ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

My 1st grade son had a college day at his school yesterday, and we started talking about rivalries for the first time.  I explained to him why kids at his school who like OU, aggy, Nebraska, Baylor, Tech, etc might all do the hookem down when he does it up. 

He asked why they don't just do their own school hand sign, which I told him was a good question, and explained that it shows that fans of those schools are more excited to dislike Texas than to like their own school.  He said that's weird, and I agreed and gave him a horns up.

Did you also explain to him the concept of OU sucks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

So this douche waffle in the middle is going to be a regular??? As if I needed any more reasons to never watch this shitshow again

Pat was a great addition.  You clearly aren’t in the demo so turn off your tube TV and mow the lawn.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Sorry but lawn has been mowed since 7 am. Been spraying for Virginia Buttonweed. Now what were we talking about?

Definitely not the demographic for Pat judging by that sentence for sure….  Are you army brat old or just a cringe head of the HOA 50 year old white guy?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I would cut my neighbor into 300 pieces if he mowed his lawn before 7 am.

What if he was using an Allis Chalmers 7010 w/a BushHog 3210?

Spoiler

Trick Question. You aren't my neighbor.

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Ton of shit looking games on today. Nothing of interest except Miami looking to down aggy further but it's on at the same time as us. 

BYU@Oregon at 230p might be ok.  Miami kick is an hour later than Texas so it might be possible to pick that game up live shortly after it's half.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

My 1st grade son had a college day at his school yesterday, and we started talking about rivalries for the first time.  I explained to him why kids at his school who like OU, aggy, Nebraska, Baylor, Tech, etc might all do the hookem down when he does it up. 

He asked why they don't just do their own school hand sign, which I told him was a good question, and explained that it shows that fans of those schools are more excited to dislike Texas than to like their own school.  He said that's weird, and I agreed and gave him a horns up.

13B45953-25C2-455C-B5CB-9BC7348D4500.jpeg.6666cc57174d188304666bb26d1ebac4.jpeg

• Like 1

They have a tough choice:

Florida at Tennessee would be a good crowd for the show, but nationally no one thinks either of them is "back"; and game is CBS

Duke at Kansas would be a bonkers crowd, but again wrong network (FS1) and football CGD doesn't like focusing much on hoops which would be impossible to avoid here. KU should beat Duke, which opens up the option of GameDay coming in for Iowa State, a likely ABC game the next week.

Clemson at Wake Forest ticks all the boxes. ABC game, Herbie doesn't have to travel (plus his son plays for Clemson), one actual CFP contender in the game. Minor subplot that WFU was GameDay's first COVID show, but fans were relegated to a drive-in theater down the street. ESPN could make it up to them with a live show.

I think the home network advantage wins out for Wake.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bartles said:

They have a tough choice:

Florida at Tennessee would be a good crowd for the show, but nationally no one thinks either of them is "back"; and game is CBS

Duke at Kansas would be a bonkers crowd, but again wrong network (FS1) and football CGD doesn't like focusing much on hoops which would be impossible to avoid here. KU should beat Duke, which opens up the option of GameDay coming in for Iowa State, a likely ABC game the next week.

Clemson at Wake Forest ticks all the boxes. ABC game, Herbie doesn't have to travel (plus his son plays for Clemson), one actual CFP contender in the game. Minor subplot that WFU was GameDay's first COVID show, but fans were relegated to a drive-in theater down the street. ESPN could make it up to them with a live show.

I think the home network advantage wins out for Wake.

Don’t believe network game is on has any bearing of Gameday sites, they were in Austin for Bama game that was a Fox broadcast. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, Hozz said:

I watch them both and Big Noon is just so much better.  Big Noon is made for college football fans.  Gameday is made for social media millennials.

Agreed. I like Rob Stone and Reggie Bush isn't so bad. Big Noon has better analyzation and I like that they do the show's intro at the beginning of each hour. Also, they actually have more guests and their guests actually attended the school or have an affiliation with it. L also like that they pack everyone close in by the set and that football stage. Only thing is I wish they went on the road more(when they first started they only went to "big time" games) and I wish more people brought signs. 

Look at last weekend. When both were in Austin, Big Noon absolutely kicked ESPN's ass. Same thing happened in 2018 at the State Fair. 

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Didn't care for the continued sidebar of schedules and other misc shit.

Thought Sonny Crockett was guest picking today, then I realized it was Pat Mc.

Corso...well outta of respect of the past I'll leave it as he needs to be put out to pasture.

FWIW that is only the ESPNU feed.  ESPN feed does not have that.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

No "Gameday" on Sling today....contract with Disney expired....I bet their phone will be off the hook.

It’s in Clemson anyway. Hard pass. They like go there all the damn time. I’ll end up watching Fox Big Noon kickoff anyway…Iowa City…UT game is on FS1 so they’ll talk about us a lot more regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s in Clemson anyway. Hard pass. They like go there all the damn time. I’ll end up watching Fox Big Noon kickoff anyway…Iowa City…UT game is on FS1 so they’ll talk about us a lot more regardless. 

Woke up this morning and all of my ESPN channels are gone. K-State vs Tech isn’t televised but I was hoping to watch a little bit of KU vs ISU. 

• Hook 'Em 1