Colt McCoy named #1 QB on Redskins First Unofficial Depth Chart

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

I was in my 20’s living in Dallas so I remember it pretty well.  The story is well documented , Jerry and Jimmy meeting at a Mexican restaurant, not trying to hide the interview at all. 

I agree, the Cowboys were reeling, though Jimmys first team went 1-15 and in a pre-free agency, era, supplemental draft eligible stars (top players actually went to that other league??) , and a once in a lifetime trade with the Vikings all helped create an environment to success. Would Landry have been able to navigate the swashbuckling style, probably not. But the way he was dumped was in poor form, and could have /should have been handled much better. As some have mentioned, he was a Texas legend , so perhaps that played a part.....so yes , eff Jerry.  

Oh I agree Jerry could have did it in a different manner. But the move itself had to be done. In fact, many wanted it done years before. My dad disowned the Cowboys when that happened and then ironically became a fan of the team who broke his heart in The Catch game. Not sure why he picked them. 

I wish Jerry would do the same to the fucking carrot top coach we have now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elguapo said:

Assuming that Trent Williams is playing for them this season.

Oh yeah of course, although they have really done a good job shoring up the rest of their usual Swiss cheese line

. If he bolts, they'll only semi suck, as opposed to full out suckage the last oh what seven or eight years.

36 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Oh yeah of course, although they have really done a good job shoring up the rest of their usual Swiss cheese line

. If he bolts, they'll only semi suck, as opposed to full out suckage the last oh what seven or eight years.

The line is no longer wretched, but without Williams it will be average, at the best.  Additionally, the team doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to, unless Jordan Reed magically gets better.  If Colt succeeds, awesome, but I'd be shocked.  I suspect that he may be near the end of the line, tbh.  Hopefully he's able to wrangle some more money out of Snyder before he comes home.

I know y'all are Cowboy fans here and don't care, but honestly Snyder is really more interested in his next stadium.  That's the game here.  Colt won't be part of that future. 

Edited by Bateshorn

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I know y'all are Cowboy fans here and don't care, but honestly Snyder is really more interested in his next stadium.  That's the game here.  Colt won't be part of that future. 

I grew up in DC and unfortunately I'm a Redskins fan no matter how much I don't want to be. At least I had the 1980s, and Vince Lombardi.  And George Allen kinda sorta.

But yes, I have to root for them because my DNA is hardwired. FML.

Edited by phdhorn

Is there a way without the usual money-intensive models, to watch a one-off NFL preseason game?  I don't have the usual NFL bullshit packages but is there someway I can just pay $10 to watch a preseason game?  Thanks!  

Landry needed to be fired. Where Jerry was the cocksucking roach was waiting to put Landry and Schramm in until they were deceased was the ultimate bitchass move.

Snyder sucks more than Jones as an owner but solely because he is younger and will be a plague on the team longer. The idea that Jones is smarter and what not is laughable.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can’t even practice, you can’t play. Article from last week pretty much clinched he was out of the running, perhaps for several weeks.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/18/colt-mccoys-leg-still-isnt-right-it-might-have-cost-him-chance-win-redskins-qb-job/

Colt McCoy looked forlorn as he packed up to leave the Washington Redskins’ locker room Sunday afternoon. He pulled a backpack over his shoulder and limped toward the door.

“There are some things going on that aren’t just right,” he said.

By this time, McCoy was supposed to be in the middle of a three-man competition to be Washington’s starting quarterback. Given the way he looked early in training camp and the fact he knows Coach Jay Gruden’s offense far better than Case Keenum or Dwayne Haskins — the two players he is fighting for the job — he appeared to have a good chance of winning the battle.

But the right leg that was supposed to have healed after three offseason surgeries is hurting again, forcing McCoy to miss the team’s first two preseason games. After Thursday’s second preseason game, Gruden said “starting isn’t even in the equation now” when asked about McCoy, adding that the quarterback has to get healthy. After McCoy didn’t practice Sunday, Gruden sounded even more dire, saying McCoy might miss the last two preseason games and possibly more.

• 1 month later...

Met Sean McVay at a family wedding and talked football for a half a minute, he said Colt was one of his favorite guys. A genuine good guy. Would love to see him get into the coaching game at a young age like McVay.

But first maybe a resurgence as a starting NFL QB!

• Like 1

This whole thing doesn't sit right with me. I am thrilled for Colt. He is one of my all time favorite longhorns. However, he is now in position to potentially save the job of a coach who has mismanaged his injuries and risked his longterm health.  

Also, I have never cared about Haskins, but it looks like he is getting Jeff Fishered by Gruden. Haskins is by no means VY talented, but that still sucks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Good for Colt but that team is a fucking dumpster fire. How soon after the loss is Gruden going to be fired?

Snyder is the real cancer. You can keep bringing in whatever coaches they want but Snyder has turned them in a fucking dump.

How big of a name was McVay when he was with the Skins? Wondering why they didn't try to retain him as coach when he was their OC. But that is hindsight and don't know if anyone thought he'd have this much success this early.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

So are the Redskins just basically throwing Colt out there to be a sacrificial lamb and/or scapegoat?

Sacrificial lamb, I reckon. The Patriots have given up 27 points though 4 contests, Washington is a shit show who isn't drawing enough negative attention because everyone is fixated on Miami. Colt hasn't been the same player since James Harrison cleaned his clock, he never seems comfortable in the pocket following that vicious hit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

So are the Redskins just basically throwing Colt out there to be a sacrificial lamb and/or scapegoat?

Colt’s body doesn’t hold up well against NFL-level violence. When I heard that he was not just activated, but immediately going to start, I thought... “that’s not good”...

...and I didn’t even know the opponent. 

Perhaps they are protecting Haskins from being destroyed by The Pats. Let Colt get killed and then bring in Haskins for a physically destroyed Colt in Week 6. 

I do not foresee things going well this week. 

Perhaps they are protecting Haskins from being destroyed by The Pats. Let Colt get killed and then bring in Haskins for a physically destroyed Colt in Week 6. 
I do not foresee things going well this week. 

Pretty sure this is the case. Fuck it. I hope Colt lights those fuckers up.

• Like 1