Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

Just want to state 7-1 is chelseas worst ever champions league agg.

They also allowed like 19 goals in their 8 games, which is their most ever.

But yes, Chelsea, buy Timo, a terrible fit for your system and another midfielder. We are all laughing.

Edited by TexanTraveling
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hell making it our of the group stage this year was a win. I'm shocked after last summer we put together any sort of season with the amount of youth we are playing. Bayern is the national club team of Germany. I'd expect them to beat our youth seeing that 90% of the talent in the Bundesliga is sold to them from their feeder teams like Dortmund.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Hell making it our of the group stage this year was a win. I'm shocked after last summer we put together any sort of season with the amount of youth we are playing. Bayern is the national club team of Germany. I'd expect them to beat our youth seeing that 90% of the talent in the Bundesliga is sold to them from their feeder teams like Dortmund.

90% you say. Lewandowski is the only player on Bayern that came from Dortmund and shocker you have no idea what youre talking about, he came on a free.

Continue pushing that false narrative though, everyone loves to. If you want the Bundesliga to be more competitive, maybe you should complain to the clubs that keep letting their players leave rather than to the club that actually wants to be competitive internationally. 

Edited by TexanTraveling

90% you say. Lewandowski is the only player on Bayern that came from Dortmund and shocker you have no idea what youre talking about, he came on a free. Mueller came on a free. Neuer came on a free. Nubel came on a free.

Lets take a look at the current squad. Coman, Hernandez, Thiago, Boateng, Martinez, Pavard, Coutinho, Tolisso, Davies all came from outside the Bundesliga. Sule Cuissance, Goretzka Gnabry Kimmich and Neuer all came from within and at a very young age before they were stars. We bought Goretzka and Gnbary for a comninbed 8.5 million euros. 

So 90% right? We keep just waiting for superstars and taking them from all the poor old teams against there will. Why didnt we buy Havertz, or Timo, or Aubemayang, or Kevin De Brunye?

Continue pushing that false narrative though, everyone loves to. If you want the Bundesliga to be more competitive, maybe you should complain to the clubs that keep letting their players leave rather than to the club that actually wants to be competitive internationally. 

Uh oh, looks like I poked a bear.

I mean I just watch from my home, but this Frank guy might know more than both of us.

Frank

“It is worth discussing, at least from a solidarity point of view, that Bayern are now actively involved in the talent-poaching business with a turnover of three quarters of a billion euros.”

“It hurts us because we do all the work at the academy for them,” he added.

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

No no, that was on a free. There was not drama between Dortmund and Bayern on Lewandowski. That was all just a normal transfer...

I remember someone was saying that what Durant did by joining the Warriors had never happened in sports. I gave them Lewa to Bayern as an example.

18 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

Why dont you go look at who BVB has bought their players from....and smaller clubs buy their players from smaller divisions. It is all a vicious circle. 

Why don't you go look at how many transfers have occurred between Real Madrid and Barcelona, or the top 4 in the EPL (outside of aging stars like David Luiz).

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Why don't you go look at how many transfers have occurred between Real Madrid and Barcelona, or the top 4 in the EPL (outside of aging stars like David Luiz).

Ok, so where do Real and Barcelona get their players from? Where do the top 4 of the EPl get their players from? They poach the top talent of other leagues and their own. Bayern do it and were raping our own league? If those other teams want to be top 4, maybe the Bundesliga shouldnt sell their players or let them leave for free. Your issue shouldnt be with Bayern if you want the Bundesliga to be more cometitive. It should be with the teams that constantly sell our top young talent to England or let them go for free or for cheap to Bayern. 

We bought Kimmich from Stuttgart. We bought Sule from Hoffenheim. Neuer and Neubel were free. Gnabry came from Werder Bremen. These are middle of the pack teams. 

You want to use Real and Barcelona as examples of business models. Those teams are so ineptly managed because instead of finding young talent on the cheap, they go pay 165 million for Countino. Same with Real. Chelsea are trying to buy Havertz for 100 million. Bayern refuse to do this because its stupid. 

Edited by TexanTraveling

Ok, so where do Real and Barcelona get their players from? Where do the top 4 of the EPl get their players from? They poach the top talent of other leagues and their own. Bayern do it and were raping our own league? If those other teams want to be top 4, maybe the Bundesliga shouldnt sell their players or let them leave for free. Your issue shouldnt be with Bayern if you want the Bundesliga to be more cometitive. It should be with the teams that constantly sell our top young talent to England or let them go for free or for cheap to Bayern. 

We bought Kimmich from Stuttgart. We bought Sule from Hoffenheim. Neuer and Neubel were free. Gnabry came from Werder Bremen. These are middle of the pack teams. 

You want to use Real and Barcelona as examples of business models. Those teams are so ineptly managed because instead of finding young talent on the cheap, they go pay 165 million for Countino. Same with Real. Chelsea are trying to buy Havertz for 100 million. Bayern refuse to do this because its stupid. 

Madrid has pivoted back to youth system. Perez is big about galaticos but under Zidane at Castilla and then when he got promoted to the senior team, he’s been big on youth. Which is why the outlook on Madrid and Barca is different, Barca has gone the other way selling youth for superstars.

Madrid has been actively hunting 14-17yos to stick in Castilla oe send out on loans until they are ready. Thankfully Zidane has been adamant about that and gone away from 3 galaticos in and 5 youth sold every summer

Gdi I wish the other EPL teams would sell players to us...

Modric

Most of the players on Chelsea currently are from the Academy with some big purchases mixed in with only Kante being from another squad in the EPL. It's pretty fucking difficult to pull off any transfers in the league with up and coming players.

We also tend to not discuss other teams players that we are wishing to sign unlike Hasan Salihamidzic.

One QF per day for the next 4 days, starting with Atalanta - PSG today.  Any predictions?  Bayern is the deserved favorites and I like the Bayern - Barca winner to win it all.  Give me Atletico as the losing finalist.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

One QF per day for the next 4 days, starting with Atalanta - PSG today.  Any predictions?  Bayern is the deserved favorites and I like the Bayern - Barca winner to win it all.  Give me Atletico as the losing finalist.

Today will be interesting, PSG have a ton of injuries correct? I think either Bayern or Man City take it. 

City does have a good draw.  I guess it's just a combination of me thinking they'll choke again and generally not liking them.  And I thought I'd heard Bayern were the betting favorites but it looks like you're right that it's City.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why? I'll take City.

No defense. 

Bayern is the most dominant team in form.

"Bayern is the most fun team in Europe right now, and it's not particularly close. They've got skill, steel, speed, experience, a top class striker in excellent form, promising young players, the still excellent Lahm, basically all the parts. Their my favorites to win it all. I think they're better than everyone else. Will be interesting to see what happens when they go up against a well-drilled and tactical side, but they are must watch right now."

Edited by TexanTraveling

"Manchester City is the most dominate team in Europe right now, and it's not particularly close. They've got talent, grit, pace, maturity, a top class forward in fantastic form, promising youth, the still fantastic Silva, in general all the parts. Their my favorites to win it all. I think they're better than everayone else. Will be interesting to see what happens when they go up against a well-drilled and tactical side, but they are a can't miss right now."

-Abraham Lincoln

16 minutes ago, MoJames said:

"Manchester City is the most dominate team in Europe right now, and it's not particularly close. They've got talent, grit, pace, maturity, a top class forward in fantastic form, promising youth, the still fantastic Silva, in general all the parts. Their my favorites to win it all. I think they're better than everayone else. Will be interesting to see what happens when they go up against a well-drilled and tactical side, but they are a can't miss right now."

-Abraham Lincoln

7-1

26 minutes ago, MoJames said:

-Abraham Lincoln

--Michael Scott

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1