Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If they were planning to money whip somebody good they would have already done it and certainly wouldn't let Ole Miss outspend them for their top DC choice. 

How can you reach the conclusion they're about to money whip somebody when they might lose out on their top choice to Ole Miss because of money? 

They used all of their money on recruits. 

Edited by TenCarryTom
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

aggy is going to be the first program to get busted for paying players illegally when there is a legal way to pay players. 

This is the exact reason I think the NCAA will crack down on somebody soon. It's now legal to pay kids and they know their time running CFB is limited to the next 10 years or so. They will want to go out with a bang 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This is the exact reason I think the NCAA will crack down on somebody soon. It's now legal to pay kids and they know their time running CFB is limited to the next 10 years or so. They will want to go out with a bang 

Not happening. They had multiple schools dead to rights on the FBI tapes and they did absolutely nothing. Dont do it to yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not happening. They had multiple schools dead to rights on the FBI tapes and they did absolutely nothing. Dont do it to yourself. 

Not saying it's happening but doing illegal things when a legal avenue exists is stupid. If you're referring to Will Wade at LSU then that's a bad example, Mark Emmert isn't allowing anything to happen to his school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There's absolutely no way this blows up in their faces. Aggy plans always work out perfectly 

The way Luicci talks about it I'm surprised former players havent turned on him for basically saying aggy had everything to win a championship but good players, now they actually have good players coming in...no more scrubs

33 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

It’s gonna be hysterical when these guys start entering the portal. When they actually have to live in college station and put up with Jimbo’s tantrums, they’ll start second guessing pretty quickly… 

My money is on CS police dept / Jimbo fued as they don't seem to get along very well

58 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Not saying it's happening but doing illegal things when a legal avenue exists is stupid. If you're referring to Will Wade at LSU then that's a bad example, Mark Emmert isn't allowing anything to happen to his school. 

There were multiple schools on there. Most for basketball, but the Clemson BBall coach is on there saying if you want to win like football, then you have to pay for players like football does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, if aggy pays their recruits under the table big time, outbidding everybody, and hauls in the bestest ever recruiting class ever...what's to keep them from doing it again next year...if nothing happens to them....?

Legal NIL catching on and other schools catching up. I think A&M caught the usual buyers by surprise with the size of their budget this year, but there's no way the Bama/UGA/LSU/Oregon boosters don't adjust to the new standard being set. I expect A&M to remain competitive but moreso in the top 5 class range, not #1.

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

yeah Louisiana Tech and San Diego State better watch out.

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

yep.  we've been hanging out in the shallow end of the pool for no reason other than to say we are in the shallow end.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, if aggy pays their recruits under the table big time, outbidding everybody, and hauls in the bestest ever recruiting class ever...what's to keep them from doing it again next year...if nothing happens to them....?

This is the concern, dude. 

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Legal NIL catching on and other schools catching up. I think A&M caught the usual buyers by surprise with the size of their budget this year, but there's no way the Bama/UGA/LSU/Oregon boosters don't adjust to the new standard being set. I expect A&M to remain competitive but moreso in the top 5 class range, not #1.

It isn’t an either/or. It’s get paid a fuckload in advance, and then more thru NIL later.  Possession is huge, and they get them in the door and signed with under the table.  Now the NIL details can be worked out.  Also, big difference between a ho-him yearly #1 class and the #1 of all time.   

I still believe that aggy resides in the same tier with Ole Miss, despite what they tell themselves, where the NCAA would make an example of them. But their gamble this year, to go absolutely all-in with the bag game, seems to coincide with the NCAA being completely toothless in any level of punishment enforcement. So I think they will get away with it, unless the just aggy it up somehow, which is always possible with these idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.feddeb37afcf90e1deca49be2754b7e9.jpeg

That guy doesn’t know shit. There is a ZERO % chance it was that high. 30 mill is more than a mill per recruit and I think they topped out at 500 for Nolan and stewart. These also aren’t NIL deals, that’s not how that works because they can’t or haven’t shown quid pro quo

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

That guy doesn’t know shit. There is a ZERO % chance it was that high. 30 mill is more than a mill per recruit and I think they topped out at 500 for Nolan and stewart. These also aren’t NIL deals, that’s not how that works because they can’t or haven’t shown quid pro quo

I agree but if you’re going to cheat, what’s breaking the NIL rules going to do (quid pro quo)? I don’t think the # is anwhere near that high, but I bet there’s 5-6 dudes in the several hundred k range.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they are 5-7m in by the end. That class is sick af on paper. 

eta: that sooner is just repeating what’s on the aggy pay boards with regards to booster shell companies, drawn out contracts, etc.  

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I agree but if you’re going to cheat, what’s breaking the NIL rules going to do (quid pro quo)? I don’t think the # is anwhere near that high, but I bet there’s 5-6 dudes in the several hundred k range.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they are 5-7m in by the end. That class is sick af on paper. 

NIL has more regulations than the bag game. Ya the number I have heard is 5+

Just now, RGBIII said:

NIL has more regulations than the bag game. Ya the number I have heard is 5+

I know. What I’m saying is if you aren’t afraid to blatantly cheat in the bag game, what’s to keep you from bending the rules in NIL?  My understanding (what ag pay boards are claiming) is these kids are getting hard figures for “legit” NIL work which they won’t actually do ala Big Red motors.  Boosters are setting up shell companies to avoid having to go thru their boards, loaning them tax accts, etc.   My understanding is guaranteed money to recruits is off limits in NIL, and I think they are breaking that. But I don’t think they gaf either.    5m+ is a steal.  

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What about the PPP loan Texags received? Surely none of that ended up being used in recruiting right? I mean , aggy honor code and all...

@Randolph Duke

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know. What I’m saying is if you aren’t afraid to blatantly cheat in the bag game, what’s to keep you from bending the rules in NIL?  My understanding (what ag pay boards are claiming) is these kids are getting hard figures for “legit” NIL work which they won’t actually do ala Big Red motors.  Boosters are setting up shell companies to avoid having to go thru their boards, loaning them tax accts, etc.   My understanding is guaranteed money to recruits is off limits in NIL, and I think they are breaking that. But I don’t think they gaf either.    5m+ is a steal.  

But you have to consider the part where you're believing everything you're reading on A&M boards and then posting over here 50 times a day about how scared you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

I still believe that aggy resides in the same tier with Ole Miss, despite what they tell themselves, where the NCAA would make an example of them. But their gamble this year, to go absolutely all-in with the bag game, seems to coincide with the NCAA being completely toothless in any level of punishment enforcement. So I think they will get away with it, unless the just aggy it up somehow, which is always possible with these idiots. 

No, Ole Miss can make NY6 bowls more than once. They're in the same tier as Mississippi State, regardless of what they tell themselves. 

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

But you have to consider the part where you're believing everything you're reading on A&M boards and then posting over here 50 times a day about how scared you are.

So much this. He was parroting the dumb aggy narrative that Durkin had coached top 5 defenses earlier when it’s not even remotely true because it was Muschamp running the D at Florida. 

@fattyflattie stop being a retard and taking everything you read on aggy boards as fact.