Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

City v. Lyon today at 2 pm.  final semifinal spot on the line.  would be like City to not get through, but they should roll.  

Something something Lyon is shitty. Something something City should win easily.

12 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

says the guy who cheers for a russian corrupt billionaire who funds his club....the irony of american epl fans knows no bounds

Dude we get you aren't over 2012 yet. It's okay, this is a safe space. 

6 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

didnt it take you 30 years to get back to the top, youre like arsenal with some recent wins

They're like a club that has a more recent European title than you and more all time, despite playing in a league that's actually competitive year over year.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

They're like a club that has a more recent European title than you and more all time, despite playing in a league that's actually competitive year over year.

that will change shortly wont it.....we have the double and are going for the triple....they are on vacation and so is your team

I'm rooting for Lyon. I can't root for English teams.

Plus, as I stated before in another thread (I think), I spent a night with my German cousin at one of the worst hotels of all-time in Lyon. We were on our way to the beach in France and stopped halfway. You could smell the smoke coming through the walls. There were ladies of the evening outside the hotel's parking lot. It was nasty, but for the awesome LED lighting in the shower. And, I drove by the Lyon stadium.

That's all I have for that, other than I don't root for English teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm rooting for Lyon. I can't root for English teams.

Plus, as I stated before in another thread (I think), I spent a night with my German cousin at one of the worst hotels of all-time in Lyon. We were on our way to the beach in France and stopped halfway. You could smell the smoke coming through the walls. There were ladies of the evening outside the hotel's parking lot. It was nasty, but for the awesome LED lighting in the shower. And, I drove by the Lyon stadium.

That's all I have for that, other than I don't root for English teams.

the english are an ibreed culture. sit on that island and reproduce with one another. americans who cheer for english teams are even worse.

19 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

that will change shortly wont it.....we have the double and are going for the triple....they are on vacation and so is your team

No one outside of Germany gives a fuck about your dogshit treble. Relevant teams in England barely care about the FA. Ask Klopp or Pep if they lose any sleep over FA exits. 

9 minutes ago, TexanTraveling said:

the english are an ibreed culture. sit on that island and reproduce with one another.

Okay mein furher 

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one outside of Germany gives a fuck about your dogshit treble. Relevant teams in England barely care about the FA. Ask Klopp or Pep if they lose any sleep over FA exits. 

Okay mein furher 

maybe yall dont give a crap about the treble because no one has one it since what man u 15ish years ago....its cute when you try

Edited by TexanTraveling
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexanTraveling said:

the english are an ibreed culture. sit on that island and reproduce with one another. americans who cheer for english teams are even worse.

You cheer for the largest club, in a relatively non competitive Germany, nicknamed FC Hollywood, while calling yourself a Texan in your handle. Maybe you should be cheering for FC Dallas. 

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You cheer for the largest club, in a relatively non competitive Germany, nicknamed FC Hollywood, while calling yourself a Texan in your handle. Maybe you should be cheering for FC Dallas. 

My German cousin's husband has a Phd in economics and one of his papers he wrote compared the non-competitive Bundesliga vs the NFL. There was a game last year where the five guys on the bench for Bayern had a combined salary exceeding all of Schalke. It's wrong and not in the competitive nature of sport and bad for the Budesliga. I only root for Bayern in international competition. Otherwise I actually root for Freiburg, because my German roots are in Baden-Baden, just up the road, and I root for Borussia Mönchengladbach because my Godson is captain of their U-19.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My German cousin's husband has a Phd in economics and one of his papers he wrote compared the non-competitive Bundesliga vs the NFL. There was a game last year where the five guys on the bench for Bayern had a combined salary exceeding all of Schalke. It's wrong and not in the competitive nature of sport and bad for the Budesliga. I only root for Bayern in international competition. Otherwise I actually root for Freiburg, because my German roots are in Baden-Baden, just up the road, and I root for Borussia Mönchengladbach because my Godson is captain of their U-19.

Bayern are not the issue. Bayern are trying to be competitive. Love hearing these EPL fans who cheer as foreign money pours into their soulless clubs as they buy up talent around the club. Look in the mirror before you throw stones. 

Edited by TexanTraveling
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexanTraveling said:

Bayern are not the issue. Bayern are trying to be competitive. Love hearing these EPL fans who cheer as foreign money pours into their soulless clubs as they buy up talent around the club. Look in the mirror before you throw stones.

I think that’s what everyone is trying to explain to you big guy...

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Outside of the right boot banana hook around 3 players onto Sterling’s foot. 

Yeah. He's something else. Probably one of the best 5 players in the world right now. 

Sterling needs to make his job a little easier in the 2nd half.

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Oh I get what you all are saying. But among my German family and friends Bayern is looked at very much like the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers. Teams with unlimited spending that chip away at the competitive nature of the league.

Most Germans hate Plastik Leipzig way worse than Bayern. Bayern has more resources than other clubs in the Buli, but they are still 50+1.  They get money whipped all the time by English clubs. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I can't speak for Germans other than ones I know or are related to.

Leipzig found a way to skirt the 50+1 rule and are essentially the only corporate owned team in the BuLi. Ultras regularly boycott their games so they don’t pay Red Bull any money. Bayern is FC Hollywood, but Leipzig is called plastic. Artificial. 

• Like 1

Just now, TXSG8R said:

Leipzig found a way to skirt the 50+1 rule and are essentially the only corporate owned team in the BuLi. Ultras regularly boycott their games so they don’t pay Red Bull any money. Bayern is FC Hollywood, but Leipzig is called plastic. Artificial. 

The boy just said that he does not like either team, Germans he feels are pretty equal in their disdain for those two teams but, he, like me, roots for them internationally.

Here's the result of a quick search on salaries. It's from Jan. 2018.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/01/17/football/1516210881_006124.html

Europe's top 20 biggest wage spenders

Team Country Wages1 Var.2 Income3 %4 Multiplier
1 Barcelona ESP 372 9% 620 (2) 60% 5.2
2 Man. United ENG 321 21% 689 (1) 47% 2.1
3 Real Madrid ESP 307 6% 620 (3) 49% 4.3
4 Chelsea ENG 298 5% 440 (8) 68% 1.9
5 Man. City ENG 294 6% 533 (6) 55% 1.9
6 PSG FRA 292 15% 542 (5) 54% 5.7
7 Liverpool ENG 281 30% 407 (9) 69% 1.8
8 Bayern GER 270 14% 592 (4) 46% 3.6
9 Arsenal ENG 263 5% 477 (7) 55% 1.7
10 Juventus ITA 221 12% 341 (10) 65% 3.2
11 Milán ITA 161 -2% 222 (15) 72% 2.4
12 Roma ITA 156 14% 219 (16) 71% 2.3
13 Dortmund GER 140 19% 285 (11) 49% 1.9
14 Tottenham ENG 140 -1% 281 (12) 50% 0.9
15 Atlético ESP 137 31% 229 (14) 60% 1.9
16 Wolfsburg GER 134 11% 236 (13) 57% 1.8
17 Everton ENG 128 27% 164 (25) 78% 0.8
18 Inter ITA 127 6% 202 (18) 63% 1.9
19 Aston Villa ENG 125 14% 147 (30) 85% 0.8
20 West Ham ENG 114 20% 194 (19) 59% 0.7

Source: UEFA (The European Club Footballing Landscape – Club Licensing Benchmarking Report)

1In millions of Euros.

2Percentage difference from previous year.

3Income in millions of Euros. In parenthesis, position based on income.

4Income difference from the year before.

5Multiplier of the average wage in their domestic league.