ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

16 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m surprised they still get people to go to this in person. When it was an hour it was one thing but it’s pretty boring to stand there and watch them film a tv show. Find a tailgate. 

Film? Are they out there with movie cameras?

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

after embarrassing himself so thoroughly does anyone give a shit what urb thinks?  aside from @Parliament and @WhatTheBuck

Don’t lump me in with Parliament. If you can’t distinguish between the two of us then that reflects poorly on you.

[Oh, and btw, I was tagged on this message but received no notification about it. I just happened to stumble across it. I saw some other thread where someone said they weren’t notified when they were tagged and I can attest that he was probably right.]

You don’t get to pretend that the vast majority in this community weren’t furiously masturbating over the sincere belief that Urban Meyer was going to be the savior of the Texas Longhorn program. That happened. We all saw it. This was the same community that seriously believed Nick Saban would leave his cushy seat in Tuscaloosa in order to engage in a rebuild in Austin. That was NEVER going to happen. But Texas fans determined that Max Brown must have been to blame for scuttling the deal. JFC. The arrogance and conceit. Saban was never ever ever in a million years going to leave Bama. Get over yourselves.

But back to Urban. He was never going there either, despite the fact that the overall sentiment in this community was that he was. They were certain. It might have even been reflected in the site motto.

But then he didn’t take the job when it was offered. And suddenly the attitude was that a bullet was dodged. You never really wanted him in the first place. No, Steve Sarkisian was the guy you really wanted all along!

Jesus, sports fan psychology is as simple as a children’s book:

Urban made a lot of money wasting a year of his time in the NFL. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t know football, it doesn’t mean he isn’t brilliant when commenting on it on FOX (and if you tune in and can’t see that then I’m sorry for you), and it doesn’t mean that anyone outside of Longhorn Nation can’t see that Texas has been trying for years to hire Meyer, Saban, or whatever assistant they think might be the next best thing, and now that includes the Pete Carroll tree. What you most hate about Urban is that he had success at schools not named Texas and because he rejected Texas when they offered him. You hate him but you desperately wanted him to be yours.

Maybe Sark will turn out to be the guy. Were you inspired by his comments about the Bama game? Did it sound like he wasn’t saying, ‘Pay no attention if they beat the hell out of us?’

But all of that aside. Urban’s contributions on FOX blow away anything you’re going to see on GameDay. Set your personal grievances aside and that shouldn’t even be a matter for debate. If you’re on campus on Saturday, do yourself a favor and go to the FOX set. Fuck GameDay.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

Howard is the one that needs to go.  He is a fucking room temperature IQ and puts nothing into prep.  He can't even recall his 'picks' without help from the graphics team.  Also they need to cut the THOTs.  They added a fucking peloton instructor to the show.  Why?  Also it needs to go back to 2 hours.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We all know Gameday sucks, but so does Miller Lite, but that hasn't stopped me from drinking 12 of them out of wax cups at 8am at the Fair Grounds.  When it comes to game day routines, we don't question the quality of it's parts, we just embrace them for what they are.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Assman said:

We all know Gameday sucks, but so does Miller Lite, but that hasn't stopped me from drinking 12 of them out of wax cups at 8am at the Fair Grounds.  When it comes to game day routines, we don't question the quality of it's parts, we just embrace them for what they are.

giphy.gif

image.png.5cd77feb2b192e8a88ce6fa0148e3436.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Look, it’s “cool” and part of the in-group to make fun of Desmond and his stupidity, but if you think he’s stupid I can only imagine how you feel about David Pollock.  Jesus, he tries WAY too hard. 

College Gameday needs an overhaul, and they need to start by forcing Corso to retire.  You can’t repl;ace him with Pollock, though. You can’t have 2 dumbasses on the set at the same time (Pollock and Desmond)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Look, it’s “cool” and part of the in-group to make fun of Desmond and his stupidity, but if you think he’s stupid I can only imagine how you feel about David Pollock.  Jesus, he tries WAY too hard. 

College Gameday needs an overhaul, and they need to start by forcing Corso to retire.  You can’t repl;ace him with Pollock, though. You can’t have 2 dumbasses on the set at the same time (Pollock and Desmond)

Corso is a huge liability at this point. They spend half the show masking his health status. Desmond is a complete moron, he can't possibly believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Herbie, Fowler, McAfee, and Troy Aikman would be pretty great. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Corso is a huge liability at this point. They spend half the show masking his health status. Desmond is a complete moron, he can't possibly believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Herbie, Fowler, McAfee, and Troy Aikman would be pretty great. 

McAfee is the clown-like presence Disney is looking for once they stop needlessly rolling out Corso. I don't know what the delay on the broadcast is, I assume it's 3 or 5-seconds. I fear they'll need it if Corso isn't gone soon as it would take "uncomfortable" to a new level have him stroke out on the air. 

There really isn't much more to say about Howard. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

mdleast and I like to play a game when watching Gameday. When whichever local establishment brings out the local food that the rest of the crew digs in on, watch Pollock's response. He never touches the food. mdleast said he saw a feature where Pollock talked about how much weight he lost and how he doesn't let his kids have sweets. He's so food adverse that you can watch him actively look away from the food when it's brought out. Like he has to steel himself to not eat anything.  

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

mdleast and I like to play a game when watching Gameday. When whichever local establishment brings out the local food that the rest of the crew digs in on, watch Pollock's response. He never touches the food. mdleast said he saw a feature where Pollock talked about how much weight he lost and how he doesn't let his kids have sweets. He's so food adverse that you can watch him actively look away from the food when it's brought out. Like he has to steel himself to not eat anything.  

Right, but what's the game you and mdleast play?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

She has no ties to either program. We're not playing LSU. Come on man, you know it's McConaughey. 

08b589fcb6f8702ddf3591b6ac94b8f1.gif

Saw a video with fowler on YT where he confirmed it wasn’t McConaughey because he’s oot.  Said he would probably do a promo but wouldn’t be the picker.  Take that for what it’s worth.   Im sure it isn’t Britney though.