Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Also, if you look at that SEC rant thread there's a breakdown of the roster based on classification.

Damn, aggy is going to be young as fuck next season. Only 32 upperclassmen scholarship players and several of those are still going to leave for the NFL or get processed. 

Fuck’m.

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

No clue if the numbers are right but aggy is about to start processing a lot of players.

"We still need 12 more to leave or retire to get under the 85 scholarship limit. If we sign Stewart, Mathews and another transfer, that's 15 we need to leave.
I'm including Myles Jones and Tyree Johnson in that list."

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/ainias-coming-back-next-year/100617722/

That should be easy given the amount of bread on their roster 

13 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

No clue if the numbers are right but aggy is about to start processing a lot of players.

"We still need 12 more to leave or retire to get under the 85 scholarship limit. If we sign Stewart, Mathews and another transfer, that's 15 we need to leave.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/ainias-coming-back-next-year/100617722/

Is he including the two walk-ons put on scholarship? Because they'll just not renew those. Also, I wonder if the specials commits and the Georgia guy who tore his ACL are gray-shirts or will walk-on for a year

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Sure. Alabama's only going to be a three point favorite in Tuscaloosa against A&M in a revenge game next year. Where can I place my wager? 

I remember our enthusiasm on the boards when Texas signed the #1 classes in 1999 and 2002. Obviously both of them panned out pretty damned well, but the expectations for immediate production from numerous guys out of both classes wound up proving to be laughable. I know transfer now add some salt to the recruiting classes, but I still find it comical that people are going to be higher on ATM in 2022 than the past two years. I don't even vaguely see it. I doubt Vegas will either.

If we're doing our yearly shitting on A&M's coming season, something worth noting is A&M doesn't have much room for incoming transfers, especially compared to everyone else. This should be a rebuild season, unless Max Johnson takes the next step, which seems unlikely in his first year in Jimbo's season

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

If we're doing our yearly shitting on A&M's coming season, something worth noting is A&M doesn't have much room for incoming transfers, especially compared to everyone else. This should be a rebuild season, unless Max Johnson takes the next step, which seems unlikely in his first year in Jimbo's season

Arkansas is losing a bunch of guys from defense either from graduation or transferring out.  They should be good on offense.  Ricky Stromberg (C) and Dalton Wagner (OT) are returning, so they'll return 4/5 of the OL, Jefferson, and most the RB's.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Arkansas is losing a bunch of guys from defense either from graduation or transferring out.  They should be good on offense.  Ricky Stromberg (C) and Dalton Wagner (OT) are returning, so they'll return 4/5 of the OL, Jefferson, and most the RB's.

Catalon just announced that he's returning 

7 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

They're not gonna start Max Johnson, they'll start Haynes King or Connor Weigman. They *have* to be better than Johnson. 

I don’t think Max is anything special, but he’s better than King and a true freshman Weigman 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I remember our enthusiasm on the boards when Texas signed the #1 classes in 1999 and 2002. Obviously both of them panned out pretty damned well, but the expectations for immediate production from numerous guys out of both classes wound up proving to be laughable. I know transfer now add some salt to the recruiting classes, but I still find it comical that people are going to be higher on ATM in 2022 than the past two years. I don't even vaguely see it. I doubt Vegas will either.

over / under last year was 9.5. could see that falling to 8.5 next year. 

49 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don’t think Max is anything special, but he’s better than King and a true freshman Weigman 

It will be King or Johnson to start the season. Either way, Jimbo is going to have to figure out a way to score a lot more next season and neither of those guys are it. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It will be King or Johnson to start the season. Either way, Jimbo is going to have to figure out a way to score a lot more next season and neither of those guys are it. 

last season max johnson completed 60% of his passes, threw for almost 3,000 yards and had a 27:6 td/int ratio in the middle of a dumpster fire of an offense. i think at worst he's a middle of the road p5 qb, which is far ahead of what we threw out there last year. 

there's a hell of a lot more potential in that qb room than there was a year ago. still needs to be way more efficient. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, bizzle said:

last season max johnson completed 60% of his passes, threw for almost 3,000 yards and had a 27:6 td/int ratio in the middle of a dumpster fire of an offense. i think at worst he's a middle of the road p5 qb, which is far ahead of what we threw out there last year. 

there's a hell of a lot more potential in that qb room than there was a year ago. still needs to be way more efficient. 

WR’s caught 26 of those TD’s. How good will he be in an offense that doesn’t allow him to throw to those guys?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Holy shit they copy burnt ends but looch is taking a fucking cut L O L!!!!! 25% is worse than opendorse!!!!

Not only that, but they require you to have a Texags subscription to participate. I'm assuming that's $9.95? So it costs you $10/month plus 25%. Fucking Looch is a genius. 

Stacked requires a base TexAgs subscription.

19 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

TWELVE more? damn.

19 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Also, if you look at that SEC rant thread there's a breakdown of the roster based on classification.

Damn, aggy is going to be young as fuck next season. Only 32 upperclassmen scholarship players and several of those are still going to leave for the NFL or get processed. 

Will the NCAA even allow them to play? I’m sure there’s a rule requiring minimum upper classmen. Certainly against the Wake Forest juggernauts of the world.

6 hours ago, Fud said:

I said this a few pages back but the interesting dynamic with all these 5 stars is they will want to play in year 1. If not they will transfer. 

Beyond the scholarship numbers, I don’t think aggy is really in a position to take a bunch of transfers and play them over the talented FR. Based on how Liucci is framing things I think aggy is definitely gonna roll with the “we are very talented but young” rebuild narrative these next couple of years. 

Let’s see how aggy feels about some more 8-4 seasons. 

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I agree with bizzle. Max Johnson will be decent to good. Definitely an upgrade over Calzada. 

There is a lot of recency bias with Max Johnson because of the ending against aggy. People forget that Johnson was benched late in the season because he was awful against Ole miss, Alabama and Arkansas. 

I think he's definitely an upgrade over Calzada and probably King. Although I'm not sure it's a huge upgrade over King. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Holy shit they copy burnt ends but looch is taking a fucking cut L O L!!!!! 25% is worse than opendorse!!!!

Yeah, somehow the subscribers haven't connected the dots that this is an "add-on" fee to their existing subscription they already are paying looch. So via NIL looch makes more money and his job gets easier being able to pay players some money to have to talk with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

Howdy Ags!

Just moments ago we launched the next phase of our NIL strategy in the form of a subscription product called Stacked. Stacked will allow Aggie fans to subscribe to content we create in partnership with current A&M athletes. Think: what we did this past fall, but instead of finding companies to sponsor athlete content, you - the TexAgs subscriber - will have the opportunity to fund NIL content too.

Contribute $10, $25, or $100 monthly or $100, $250, or $1,000 annually (your choice) and gain access to athlete content behind the Stacked paywall. Subscribe at the $25 or $100 level and receive some cool merch or some cool signed merch (respectively).

Like our recent NIL efforts, current athletes will be compensated for their time and the use of their name, image, and/or likeness through talent agreements that we negotiate and submit to compliance. Our goal with Stacked is to maximize the amount of money athletes share while doing so in a financially and organizationally sustainable way. With that in mind, our initial commitment for 2022 will be to pay out to athletes at least 75% of what we bring in. The amount TexAgs retains will be used to administer the Stacked service and produce awesome, compelling content.

We intend to engage Aggie athletes across all sports and will ramp up to do that as we understand the fan demand. Also know that there will still be some NIL content made available to premium subscribers and free users, but the paywall is important because we are making a service to which we believe Aggies will truly want to subscribe.

For more details about Stacked and how to get started today, check out our Stacked subscribe and about pages in the new Stacked section here on TexAgs. Please note that when you subscribe, your current TexAgs subscription will restart so that both it and your new Stacked subscription are in sync. You will be automatically credited for anytime remaining on your current subscription.

One last thing, why the name Stacked? Because we believe Stacked best captures this new TexAgs effort: to build a solid, sustainable, and successful NIL service, that when combined with all the other strengths of the maroon & white, stacks the deck in our favor. Now let's go!!

Gig'Em,

Brandon

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Howdy Ags!

Just moments ago we launched the next phase of our NIL strategy in the form of a subscription product called Stacked. Stacked will allow Aggie fans to subscribe to content we create in partnership with current A&M athletes. Think: what we did this past fall, but instead of finding companies to sponsor athlete content, you - the TexAgs subscriber - will have the opportunity to fund NIL content too.

Contribute $10, $25, or $100 monthly or $100, $250, or $1,000 annually (your choice) and gain access to athlete content behind the Stacked paywall. Subscribe at the $25 or $100 level and receive some cool merch or some cool signed merch (respectively).

Like our recent NIL efforts, current athletes will be compensated for their time and the use of their name, image, and/or likeness through talent agreements that we negotiate and submit to compliance. Our goal with Stacked is to maximize the amount of money athletes share while doing so in a financially and organizationally sustainable way. With that in mind, our initial commitment for 2022 will be to pay out to athletes at least 75% of what we bring in. The amount TexAgs retains will be used to administer the Stacked service and produce awesome, compelling content.

We intend to engage Aggie athletes across all sports and will ramp up to do that as we understand the fan demand. Also know that there will still be some NIL content made available to premium subscribers and free users, but the paywall is important because we are making a service to which we believe Aggies will truly want to subscribe.

For more details about Stacked and how to get started today, check out our Stacked subscribe and about pages in the new Stacked section here on TexAgs. Please note that when you subscribe, your current TexAgs subscription will restart so that both it and your new Stacked subscription are in sync. You will be automatically credited for anytime remaining on your current subscription.

One last thing, why the name Stacked? Because we believe Stacked best captures this new TexAgs effort: to build a solid, sustainable, and successful NIL service, that when combined with all the other strengths of the maroon & white, stacks the deck in our favor. Now let's go!!

Gig'Em,

Brandon

Truly adorable. And you know those morons are going to go for it too. Looch isn’t even hyping it up cause he knows he will get blasted for copying burnt ends and scamming his subs

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Truly adorable. And you know those morons are going to go for it too. Looch isn’t even hyping it up cause he knows he will get blasted for copying burnt ends and scamming his subs

They will also use point to this when it comes out that their croots are getting 100k each. Even though this will only generate a couple grand per player every couple of years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Jimbo appears to be going the Clemson route which is predicated on having a Defensive line that has 8-10 NFL caliber players rotating in and out while scoring on long efficient drives on offense. The second part of that equation is having a top 3 D Coordinator pass over promotion after promotion to stay with your program which Clemson was able to do for 5 years before they actually won in the playoffs. A&M got close to this with Elko but he jumped at the first P5 opportunity that he was offered even though it was a basketball school.

The next part of the equation was Clemson finding a future NFL QB to carry their stale outdated offense through a full CFB season. They were able to do this once by hitting on a high 4 star QB in Watson and sustained this success with the highest rated QB (at the time) since Vince. A&M on the other hand has gone all in on Weigman who right now is the 2nd highest rated QB behind fellow Texan Cade Klubnik (3rd if you count former 2022 Quinn Ewers) and as of this it remains to be seen if he is a trure NFL talent or just another failed dual threat in Jimbos history of pocket passing conversions.