Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

Vader is obviously in it. Besides the breathing the fact Hayden has been attached to this for a long time the end music there moves away from Duel of the Fates. It’s the music from Obi Wan and Anakin’s duel.

Also with O’Shea in it they really need to work in another Bye Felicia. It can become his own Wilhelm Scream.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd be surprised if we get Maul.
I think this mostly takes place about 10 years before ANH.  That confrontation with Maul takes place like maybe 1-2 years before ANH.

There are other locations in the trailer. They could run across each other somewhere that’s not Tatooine.

3 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

So who is he talking to at the beginning?  Ahsoka?  Kanaan?  

What lines are you referring to?  If it is Kenobi’s voice over, those are from revenge. 

Kanaan doesn’t know he’s alive. Only Ezra knew. I’m not sure Ahsoka knew. 

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The production looks MILES better than Book of Boba Fett. The world actually looks fleshed-out and busy and lived-in, and not sterile and small like BoBF.

There's been tons of rumors that BoB got basically rewritten halfway through production and they dropped in Mando S3 story to pad out the season. I don't think we'll get a Gallery episode on it's production lol.

On the upshot, I'm hoping Obi Wan will be a return to form. I enjoyed Book of Boba because I'm a big huge star wars nerd, but it definitely has some story telling and world building flaws

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The production looks MILES better than Book of Boba Fett. The world actually looks fleshed-out and busy and lived-in, and not sterile and small like BoBF.

Mando and Boba have both had moments that felt like they could have been plopped into an actual Star Wars film, but also had their moments that looked like some SyFy shit (the space Vespas come to mind).

But that entire trailer looked like it could be a Star Wars film.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freyguy said:

any word if James Earl Jones will be lending his voice talent (yeah, he's 91), or should we expect some form of digitization, as with Luke from BoB?

I'd bet they do the audio version of a deepfake - get a voice actor that's pretty close and has a good cadence for delivery, and then post process it into the iconic Darth Vader voice. They've been aping Vader's voice in damn near all the games they put out and it's been good enough for me so far. It's helps that his voice has so much sound postprocessing 

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'd bet they do the audio version of a deepfake - get a voice actor that's pretty close and has a good cadence for delivery, and then post process it into the iconic Darth Vader voice. They've been aping Vader's voice in damn near all the games they put out and it's been good enough for me so far. It's helps that his voice has so much sound postprocessing 

Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

There are other locations in the trailer. They could run across each other somewhere that’s not Tatooine.

Maybe.

What we know about Maul is that he was still running Crimson Dawn during the events of Solo, which would be right around or maybe slightly after the events of Obi-wan, and then at some point (we don't know for sure) he crash lands on Malachor and is there for "years" before Ezra and Kanan find him there a few years before ANH.

So I think most likely he's running Crimson Dawn at this point. We'll see. :)

I just think the show is going to focus more on the Jedi purge and since the Maul stuff and his rivalry with Kenobi has been covered extensively elsewhere, I think there's less of a chance we'll see him. I think there's a decent chance we'll see a young Caleb Dune/Kanan though.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, XYZ said:

“Duel of the Fates” is the last memorable piece of music that Williams composed for Star Wars stuff. The music in all the movies that came after episode 1 is very unremarkable.

Battle of Heroes, also featured in this trailer, from Obi Wan and Anakin's fight in Episode 3 is pretty good too.

I really really hope Moses Ingram is awesome as Inquisitor Reva, or else it’s gonna really come across as one of these woke casting decisions like The Last Jedi. There have been awesome female characters all over Clone Wars and Rebels. Don’t fuck it up Disney!

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I really really hope Moses Ingram is awesome as Inquisitor Reva, or else it’s gonna really come across as one of these woke casting decisions like The Last Jedi. There have been awesome female characters all over Clone Wars and Rebels. Don’t fuck it up Disney!

Oh don't worry.

We can still blame Kathleen Kennedy for any parts of the Obi-Wan series that we don't like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Do you know how stupid you sound with “woke casting decisions?” It’s the laziest, stupidest criticism that exists today. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

What’s woke about it?

Well see if you have black people in Star Wars now it’s woke, like having Lando in Empire. 

To some people, having minorities and women play roles previously occupied by white men is considered “woke”. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well see if you have black people in Star Wars now it’s woke, like having Lando in Empire. 

To some people, having minorities and women play roles previously occupied by white men is considered “woke”. 

Rose was a chubby Asian too. WOKE! 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well that’s just dumb. There’s fucking aliens!  

2 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

I didn't care about the Asian part but that entire fucking storyline was a beating.  Her character sucked.

Yeah her character was awful and pointless. It wasn’t “woke casting” it was shit writing 

• Hook 'Em 2

It all sucked.  They got by with nostalgia in the first movie and the next 2 were terrible.  Casting was about #18 on the list of problems.  Not having a story line sketched out for all 3 movies was 1-17.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

It all sucked.  They got by with nostalgia in the first movie and the next 2 were terrible.  Casting was about #18 on the list of problems.  Not having a story line sketched out for all 3 movies was 1-17.

That series just crawled to a close. The last movie was basically held together with "Um, well I guess we could bring back Palpatine....?". Just a completely empty movie that I've only seen once. 

1 hour ago, Scary Stranger said:

I didn't care about the Asian part but that entire fucking storyline was a beating.  Her character sucked.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah her character was awful and pointless. It wasn’t “woke casting” it was shit writing 

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Casting for Mando and Boba has been great, and I have no reason to believe the casting for this will be a problem. Boba's problems were not the cast (even if you don't like the Vespa kids, they weren't the problem).  The nice thing about TV series is that there is enough room for a few crummy episodes and still have time to recover, but in the case of the sequel movies, it was all too easy to fuck up and not be able to recover.  

Obi benefits from having one director throughout, and she directed two really good episodes of Mandolorian.

Still want Bryce Dallas Howard to get a full series or a movie.

Still fucking weird as shit that Jon Favreau (Swingers), Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows), and Bryce Dallas Howard have given us some of the best Star Wars since the OT.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Oh don't worry.

We can still blame Kathleen Kennedy for any parts of the Obi-Wan series that we don't like.

I will beat that dead horse into the ground, but it was fully KK's fault for not having a coherent plan for the sequels.  Just three fucking movies, tell the first director and writers "Hey, let's make sure we have a story for all three before we start!"

She's running LucasFilm, just like Kevin Feige is running Marvel, same roles, and Feige had 10 years worth of movies mapped out in advance (he currently has like 15 movies mapped out over the next 6-7 years), and when it came time for the Star Wars sequels, Kathleen Kennedy didn't have anything mapped out beyond The Force Awakens. 

mlmlkx9pxma41.png

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Casting for Mando and Boba has been great, and I have no reason to believe the casting for this will be a problem. Boba's problems were not the cast (even if you don't like the Vespa kids, they weren't the problem).  The nice thing about TV series is that there is enough room for a few crummy episodes and still have time to recover, but in the case of the sequel movies, it was all too easy to fuck up and not be able to recover.  

Obi benefits from having one director throughout, and she directed two really good episodes of Mandolorian.

Still want Bryce Dallas Howard to get a full series or a movie.

Still fucking weird as shit that Jon Favreau (Swingers), Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows), and Bryce Dallas Howard have given us some of the best Star Wars since the OT.

I disagree here. Tem Morrison can’t act for shit. They were stuck with him after his appearance in Mando. Classic rock and a hard place situation. They couldn’t recast him, and we got what we got. 

Seconded on BDH getting a Star Wars vehicle to run. I think she’s going to be a great director if she isn’t already. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I disagree here. Tem Morrison can’t act for shit. They were stuck with him after his appearance in Mando. Classic rock and a hard place situation. They couldn’t recast him, and we got what we got. 

He was decent in Mando.  Plus we were going to get him no matter what, because fans wanted Jango.

The Inquisitors from Rebels: 

Star Wars: What Happened to the Imperial Inquisitors? | CBR

I believe 2 of them are female. Both the females wore full face masks 90% of the time. 

They could make them whatever race or gender they want if they can act and if the story/direction works. 

Frankly, I'm just happy the Inquisitors are involved. Further details in how Vader commands/interacts with them will be fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Love Duel of the Fates. I'm glad it survived despite the unpopularity of the prequels. I was a high school band nerd when Phantom Menace came out and had watched the original films only a few years earlier. I had the Phantom Menace soundtrack and listened to it constantly. This should be a good show.

• Hook 'Em 1