Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

12 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

If he’s got the frame to add weight, why does that matter?

IF he can add 40+ pounds & keep his mobility before getting recruited over then he'll likely be fine. I could see it in some leagues but the SEC doesn't seem like the league to try and work with an underweight LT if you enjoy healthy QBs.

25 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Tarp, on A&M's DC search.

image.thumb.png.016418bdf16bfe12c7fc0cb31a68db6e.png

The early reaction ... 

image.thumb.png.9c8cf3e200a629021db653eee7d335fc.png

image.thumb.png.7ee72a51b59338c1420e670427b961f1.png

image.thumb.png.bbc256fcfa0ce0c045d704ac5a52db90.png

imagine going from MIKE ELKO to DJ Durkin lol

as a reminder:

On May 29, Jordan McNair, a 19-year-old offensive lineman for Maryland, collapsed during a strenuous practice. He was hospitalized after visibly showing signs of extreme exhaustion with a body temperature of 106 °F (41 °C) recorded upon arrival.[2] He was later airlifted to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center to receive an emergency liver transplant,[3] where he died on June 13.[4] Though no cause of death was initially listed for McNair,[5] findings published by ESPN in August show that he likely died of a heat stroke, with teammates and medical staff noticing an apparent seizure one hour before a 911 call was placed. This corroborated a statement made by his parents a month earlier.[6]

An investigation started immediately after his death showed that McNair first showed signs of heat illness at 4:59 PM[7]: 27–29  but did not arrive at the hospital for treatment until 6:36 PM.[7]: 32  A second investigation, into the culture of the Maryland football program, was started after ESPN published an investigative article in August 2018. Multiple staffers were suspended[8] and the strength and conditioning coach named as the main abuser in the ESPN report, Rick Court, resigned almost immediately after being suspended.[9] Head coach D.J. Durkin was also suspended and Matt Canada was named interim coach;[10] after the second investigation concluded that Maryland football did not have, by definition, a toxic culture, Durkin was reinstated on October 30.[11] Following intense uproar and protest over his return, Durkin was personally fired the next day by University President Wallace Loh.[12]

Is he that good of a DC?  I looked at his resume, and it seems a little thin.  I mean he coached two years as a DC at Florida under Will M (the last two years of his tenure).  Everyone knows Will really was the DC.  He had one year at Michigan under Harbaugh as DC.

He is supposed to be an elite recruiter.  Which is nice. But the DC needs to be really good.  His resume as a DC is thin.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Is he that good of a DC?  I looked at his resume, and it seems a little thin.  I mean he coached two years as a DC at Florida under Will M (the last two years of his tenure).  Everyone knows Will really was the DC.  He had one year at Michigan under Harbaugh as DC.

He is supposed to be an elite recruiter.  Which is nice. But the DC needs to be really good.  His resume as a DC is thin.

Yeah, that hire makes no sense. I doubt it's who aggy is hiring. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Liucci and the Ole Miss 247 board seem to be hinting the DC is going to be Durkin. It's such a weird hire and IMO a substantial downgrade from Elko. 

The aggy SECrant board is not happy. 

So how will aggy spin it when Durkin kills another player during practice? The kid wasn't SEC good?

Edited by UDontKnow

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

"The more Xin Pubes spins this the worse it gets. I maintain that this is the equivalent of Sumlin hiring Mazzone as OC until proven otherwise."

You fucking love to see it. 

Aggy doesn’t lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do, except when it comes to something they think they can brag about. If they can brag about it, there is no ethical boundary they won’t cross, including illegally paying players and hiring thieves, rapists, and murderers. 

How much time did their arrested players miss this season again? Dude charged with a felony who dropped all his drugs on camera and got caught missed one game, right?

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Also, I know that Durkin might adjust but he's primarily operated out of 3 man fronts. 

aggy better got those bags/NIL lined up to keep these DL on the roster. 

The only time Durkin has run a 4-3 was at Florida where it was Muschamp running the defense. 

The spin from aggy will be incredible if this is the hire. I was afraid they would hire Derek Mason. 

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The only time Durkin has run a 4-3 was at Florida where it was Muschamp running the defense. 

The spin from aggy will be incredible if this is the hire. I was afraid they would hire Derek Mason. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3262729

"You have to be a titanic moron to stack in depth the most elite d-lineman in the country and then shift to a 3-2-6."

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Please hire Durkin. Jimbo answering questions about Durkin's time at Maryland would be the chef's kiss. 

"well ya see it'slikethisyabadadoogongwityjmiogfsdogjivmdvxdiomgrdfoigjrdgoiuhretdihgbirtedgodnfboifhnbfdiohgbdrothbjndtrhb..."