Texas Women's Soccer

Js1

• 3 weeks later...

US U20 team plays tomorrow on fox sports 2. Two Texas players on team.

U.S. U-20 WOMEN’S YOUTH NATIONAL TEAM 2022 SUD LADIES CUP ROSTER BY POSITION (COLLEGE OR CLUB; HOMETOWN)

GOALKEEPERS (2): Mia Justus (Florida State; Lakewood, Ohio), Neeku Purcell (OL Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.)                                                           

DEFENDERS (8): Lauren Flynn (Florida State; Arlington, Va.), Emily Mason (Rutgers; Flemington, N.J.), Aidan McConnell (Wisconsin; Dexter, Mich.), Makenna Morris (Clemson; Germantown, Md.), Ayo Oke (California; Lawrenceville, Ga.), Lilly Reale (UCLA; Hingham, Mass.), Laney Rouse (Virginia; Cary, N.C.), Evelyn Shores (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.)                        

MIDFIELDERS (7): Korbin Albert (Notre Dame; Grayslake, Ill.), Emily Colton (UNC; Carlsbad, Calif.), Talia DellaPeruta (UNC; Cumming, Ga.), Carina Lageyre (Florida United; Cooper City, Fla.), Sally Menti (Santa Clara; Seattle, Wash.), Alexis Missimo (Texas; Southlake, Texas), Olivia Moultrie (Portland Thorns; Wilsonville, Ore.)                                                

FORWARDS (7): Trinity Byars (Texas; Richardson, Texas); Michelle Cooper (Duke; Clarkston, Mich.); Simone Jackson (USC; Redondo Beach, Calif.), Andrea Kitahata (Stanford; Hillsborough, Calif.), Avery Patterson (UNC; Jacksonville, Fla.), Ally Sentnor (UNC; Hanson, Mass.), Jaedyn Shaw (Washington Spirit; Frisco, Texas)

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas is picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12

TCU leads with 78 points and 7 first place votes
Texas got 66 points and 1 first place vote
West Virginia third with 60 points and 1 first place vote
Tech
OSU
OU (with a first place vote)
Baylor
KU
ISU
KSU

Only went to one match last season with the girls and showed up right at the start.  

What time do the gates at Myers open up usually?  Wanna take them to UNC tomorrow---obviously?  Wanna get them in there (they're young), watch warmups, get 'em their snacks and pottie breaks so we can watch first half comfortably then get 'em home for bed?  THANKS AND HOOK EM

On 8/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, YGIFS said:

Only went to one match last season with the girls and showed up right at the start.  

What time do the gates at Myers open up usually?  Wanna take them to UNC tomorrow---obviously?  Wanna get them in there (they're young), watch warmups, get 'em their snacks and pottie breaks so we can watch first half comfortably then get 'em home for bed?  THANKS AND HOOK EM

• Hook 'Em 1

A UNC goal has felt inevitable for the first 45 minutes with all of their close range opportunities and dominant possession. Somehow still 0-0 at halftime. Texas has had a couple of opportunities on counter attacks but thats about it. The middles for UNC are probably the best in the nation from what I see. They control passes and possess beautifully 

Edited by perfectchaos007

Upon talking to him again, it's just a figurative relationship.  Based on a simile.  I need more foundational relationships in my life.  Metaphorically speaking, of course. 

But I really did once get out of a massive jam in Costa Rica.  Like I coulda died in their prison system had it not been for this guy.

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't follow soccer but how are we ranked #23 in the country? 

No idea. Maybe the cream of the  rop is really good and everyone else is just meh 

we won tonight 2-1. Now a sizzling  4-1-1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

No idea. Maybe the cream of the  rop is really good and everyone else is just meh 

we won tonight 2-1. Now a sizzling  4-1-1

I looked at the records of teams in the top 25 and it makes sense. 

WV is 3-1-2

Auburn is 3-0-3

Georgetown is 2-1-3

Ohio State 3-1-1

I guess there aren't many great teams. 

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This has to be the year that Kelly gets told to pack her shit and head elsewhere, right? It's unbelievable to me that she is allowed to loiter. 

Yes. She was not given an extension and is in the last year of her contract I believe. CDC did the same thing to Clark. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Certainly, Del Conte won't extend Kelly until he sees NCAA tournament results? I was looking at the schedule and it's a joke how bad this schedule is. Texas could end up a top 15 team due to how weak the schedule is. 

How many of these games will Texas not be favored in? 

UTRGV 2-4

Texas Southern 0-4

UCF 2-1-2

AT TCU 4-2-1

AT Texas Tech 2-2-3

Baylor 2-3-2

Kansas State 2-3-1

Kansas 5-2

AT West Virginia 3-2-2

AT Iowa State 2-3-1

AT Oklahoma State 4-1-1

Oklahoma 2-2-2

Edited by Rickylovesweed

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Certainly, Del Conte won't extend Kelly until he sees NCAA tournament results? I was looking at the schedule and it's a joke how bad this schedule is. Texas could end up a top 15 team due to how weak the schedule is. 

How many of these games will Texas not be favored in? 

UTRGV 2-4

Texas Southern 0-4

UCF 2-1-2

AT TCU 4-2-1

AT Texas Tech 2-2-3

Baylor 2-3-2

Kansas State 2-3-1

Kansas 5-2

AT West Virginia 3-2-2

AT Iowa State 2-3-1

AT Oklahoma State 4-1-1

Oklahoma 2-2-2

TCU, OSU, maybe WV.   But it's Kelly, she fucking sucks and we are going to lose matches 0-1 or draw 1-1 against some of the crappier teams.  It's just the way it is.  

She'd have to make a real run to even get an extension, and maybe only a one year at that?  

CDC seems to be more of a "you're not being renewed/you're being dismissed" versus a "you're fired" kinda guy for non-football jobs.  Aston was dismissed in the last year of her contract.  Clark "resigned/retired" but was also in the last year of her contract - that felt like CDC giving the only softball coach in our history the chance to step down on her own terms before he had to dismiss her.  Shaka was given the chance to find a new job first. 

On 9/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

2-2 draw today against UCF. Conference play begins Thursday. Last year Texas went undefeated in Big12 play and still didn't win the conference title, so we need a win or a draw against TCU on Thursday to stay in the hunt. 

We are 69th in RPI. Matches that help us:

TCU 19

OSU 42

Kansas 64

I just don’t see a path without a Big 12 title or going unbeaten with a W over TCU and OSU. 

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

1-1 Final. I guess there's no overtime this year. 

Yep

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel during a virtual meeting Wednesday approved changes to overtime rules in men's and women's soccer for both the regular season and the postseason, effective for the 2022 season.

For the regular season, overtime has been eliminated, meaning if a game is tied after the regulation 90 minutes, it will end in a tie. Previously, teams played two 10-minute overtime periods in a sudden-victory (golden goal) format, and if neither team scored, the game ended in a tie. 

In conference tournaments and NCAA postseason games, the sudden-victory component has been eliminated, and teams will play two 10-minute overtime periods instead. Also, when a substitution is made by the winning team in the last five minutes of the second overtime, the game clock will stop.

If the game remains tied, a penalty-kick shootout will be held to determine the winner.

If Missimo is out for a significant amount of time (ankle injury in the first half), I do not have high hopes for making the tournament.  We need her. 

@ Tech on Sunday
Baylor on the 30th

Luckily we don't have Kansas until October 9 and WV until October 13.  Hope she's back by then. 

When looking at RPI, the only bad result so far was the draw against Oregon. 

Why does Kelly schedule this way knowing the Big 12 is horrible? A couple more draws against top 50 teams (like TCU and UCF) would likely have much more value than wins against UTRGV, Utah State, Texas Southern, and Lipscomb. Wouldn't you agree? I don't know enough about RPI.......

This looks like more of a scheduling problem than anything else.