Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It'll get spun as that's the guy Jimbo wanted all along... he just decided to you know wait until after signing day and all the bowls are wrapped up before he reeled him in.

Durkin should fit in wonderfully with a bunch of newly "minted" 18yr olds. We'll know how much actual control Durkin has if Jimbo forces him to stay with the 4-2-5 scheme as he's stated even if that is what they told recruits.

Yea, but with all these 5* stud Defensive players....all he'll have to do is put them on the field....probably not a lot of coaching involved....

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Lead CFB writer from TexAgs affiliate says A&M isn't cheating. OK.

aggy signing the best ever group of recruits...even above Bama, is like a  C student/middle of the pack student, graduating as Valedictorian of their class.  You just don't suddenly jump everybody like that....nope...something ain't quite right in aggyland.  TBD 

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Yea, but with all these 5* stud Defensive players....all he'll have to do is put them on the field....probably not a lot of coaching involved....

And yet there’s already questions on whether he will even put 4 linemen on the field at the same time when that’s where the bulk of the talent resides. 

• Like 1

I know there's talk about Santucci leaving to make room for Durkin, but what are the chances Elijah Robinson has an NFL job lined up and is the one leaving?  If Durkin runs a 3 man front, then there's only need for one DL coach.  Would be very Aggy to have him bring in all of those prized DL and then bail to leave them with a defense running a 3 man front.

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy signing the best ever group of recruits...even above Bama, is like a  C student/middle of the pack student, graduating as Valedictorian of their class.  You just don't suddenly jump everybody like that....nope...something ain't quite right in aggyland.  TBD 

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Deej said:

I know everyone believes that the NCAA has been neutered when it comes to punishments, but if anyone can find a way to fuck up and get nailed for violations, it's aggy. 

Arizona State insiders sent videos, receipts, and full documentation for tons of recruiting violations, and absolutely nothing has come about from the NCAA.

You think they'd go after a school where their investigation will assuredly be stonewalled?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Arizona State insiders sent videos, receipts, and full documentation for tons of recruiting violations, and absolutely nothing has come about from the NCAA.

You think they'd go after a school where their investigation will assuredly be stonewalled?

The SEC doesn't care about ASU. Ask Ol' Miss what happens when you 'out recruit' the traditional SEC blue bloods. 

20 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

The SEC doesn't care about ASU. Ask Ol' Miss what happens when you 'out recruit' the traditional SEC blue bloods. 

The other SEC schools may be pissed, and they may be looking to turn in shit, but lets not forget Ole Miss got busted because of a ton of leaked images and pictures over text, plus the Hugh Freeze ordering hookers on a non-burner phone. Someone is going to have to turn that shit public against any other school to get hammered as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

NCAA overturned some of the penalties on Ole Miss, when Ole Miss threatened to expose the system. The NCAA realized that they would have to sanction half the SEC West and eased the punishments. They meekly and quietly overturned a few of the punishments in a back  room deal that got little publicity. There is a pretty good piece on youtube on the whole thing

Edited by Codaxx

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

NCAA overturned some of the penalties on Ole Miss, when Ole Miss threatened to expose the system. The NCAA realized that they would have to sanction half the SEC West and eased the punishments. They meekly and quietly overturned a few of the punishments in a back  room deal that got little publicity. There is a pretty good piece on youtube on the whole thing

Share with the class? 

There are a lot of parallels to the ole miss situation. Ole miss came out of nowhere to sign a significantly higher number of (4)5* than the norm (usually 1). It usually took ole miss 3 to 4 years to get 4 5* players on campus.

A&M is usually good for 1 to 2 5* on a good year. I find a max of 3 in recent history. Now, all the sudden, they have signed 6 5* in one class. It usually takes them two to three years to pull that many.

Still, unless we have similar public sabotage, it is unlikely the ncaa cares even though they have already been on the aggy campus recently.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The other SEC schools may be pissed, and they may be looking to turn in shit, but lets not forget Ole Miss got busted because of a ton of leaked images and pictures over text, plus the Hugh Freeze ordering hookers on a non-burner phone. Someone is going to have to turn that shit public against any other school to get hammered as well.

Calling my shot:

Texas A&M Adds Commitment from Newly Minted DCTF Five-Star WR Evan Stewart

Edited by 40acredropout

4 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Calling my shot:

Texas A&M Adds Commitment from Newly Minted DCTF Five-Star WR Evan Stewart

I'm not sure how the NCAA got the texts and records, I forget. That being said, I don't think Laramie Tunsil turned himself in and narc'd. And I doubt it would be a player that got hundreds of thousands of dollars in under the table payments, either. 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure how the NCAA got the texts and records, I forget. That being said, I don't think Laramie Tunsil turned himself in and narc'd. And I doubt it would be a player that got hundreds of thousands of dollars in under the table payments, either. 

It's wet-dream wishcasting on my part but I'm envisioning a scenario where after catching a grand total of 10 balls in two years, a disgruntled Stewart portals, alludes to shady shit in College Station in a edgy TikTok and is then is granted immunity by the NCAA in exchange for testimony/evidence of how those fucking retards landed the best class of all time.  

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Actually Miss State had players go to the NCAA. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

For those of you who cannot get enough Jimbo Fisher...

"Coach, break that play down for us"

Jimbo: "Fuck me if I know. They threw the ball to the WR which is pretty much magic if you ask me. This Bama offense may be on to something with that, only time will tell."

Edited by hook me
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

For those of you who cannot get enough Jimbo Fisher...

"Let's turn a lighthearted event that generally has universal appeal into a broadcast led by a coach that barely speaks English and only interests one fanbase.  Sound good?"

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Patterson and Gundy should be there every year.

Agreed, both of those guys were awesome doing that. They should get Orgeron, Miles, and Urban Meyer in the room. That would be must see TV. Orgeron would be snorting coke off a hookers ass by the third quarter and flipping the bird to Fisher. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… with subtitles to decipher the 100mph garble that comes outta his mouth?

Yeah man, I tell ya what man, that dang ol' football man, you just go in there and block and tackle, talk about BAM, mean you got them big ol' uglies up front there man, just go womp womp womp, it's real easy man. And I tell you what man, just get them ol' boys out there on the edge man, talk about running down that ol' QB man and WOO WOO WOO talk about that boy being skurred y'all. Dang ole' football man.

• Haha 1

No clue if the numbers are right but aggy is about to start processing a lot of players.

"We still need 12 more to leave or retire to get under the 85 scholarship limit. If we sign Stewart, Mathews and another transfer, that's 15 we need to leave.
I'm including Myles Jones and Tyree Johnson in that list."

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/ainias-coming-back-next-year/100617722/

Edited by texasstrong12

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Fyi...   YUCK !!!  😬 

And then ESPN will wonder next week why for a game that will probably see poor ratings because most people don’t want to watch an SEC rematch , no one tuned into the coaches cam broadcast that would at least provide a different take on the game for the football fan….