Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

On 6/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, Grade of D as in David said:

My uncle just politely keeps saying no thank you and stays put in front of the window.

and that is a sure fire way to guarantee that the Whataburger staff spit on or worse to your food.

Just accept that when you place your order in the drive through lane and there are 4 cars ahead of you in line that take 5 mins each to be car order to be fulfilled... until you get to the window 20 mins later and they havent even started cooking your order yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There was a nasty bitch in Kroger with her cat last week. Not only did the nasty heifer bring the cat into the store, but she also had the damn thing's pillow or bed in the cart, too! She was telling another lady that the cat basically had cat aids and had to go everywhere with her.  Cat people are crazy.
I once had a cat that got "cat aids". (I forget the actual name but they described it as "basically AIDS but for cats.)

By the time it has symptoms to even know this diagnosis, it's too late for the cat and it usually dies within 48 hrs.

13 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and that is a sure fire way to guarantee that the Whataburger staff spit on or worse to your food.

Just accept that when you place your order in the drive through lane and there are 4 cars ahead of you in line that take 5 mins each to be car order to be fulfilled... until you get to the window 20 mins later and they havent even started cooking your order yet. 

Cook? 
Don’t you mean nuke, then placed under the warming light?

7 hours ago, Modessit said:

I once had a cat that got "cat aids". (I forget the actual name but they described it as "basically AIDS but for cats.)

By the time it has symptoms to even know this diagnosis, it's too late for the cat and it usually dies within 48 hrs.

Sometimes you get lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I've got an all-timer coming up.  I'll try and make it short.

So, a couple of years ago, some might recall the multitude of stories about my SIL.  Refused to work, drew disability for 2+ years, etc... Well, she finally got a job and "got better".  She's been tolerable as of late.  Well, her birthday had been coming up, so my wife and she decide they want to go to New Orleans.  Cool.  Have a great weekend.  I'll bullet the rest...

• For some reason, they decide the best plan of action would be to fly to New Orleans in the morning then, fly back that evening.  I implored them to stay overnight.  I mean, neither would ever delve into the nightlife, but I figured staying would keep them from being rushed.  Whatever.  They stick with the day plan.  SIL's birthday.  She has the final say-so.  So two round trip plane tickets to essentially eat lunch in another city.
  • As simple as this plan should have been, they, of course, miss their flight.  I have told my procrastinating wife many, many times that flights are not the time to fuck around and find out.  Well, they FAAFO.  Now they're on a later flight, Dallas to Atlanta, then back to NO --- for the day.
  • This may be the best part.  And, I'm so glad I waited until today to get the rest of the story.  They finally make it to New Orleans around noon.  Return flight leaves at 7.  There's not a ton of time to see and do everything they want to do.  Guess what SIL decided to do first?  Miniature golf.  I'm dead effing serious.  It's her birthday, in New Orleans, a city she's never visited, and she wants to play miniature golf during the 4 or so hours they have to visit New Orleans.

Jesus.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. /Richard Dreyfuss

Ummm…wow….this is beyond stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We’re at a wedding tonight and I asked my wife what the reception was going to be like. She said “I think it’s just a caricature board”. I asked her if she meant that someone was going to be drawing caricatures. She looked at me funny and said no, that’s what we’re eating. I finally got it. She meant charcuterie board. 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Tangentially related.

my mother in law took my niece to Europe one summer many years ago.  One of the “highlights” according to the photos I was shown was a stop at The Gap in Paris.  What the absolute fuck.

Bet they “dined” at McDonald’s too. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I've got an all-timer coming up.  I'll try and make it short.

So, a couple of years ago, some might recall the multitude of stories about my SIL.  Refused to work, drew disability for 2+ years, etc... Well, she finally got a job and "got better".  She's been tolerable as of late.  Well, her birthday had been coming up, so my wife and she decide they want to go to New Orleans.  Cool.  Have a great weekend.  I'll bullet the rest...

• For some reason, they decide the best plan of action would be to fly to New Orleans in the morning then, fly back that evening.  I implored them to stay overnight.  I mean, neither would ever delve into the nightlife, but I figured staying would keep them from being rushed.  Whatever.  They stick with the day plan.  SIL's birthday.  She has the final say-so.  So two round trip plane tickets to essentially eat lunch in another city.
  • As simple as this plan should have been, they, of course, miss their flight.  I have told my procrastinating wife many, many times that flights are not the time to fuck around and find out.  Well, they FAAFO.  Now they're on a later flight, Dallas to Atlanta, then back to NO --- for the day.
  • This may be the best part.  And, I'm so glad I waited until today to get the rest of the story.  They finally make it to New Orleans around noon.  Return flight leaves at 7.  There's not a ton of time to see and do everything they want to do.  Guess what SIL decided to do first?  Miniature golf.  I'm dead effing serious.  It's her birthday, in New Orleans, a city she's never visited, and she wants to play miniature golf during the 4 or so hours they have to visit New Orleans.

Jesus.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. /Richard Dreyfuss

What a waste of a trip holy shit

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Tangentially related.

my mother in law took my niece to Europe one summer many years ago.  One of the “highlights” according to the photos I was shown was a stop at The Gap in Paris.  What the absolute fuck.

You sound like you wouldn't appreciate the Las Vegas Target my wife made us walk to last year.  Yes, that was on our list when we visited last year 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

One time the ex made us go to Cancun with a bunch of her friends.  One afternoon I rode the city bus to a Walmart.  It was the highlight of the trip for me.

You went to Cancun with your stripper ex and a bunch of her (I'm assuming) stripper friends and the best part of the trip was Walmart?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

You sound like you wouldn't appreciate the Las Vegas Target my wife made us walk to last year.  Yes, that was on our list when we visited last year 

I actually ordered a margarita with my fish & chips when we dined at a pub in London 5 years ago. 
No ice in it, but was slightly chilled.

D859FAE7-C195-4EEE-B21D-DDF4E79FDF5E.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Married coming up in 19 years this month. Wife reads online that our fans should all be running counterclockwise in the summer. Me knowing this already, changed them nearly two months back. But we had an argument at midnight about whether the fan was spinning clockwise (her) or counterclockwise (me and the fan).

The fan is clearly spinning counterclockwise, but to prove it was clockwise she held an oversized decorative clock up to the fan and continued arguing while watching the second hand go one direction and the fan go the other. After a minute or two when she starts to realize she is wrong, she then argues that it’s clockwise if you look down on it so she’s right.

I’m done for the night, so I let her change the rotation. I’ll just change sit back in a day or two.

Whether it’s running clockwise or counter is irrelevant. Conceivably, the angle of the blades could be such that running clockwise could have the opposite effect. 

The point is to have the ceiling fans pushing the air down during summer, cycling out the hot air at the top of the room, and pushing the air up during the winter. If you’re standing directly under the fan in the summer and don’t feel it, then it’s blowing the wrong way. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Whether it’s running clockwise or counter is irrelevant. Conceivably, the angle of the blades could be such that running clockwise could have the opposite effect. 

The point is to have the ceiling fans pushing the air down during summer, cycling out the hot air at the top of the room, and pushing the air up during the winter. If you’re standing directly under the fan in the summer and don’t feel it, then it’s blowing the wrong way. 

We are eating our own now?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, nnm said:

lol yeah I get that but I’m fairly certain that every residential fan I’ve had have the blades are all facing the same way.

Also, that did come to mind and I briefly tried to make that point but this argument was based on what she read on the internet so I wasn’t going to logic/science my way to a W here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Married coming up in 19 years this month. Wife reads online that our fans should all be running counterclockwise in the summer. Me knowing this already, changed them nearly two months back. But we had an argument at midnight about whether the fan was spinning clockwise (her) or counterclockwise (me and the fan).

The fan is clearly spinning counterclockwise, but to prove it was clockwise she held an oversized decorative clock up to the fan and continued arguing while watching the second hand go one direction and the fan go the other. After a minute or two when she starts to realize she is wrong, she then argues that it’s clockwise if you look down on it so she’s right.

I’m done for the night, so I let her change the rotation. I’ll just change sit back in a day or two.

Ask her to clean off the blades when she’s up there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nnm said:

@TKthunder2 please come back with a report after you try to explain the angles of the fan blades to her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/5/2023 at 10:02 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You should have told her that the fan was made in Australia and so clockwise is the other way for it

she’d probably accept an emergency 6 hour collect call from the international air flow commission in Springfield 

True story/CSB alert

Spent spring break in a condo in Hawaii with a bedroom ceiling fan that wouldn't blow air down in either direction.  Its as if physics ceased to exist in that condo.

Really sucked because the AC was locked at 74.  Slept on top of the sheets the whole week.

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Neighborhood FB group:

wifedriving.thumb.jpg.18047fbbef1593c449f4a1c6a7c6b8d6.jpg

It depends on which service he would like an estimate for. Stucco repair is fairly cheap. The other option is at least half of everything you own. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1