Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

11 hours ago, RGBIII said:

That guy doesn’t know shit. There is a ZERO % chance it was that high. 30 mill is more than a mill per recruit and I think they topped out at 500 for Nolan and stewart. These also aren’t NIL deals, that’s not how that works because they can’t or haven’t shown quid pro quo

Isn't it possible that they're promising multi-year NIL deals that will be signed as soon as the recruit is enrolled? And maybe the $30mm is an endowment amount like Clark Field.

Idk but it just seems like they've gotta have something planned to keep these kids around. The boosters with that much money can't be quite that dumb. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Isn't it possible that they're promising multi-year NIL deals that will be signed as soon as the recruit is enrolled? And maybe the $30mm is an endowment amount like Clark Field.

Idk but it just seems like they've gotta have something planned to keep these kids around. The boosters with that much money can't be quite that dumb. 

Don’t underestimate aggy stupidity, my dude. Regardless of how rich the individual is.

• Haha 1

Just now, Noozak said:

Don’t underestimate aggy stupidity, my dude. Regardless of how rich the individual is.

C'mon, can we stop with the whole "Every Aggy is an idiot" schtick? Yes, their boosters are pathetically desperate and likely brainwashed, but there are plenty of smart Aggy alums out there just like any school.

If they managed to pull this budget together, they're probably reasonable enough to consider how to keep guys around (whether it works or not)

If aggy had  major NIL programs why wouldn't they be public? What's the benefit of keeping that stuff hidden? 

You want that stuff public so recruits/players see what they can get. I haven't seen any major NIL deal associated with aggy. It's fairly obvious how aggy is getting recruits if you can connect the dots. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No. You fucking idiots are wasting click time for the rest of us with supposed day jobs with all of this bullshit about ATM's "NIL".

They didn't have a fucking NIL answer and were flatfooted just like everyone else when UT's alumni base started weaponizing. They're still flatfooted and they don't want the old model to go away. Idiotic fans on their boards typing out fan fiction about how they did everything right and the rest of the world just doesn't get it is simply typical aggie fan fiction. That sooner fans, who are completely lost on what's happening right now both in the bag game (the greatest fucking irony in college football history) and NIL, are taking aggie posters' words for granted changes none of the reality. 

We have done the research. We have talked to aggies involved. Some of us have actually formed legitimate LLCs. Reported to the IRS. Formed C-corps. Sold them, shut them down, raised money for them, built them, built boards, blah blah fucking blah. Anyone making any of the work that's happened over the last 6 months on this stuff sound easy is either a liar or completely misinformed. 

ATM was going to cheat their ass off this cycle. I fucking told you this in January. The recruiting world knew it. No one knew by what level of magnitude, but they all knew it. Saban knew it. Swinney knew it. Sarkisian knew it. This isn't some whip-up of legitimacy in real time that everyone is stunned by and has no defense for, Jesus tittyfucking Christ. 

I know aggy cheating their asses off is a pretty common thing, but do you think this magnitude of the shit they pulled will be the new normal or was this more of a spike because they just were not going to be denied the victory of the #1 recruiting class? I have a hard time believing that their donors will continue pouring money at this rate into the bag game ad nauseum.  

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No. You fucking idiots are wasting click time for the rest of us with supposed day jobs with all of this bullshit about ATM's "NIL".

They didn't have a fucking NIL answer and were flatfooted just like everyone else when UT's alumni base started weaponizing. They're still flatfooted and they don't want the old model to go away. Idiotic fans on their boards typing out fan fiction about how they did everything right and the rest of the world just doesn't get it is simply typical aggie fan fiction. That sooner fans, who are completely lost on what's happening right now both in the bag game (the greatest fucking irony in college football history) and NIL, are taking aggie posters' words for granted changes none of the reality. 

We have done the research. We have talked to aggies involved. Some of us have actually formed legitimate LLCs. Reported to the IRS. Formed C-corps. Sold them, shut them down, raised money for them, built them, built boards, blah blah fucking blah. Anyone making any of the work that's happened over the last 6 months on this stuff sound easy is either a liar or completely misinformed. 

ATM was going to cheat their ass off this cycle. I fucking told you this in January. The recruiting world knew it. No one knew by what level of magnitude, but they all knew it. Saban knew it. Swinney knew it. Sarkisian knew it. This isn't some whip-up of legitimacy in real time that everyone is stunned by and has no defense for, Jesus tittyfucking Christ. 

The Office Thank You GIF

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

You think the Aggys have a 30 million endowment for NIL and they aren't bragging about it to everyone?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Another big issue is that the same boosters being pushed to support the bag game will have plenty of incentives to repurpose those dollars in the future to NIL. Some of those incentives include but are not exclusive to: -tax benefits, -corporate benefits, -public chest beating, -not risking reputation, -not having a constant dirty feeling by being legit business men who have to hand "trainers" backpacks full of rolled cash like a mobster or drug dealer, -having fail safes against player betrayals because there is an actual contract, etc.

At some level you'd think -not committing a felony would have to enter the equation as well. That's not just a reputation risk.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Fuck no. If it was like CF or HWH aggy would have been publicizing the shit out of it like the Texas athletes and 9.95ers did. Shit even the Burnt Ends is a bigger NIL program than anything at aggy.

Edited by HtownHorn

We all know how this is going to go. Two rich guys are in a hunting blind in South Texas. The Longhorn turns to the Aggy and brags about his tax deductions from contributing to the Clark Field Collective and Horns With Heart. Aggy swallows his dip, and pulls out his phone to schedule an emergency booster meeting in Houston. 

To be more illustrative, take the dirty recruitment of Walter Nolen and think about it in the future. The dad wants to get paid. He's vocal about it. Schools spend the majority of the recruiting cycle showing the Nolen family how players like their son are making X dollars per year at their school for Y kinds of work. They'll be coaching them into how the player can do with that money whatever they want, including sending it home to mom and dad to "invest" for them. 

Schools will get really fucking creative with this shit. As they do, they're not going to ignore the mom, dad, or uncle. Meanwhile, it is legal and everyone can do it. The bag game will be left to the idiotic uncle who cannot handle the notion that he wants his $50k right now, dammit, and somebody is going to pay it. Trainers and uncles will always get side money for enabling visits and commitments. That won't change much, if I'm thinking about things right.

Expect to see a fuckton of recruits start to prioritize early graduation as an additional side effect of everything going on. The sooner they can start getting paid, the better. Schools are going to push younger players they're recruiting to get more aggressive on that as well. Why? Because it takes another objection away from the NIL side of things. Players getting their money damned near upfront removes the "I want my $50k now and don't want to wait 8 months to get it" premise. 

The irony to me is that ATM will soon enough get as aggressive as possible in NIL, diminishing the competitive advantage they've built along with other aggressive cheaters in the SEC, along with Clemson, FSU, Oregon, Ohio State, and USC. When the stakes get really big in NIL, the bag game stops making sense for most participants, flat out. That benefits Texas, Michigan, and Notre Dame as much as anyone, and there's very little anyone can do about it. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We all know how this is going to go. Two rich guys are in a hunting blind in South Texas. The Longhorn turns to the Aggy and brags about his tax deductions from contributing to the Clark Field Collective and Horns With Heart. Aggy swallows his dip, and pulls out his phone to schedule an emergency booster meeting in Houston. 

No one contributing to CFC is going to receive a tax break. It's a for profit company. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

NIL is way bigger than most people gave it credit for up until recently. I have friends that, in February 2021, told me that NIL wouldn't make a dent in recruiting and they're extremely involved with CFB recruiting at a national level or at Texas or at Bama. They're all now speaking of NIL as being a massive variable in how the recruiting landscape unfolds in the future. NIL can't be used to induce a recruit specifically, but recruits and parents aren't stupid. They can look at programs and what players are making and factor that into their thinking. 

Spoiler

Stop trying to pay players to get an advantage - that's not what this is about. This is about people who are good at football or play for the team that you really like, you can now pay to do cool stuff with them, or buy gear with their name on it without the university taking all the money, or have them sponsor your business so you can get real outcomes from their fans buying more shit from you.

This isn't a way for you to "legally pay players to come here", a byproduct of people getting great sponsorship opportunities or having more fans that are willing to buy their merchandise is the draw, not the fact that you are making up some business to advertise absolutely nothing so you can pay way fucking over market rates for dogshit. Stop being fucking stupid. 

Memorabilia and Merchandise are the 2 main things that will drive NIL income in the long term, it won't be corporate sponsorships and all this other dumbfuckery, because despite what you think, people like to pay for results. 

Funny you should mention that.  I'll let you try and guess which benevolent dictator was trying to dismiss the idea of NIL being a recruiting tool just 6 months ago...

11 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Hide contents

Funny you should mention that.  I'll let you try and guess which benevolent dictator was trying to dismiss the idea of NIL being a recruiting tool just 6 months ago...

Link us to this. I'm guessing it's @immamac and me or someone like me, because I feel like I vaguely remember the conversation. To be clear, it's pretty fucking hard to see around corners, so I have a hard time holding anyone accountable to a position on something radically new like this, moving this fast, and with this much chaos around it.

Anyone confident enough to make an argument even right now on this stuff could be proven to be way off base when we look back in another 12 months. I know fully well that if my prediction on the bag game being pushed into the realm of corner cases winds up being off base, people will be climbing over themselves to mock me and paint me a fool. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Link us to this. I'm guessing it's @immamac and me or someone like me, because I feel like I vaguely remember the conversation. To be clear, it's pretty fucking hard to see around corners, so I have a hard time holding anyone accountable to a position on something radically new like this, moving this fast, and with this much chaos around it.

Anyone confident enough to make an argument even right now on this stuff could be proven to be way off base when we look back in another 12 months. I know fully well that if my prediction on the bag game being pushed into the realm of corner cases winds up being off base, people will be climbing over themselves to mock me and paint me a fool. 

Dude, even if you are wrong about the bag game, in theory you're still right. It should go away, but I think people like aggy will continue it as well as their NIL shit. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It was @immamac for both quotes. I can't trust my age-addled memory, but I don't recall you vociferously shitting on the idea of NIL being used for recruiting purposes.

• Haha 1

I think Burnt Ends is awesome, and am super-appreciative of the work you and others put in to accomplish it. It's awesome, and still best-in-class in college football.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that any significant part of its success has anything to do with the interviews, podcasts, dinner, etc., and that 95% of the donations are specifically about how it will affect recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I really can't wait for our first meet up with Aggie. Regardless of the coach, the players, the rankings, the recruiting classes, the alumni, the students, the $5.99 golden corral buffet in collie station, you know we're gonna win. On a last-minute field goal or by some curb stomping margin, our trans little brother with their gestapo marching band 90 miles to the east won't have a prayer.

Jimbo will do everything and anything to win a championship. I assumed it would mean allowing a player to kill someone without consequences. This doesn’t make sense because Durkin isn’t that great. I can see him hiring a Briles and get the media issues surrounding them. But not someone that doesn’t have any recent success. 

Having said that, this is why you have TexAgs. Billy will be on every call-in show this week and next. The focus will be on the recruiting class first and foremost. A&M will do everything they can to make this a positive. And likely will get away with it. 

If aggy had  major NIL programs why wouldn't they be public? What's the benefit of keeping that stuff hidden? 
You want that stuff public so recruits/players see what they can get. I haven't seen any major NIL deal associated with aggy. It's fairly obvious how aggy is getting recruits if you can connect the dots. 
aggy has been in the bag game a long time, efforts ramped up when they went to the SEC. Only difference is now every aggy that has a piggy bank left after setting up Jimbo for life and beyond are breaking them in a desperate attempt to keep their window of opportunity from closing when us and blowU actually have an SEC schedule.

Everyone knows what aggy is doing, anyone who truly thinks a team that hasnt won anything significant in over 80 years and can't even win their own conference division can just pull in the highest rated class in history above the table...is highly highly regarded. I mean, EXTREMELY regarded. Off the charts regarded..pre-schoolers could connect those dots.
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s no way they run a 3 man front with all those highly ranked DL that they told would be rushing the passer.  There’s just no damn way. 

…and yet, none will transfer. All hail Jimbo!

22 hours ago, closetojumping said:

the fanfic on this is reaching some truly awesome levels. the reality is we paid every single member of the signing class $25-$30 million each - and that was just to visit. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bizzle said:

the fanfic on this is reaching some truly awesome levels. the reality is we paid every single member of the signing class $25-$30 million each - and that was just to visit. 

That IS the bizarro shit some of your dumbass fans believe. You're RICH!

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, bizzle said:

I would be interested to hear in your words how this historic class was achieved with details of the messaging/methods used.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

you dont have to make it public knowledge.