ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

[mention=1238]Al_4_ISU[/mention] Who will the guest picker be for ISU? My girlfriend went to school there and she couldn't come up with anyone.

No one seems to have a consensus pick.

Stone Cold is a public fan of Matt Campbell. That’s who I want. It will probably be fucking Ashton Kutcher.

Actually, it will probably be Jason Momoa. He’s from suburban Des Moines.

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Stone Cold is a public fan of Matt Campbell. That’s who I want. It will probably be fucking Ashton Kutcher.

Yeah Momoa is the one name she did mention, but said he's neutral. Ashton Kutcher attended Iowa, right? I think they usually get a fan/alum of the home team.

56 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Ashton Kutcher if they can get him.  Probably have to settle for Riley Smith though.

2 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

I could see Kevin Costner with the Field of Dreams anniversary and MLB thing being announced.  It won't be Kutcher.  They know it'd rain full Busch Light cans on the stage if they trotted his dumb ass out there.

I'm in the Steve Austin camp with Al.

Can you imagine the reaction if Steve Austin goes on stage, chugs Busch Light, and picks the Clones?

Mercy

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

it should be cylone legend Kenny Pratt because of his antics vs the Des Moines Dragons 20 years ago

Image result for kenny pratt

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/fargo-s-pratt-arrested-in-uniform-after-fleeing-from-iba/article_4605af40-1281-5f6c-b4b5-317c9d08d7e8.html

Kenny Pratt was 6th grade Al's favorite player.  Dude was fucking nails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Dan Gable would make sense but could understand why it probably wouldn't be a good idea. Could be one of those weeks where it's just some sort of celeb that has no ties to the school. 

Inside the state it makes great sense. Dan always wears his ISU letter jacket and reps ISU wrestling while being one of the biggest Hawkeye legends ever.  He's really a dual fan/figure.

But that probably won't do it for ESPN.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

How did they fuck him over?  Not doubting you, just curious. 

My understanding was that he wanted the ISU wrestling job when it was open (he might have been an assistant at the time) and they didn't even give him a look.  I've also heard something about him being denied the budget to buy athletic tape or something like that.

He (justifiably) felt like he wasn't getting his due from his alma mater, and Iowa swooped in and offered him the job on the spot.

59 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My understanding was that he wanted the ISU wrestling job when it was open (he might have been an assistant at the time) and they didn't even give him a look.  I've also heard something about him being denied the budget to buy athletic tape or something like that.

He (justifiably) felt like he wasn't getting his due from his alma mater, and Iowa swooped in and offered him the job on the spot.

He was an asst. to Harold Nichols who won national titles in '65, '69, '70, '72, '73, & '77 to go along with seven Big 8 titles. Kind of hard to ask Nick to step down so Dan could take over.

5 minutes ago, Seneca Tinsley said:

He was an asst. to Harold Nichols who won national titles in '65, '69, '70, '72, '73, & '77 to go along with seven Big 8 titles. Kind of hard to ask Nick to step down so Dan could take over.

I was always under the impression that he was good waiting in the wings to take over for Nichols, but whoever the AD was at the time wasn't interested in that.