thinks “that dispenser in the powder room might be getting low.  I’d better buy a replacement.”  So she does. And sticks it in that closet. And then does the same routine the next week. 

My explanation was much funnier

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

And they're just reselling other's products?

I didn't know this was a real place until recently.

I've never looked at their website before. It reminded me of this:

738e07b836db01b2663f36d0aa1de43e7299609d.thumb.jpg.42f44fee61b02d683c05bbc998676b1a.jpg

4 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Why.....167a9c8da9be4f1aa0d9def34b39b11a.jpg

3 hours ago, nnm said:

That's on you boys for allowing that insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Wife picked up kid at ski lodge. Just 1 turn after exiting condo. Exit condo to the right, go up mountain, turn right, pick him up. Return just 1 left turn. 

After picking him up put the restaurant next to the condo into waze. Selected the wrong location, drove 20 minutes in wrong direction before I took a look at where she was at and called her to tell her she was going the wrong way. 

You’re like Mission Control 

DC73BE03-8278-47A8-BB33-B239ADD767C0.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blacklab said:

Wife picked up kid at ski lodge. Just 1 turn after exiting condo. Exit condo to the right, go up mountain, turn right, pick him up. Return just 1 left turn. 

After picking him up put the restaurant next to the condo into waze. Selected the wrong location, drove 20 minutes in wrong direction before I took a look at where she was at and called her to tell her she was going the wrong way. 

You left out the part where it became your fault.

Admit it. You would not have called and turned her around if the kid wasn't with her.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Only reason I looked was I was waiting for her to take me to hospital, ski lodge is 8 minutes away and she had been gone over 30 minutes. Mostly disappointed in son, he has a good sense of direction. I expect wife to do shit like that.

I ended up walking to hospital.

Preface:  My wife is one of these semi-anti-western medicine (aka "science") people.  She doesn't accept the simple, medically sound explanations for shit and tries all kinds of herbal and new agey remedies.

I have a torn labrum in my right shoulder.  It hurts most of the time, but only acutely when I move in certain ways.  I was given the options of surgery with a 6-month recovery time or just living with the pain.  For now, because I can still do everything I want to do, I am living with the pain.  This past Sunday I paddled a canoe 20 miles.  It's the most strenuous exercise I've done that could affect my shoulder since I injured it.  Yesterday and today, my shoulder has been hurting more than it had been.  I told my wife this.  She told me it was because of the way I sleep with my arm under my head; something I have done almost every night of my life, including constantly since I injured my shoulder.  Me:  "Or it could be that I paddled 20 miles yesterday."  Tone.

Postscript:  Underlying this is my wife trying to find a way for this to be my fault.  After nearly 14 years of marriage it has now become reflexive.

8 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I rarely tell my wife any of my infrequent ailments, because as soon as I do, it begins a litany of things she wants me to try, take, do, don't do, reasons why I got this ailment, why it's my fault, and better living would prevent it.  So I don't do it.  Ever.  

This guy wifes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Preface:  My wife is one of these semi-anti-western medicine (aka "science") people.  She doesn't accept the simple, medically sound explanations for shit and tries all kinds of herbal and new agey remedies.

I have a torn labrum in my right shoulder.  It hurts most of the time, but only acutely when I move in certain ways.  I was given the options of surgery with a 6-month recovery time or just living with the pain.  For now, because I can still do everything I want to do, I am living with the pain.  This past Sunday I paddled a canoe 20 miles.  It's the most strenuous exercise I've done that could affect my shoulder since I injured it.  Yesterday and today, my shoulder has been hurting more than it had been.  I told my wife this.  She told me it was because of the way I sleep with my arm under my head; something I have done almost every night of my life, including constantly since I injured my shoulder.  Me:  "Or it could be that I paddled 20 miles yesterday."  Tone.

Postscript:  Underlying this is my wife trying to find a way for this to be my fault.  After nearly 14 years of marriage it has now become reflexive.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

We are hitting our 40th anniversary next month. I learned a valuable lesson from her dad after their 65 years of marriage. Quit listening. His wife always accused him of needing hearing aids but the reality was he was ignoring her criticizing and harping. I do it now. My wife is not sure whether I am ignoring her or really can't hear her but it's a win for me. I call it male pattern deafness. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6