ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

Corso is 87 and I understand the stroke etc…they’ll keep putting him on the show until he decides he can no longer do it or he can’t physically do it. 

Edited by Nicole44
I know he struggles at times but I like him and it’s a sensitive subject for me as I have an aunt with early onset dementia that is in a home and would love to be struggling like that instead of having zero memory
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Corso is 87 and I understand the stroke etc…they’ll keep putting him on the show until he decides he can no longer do it or he can’t physically do it. 

I empathize with you, thinking of my late father and his relentless five-year decline into the abyss following a cerebral aneurysm. I just really have no desire to witness Lee Corso’s struggles. I guess I’ll follow one of the above posters who recommends Fox’s show. I’ll have to overcome my aversion to all things Fox. Must admit Fox coverage of Texas-Bama was superior to CBS and ESPN.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m still flipping between Game Day and Big Noon Kickoff, but the majority of the time (and increasing weekly) is going to Big Noon Kickoff..

Also, I am OK with Corso sticking around as long as possible. They should bring him back when he is capable and get rid of that idiot Desmond Howard.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/1/2022 at 8:30 AM, Longboard Horn said:

And that's why I watch Big Noon Kickoff. The Fox show is so much better. Gameday is about to become the second tier show. It's like the 90s Monday night wars again where Big Noon is WCW and ESPN is WWF. 

Nah man, that means that Big Noon is a big deal for a couple of years and then ESPN buys them when they're slipping.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Fairly easy decision IMO. When was the last time they had a good excuse to go to Knoxville? And this time the rivalry game has actual meaning and Tennessee has a real chance to win it. 

Yeah it should be a great game. If Alabama lost, they probably go to Ann Arbor 

On 10/8/2022 at 9:32 AM, Wishbone said:

I’m still flipping between Game Day and Big Noon Kickoff, but the majority of the time (and increasing weekly) is going to Big Noon Kickoff..

Also, I am OK with Corso sticking around as long as possible. They should bring him back when he is capable and get rid of that idiot Desmond Howard.

The few times I checked in with Big Noon, they seem to have more fun with it. You wouldn't think so with the cast but they seem more relaxed. When Woodson was on he gave Urban all kinds of shit. And Urban took it with a good smile and got a few cheap shots in. Meanwhile ESPN is too busy getting you to cry and propping up the shitty Bear to have fun. And they definitely have the wrong Michigan man.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:32 AM, Wishbone said:

ESPN should give Des the Booger McFarland treatment after that aggy national championship pick. 

I want to see Corso come back. He usually does pretty well if Herbstreit helps him through his take. 

Has anybody bet with the Bear? The dude seems to get it wrong quite frequently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

The few times I checked in with Big Noon, they seem to have more fun with it. You wouldn't think so with the cast but they seem more relaxed. When Woodson was on he gave Urban all kinds of shit. And Urban took it with a good smile and got a few cheap shots in. Meanwhile ESPN is too busy getting you to cry and propping up the shitty Bear to have fun. And they definitely have the wrong Michigan man.

There is also a lot more “football knowledge” with Big Noon’s crew

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

How does the board feel about Deon? He seemed really likable in the interview.

I think he could do anything at his point in his life that he wants to and chose to coach there. To me that makes him awesome in my book. Giving back. Hell if I had the career he had I’d be on an island chilling out. Guy gives back. He’s not perfect and none of us are but he was sorely needed where he is and he’s thriving and they are. That’s awesome. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think he could do anything at his point in his life that he wants to and chose to coach there. To me that makes him awesome in my book. Giving back. Hell if I had the career he had I’d be on an island chilling out. Guy gives back. He’s not perfect and none of us are but he was sorely needed where he is and he’s thriving and they are. That’s awesome. 

I appreciated his candor when talking about how he will handle it when other programs come calling. I will be very interested to see where he goes if he leaves and if he will be successful at a P5 program.

• Hook 'Em 1