Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I throughly enjoyed Episode 3, but I have a question: 

Hide contents

Why didn’t Vader just kill Obi Wan? He had him dead to rights. 

I have a question: did Anakin’s junk melt off on Mustafar and if so does he have a bionic wiener?

• Haha 1

Incredible. The opening gave me chills,and the inquisitors don't seem all that bad when Vader is on the scene.

Fucking A ,  I loved that scene with him striding through the village torturing and murdering civilians just for having the gall to exist in his presence. 

Obi 1's horror as he realized what Anakin has become and what that means not only to himself but the entire galaxy. He is in te presence of ultimate evil.

Yea, I was erect the entire episode.

Edited by MissingInAction

8 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Reveal hidden contents

Minor quibble but it wasn’t very believable how Obi-Wan got away.  First of all, Vader would have never delegated his capture to Stormtroopers.  Secondly he could have just picked up Obi-Wan with the force and drug him thru to his side of the fire.

Vader knows that Obi-Wan won’t stay away from him for very long.  It’s not in his nature. 

59 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m two episodes in and it’s good. That opening scene at the Jedi Academy is as good as any moment in the last six main movies.

Haven’t read the thread because I’m an episode behind, but Reva is interesting. I still don’t really understand her motivations (she has a boner for Vader?) but we haven’t really had a hood gangsta character like her before. She could have been a character in The Wire.

I’m impressed given that Filoni isn’t involved at all.

I'm pretty sure we're seeing a little Reva in that opening scene. The age lines up pretty well too. It'd be interesting if she comes upon Obi Wan escaping the temple and he leaves Reva there to become what she is now. 

And since we know that she knows that Vader is Anakin, maybe we see Hayden kill some more younglings in a flashback? Lol who knows but the show runners certainly don't mind some violence. I didn't think I'd see a stormtrooper get sliced in two Jedi Outcast style

On 5/31/2022 at 3:48 PM, Captainant said:

Caught a neato nerd detail on my rewatch of ep2. When Haja (Kumail Nanjiani) was sending that mom and her son on their way... He was sending them to Corellia because the kid was force sensitive. They didn't say the kids name during the episode, but in the credits his name was listed as "Corran".

Corran Horn was an EU pilot in Rogue Squadron who was from Corellia and eventually was trained as a Jedi in Luke's new Jedi academy. 

Filoni plz

Holy shit.

Spoiler

On the wall in the tunnel, Valin Halcyon’s/Horn’s name is carved on it   That’s Corran’s dad, one of the EU ]edi survivors of Order 66.

Filoni indeed.  They are laying the groundwork for a future series that could be awesome as well.

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm pretty sure we're seeing a little Reva in that opening scene. The age lines up pretty well too. It'd be interesting if she comes upon Obi Wan escaping the temple and he leaves Reva there to become what she is now. 

And since we know that she knows that Vader is Anakin, maybe we see Hayden kill some more younglings in a flashback? Lol who knows but the show runners certainly don't mind some violence. I didn't think I'd see a stormtrooper get sliced in two Jedi Outcast style

Obi wan was off planet hunting Grevious. 

Questions:

Spoiler

Doesn’t their meeting kinda fuck up the duel in Ep 4?  Wasn’t that supposed to be the first time they’d seen each other since ROTS?  “When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.”

Spoiler

Vader had just put out the fire with the force when she shot the thing and re-ignited it. Why couldn’t he just put it out again and finish him off?  Nope, fire too hot. Can’t do what I just did 10 seconds ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

caught up...

i'm just an OG fan, i haven't watched any of the animated stuff (tried, just can't get into it) so i'm not as into all the canon as most of you guys...

but man this is a fun! i just fucking loved seeing Darth Vader, got chills like i did at the end of Rogue One. or Luke showing up on the Mandalorian when i was all 'ohmygodohmygodohmygod!' 😄

i love how dark Disney has made the Star Wars universe, it's made it better imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have enjoyed this series very much especially Ep3.  I did LMAO however, when Obi Wan was digging up his lightsaber in the desert with what appeared to be a standard issue military e-tool.

kenobi-part-1-1.webp

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Questions:

Hide contents

Doesn’t their meeting kinda fuck up the duel in Ep 4?  Wasn’t that supposed to be the first time they’d seen each other since ROTS?  “When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.”

Hide contents

Vader had just put out the fire with the force when she shot the thing and re-ignited it. Why couldn’t he just put it out again and finish him off?  Nope, fire too hot. Can’t do what I just did 10 seconds ago. 

Spoiler

They will duel again before the series ends.  Obi Wan will win, probably giving some cheese quote like “you still have a lot to learn” before leaving.  It appears extremely likely that Qui-Gonn will have some influence at some point.  My guess is that before/during their next duel Qui-Gonn shows up or at least talks to Ob-Wan and gives him a secret or at least a pep talk that helps him beat Vader.

48 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:
  Hide contents

They will duel again before the series ends.  Obi Wan will win, probably giving some cheese quote like “you still have a lot to learn” before leaving.  It appears extremely likely that Qui-Gonn will have some influence at some point.  My guess is that before/during their next duel Qui-Gonn shows up or at least talks to Ob-Wan and gives him a secret or at least a pep talk that helps him beat Vader.

Spoiler

Well he at least has to teach Ben how to become one with the force. CW explored it at bit - can quigon manifest as himself yet, or is he still just the lights and voice that yoda saw?

28 minutes ago, huge said:

Or maybe Quinlan Vos shows up to help him get his groove back.

Quinlan has always been a foil to Obi Wan, in the Clone Wars he was the maverick who broke rules left and right while Obi was mr rulebook. Eventually sacked up with Assaj Ventress, turned to the dark side for a while and came back to the light, doing LOADS of shit. Meanwhile Obi Wan is just doing whatever the council and Yoda tell him to do.

Really interesting character to weave back into the story, since Obi has teamed up with Quinlan previously to take on Cad Bane during TCW

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Questions:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

I had a similar thought regarding their meeting in A New Hope.    But we have had continuity issues before (Leia remembering her mom being sad).   I am sure there will be an explanation that works, from a certain point of view.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Nivek said:
  Hide contents

I had a similar thought regarding their meeting in A New Hope.    But we have had continuity issues before (Leia remembering her mom being sad).   I am sure there will be an explanation that works, from a certain point of view.

Iswydt

52 minutes ago, Nivek said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Probably means they kill her off (Leia's adopted mother) in this show. That would keep the continuity, but still have more memories than she lets on in ROTJ. 

I've always assumed that Leia thought the Organas were her real parents. In Luke's case he's being raised by his aunt and uncle so he knows that his parents are out of the picture. Interesting that they now have Leia knowing she was adopted. 

21 minutes ago, The Dog said:
  Hide contents

Probably means they kill her off (Leia's adopted mother) in this show. That would keep the continuity, but still have more memories than she lets on in ROTJ. 

I've always assumed that Leia thought the Organas were her real parents. In Luke's case he's being raised by his aunt and uncle so he knows that his parents are out of the picture. Interesting that they now have Leia knowing she was adopted. 

Does she know she’s adopted, or just that Bail isn’t her father?

7 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

She asked Obi Wan if he was her real father and if he knew her real mother. She knows.

I only heard her ask about her father when she was asking if Obi wan if he was her father. 

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

She asked Obi Wan if he was her real father and if he knew her real mother. She knows.

I was interested in his answer to her, as we already knew his tricky answer to Luke when he would later ask in ANH, "You knew my father?!?"

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

all the complaints about the vader stuff are kind tiresome to me.  he was playing with obi wan like a cat plays with a mouse. 

Fair enough, but it stands to reason that someone you fully  blamed for the loss of your world would be on the receiving end of some shock and awe punishment. He fucks up the people in the streets, but is just toying with Obi Wan?  

Doesn't add up, other than they have to continue the story.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Fair enough, but it stands to reason that someone you fully  blamed for the loss of your world would be on the receiving end of some shock and awe punishment. He fucks up the people in the streets, but is just toying with Obi Wan?  

Annie/Vader knows that Obi-Wan can't stay away from him now that he knows he's alive, and Annie/Palps is desperate to stamp out the remaining parts of the Jedi Order.  Those remaining parts would ostensibly be among the most dangerous if they've lasted this long.

Spoiler

Hard to watch this shit and pretend that Clone Wars Anakin/Vader suddenly forgot all the Jedi powers that he has. Hard to believe that Vader couldn't easily jump over the fire or force carry both the droid and Obi over the fire. 

Leia runs to the space port down a tunnel but Reva beats her to the space port in the same tunnel system? 

This shit is hard to watch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, crash_davis said:
  Hide contents

Hard to watch this shit and pretend that Clone Wars Anakin/Vader suddenly forgot all the Jedi powers that he has. Hard to believe that Vader couldn't easily jump over the fire or force carry both the droid and Obi over the fire. 

Leia runs to the space port down a tunnel but Reva beats her to the space port in the same tunnel system? 

This shit is hard to watch.

Spoiler

I wouldn't say suddenly lost his powers.  This is 10 years after order 66.   Also that tunnel that Leia went down, I agree the timeline is off on Reva beating her to the pilot.   My only guess is that Leia took the tunnel to remain off the surface, and the tunnel wasn't a direct path.  Reva took the surface route once she figured out they were going to the spaceport to escape, and the surface route was shorter.   Fuck, I don't know.   

27 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't say suddenly lost his powers.  This is 10 years after order 66.   Also that tunnel that Leia went down, I agree the timeline is off on Reva beating her to the pilot.   My only guess is that Leia took the tunnel to remain off the surface, and the tunnel wasn't a direct path.  Reva took the surface route once she figured out they were going to the spaceport to escape, and the surface route was shorter.   Fuck, I don't know.   

Same. I don’t think it ever showed her going in, just finding the entrance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Totallly adds up.  He doesn't care about anonymous rando to make them suffer.  Obi Wan made him suffer for presumably years.  This is personal.  And Obi Wan isn't really a threat to him.  also he may want him to lead him to his kids.

Edited by closetohumping

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same. I don’t think it ever showed her going in, just finding the entrance. 

That’s my belief too bc the Imp lady didn’t run into her either. Reva’s not an idiot, smart deduction it led to the spaceport 

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Totallly adds up.  He doesn't care about anonymous rando to make them suffer.  Obi Wan made him suffer for presumably years.  This is personal.  And Obi Wan isn't really a threat to him.  also he may want him to lead him to his kids.

why didn't he sense Leia in the general vicinity?

Not arguing.  It bugged me while watching.

They’re basically following The Dark Knight Rises storyline. Hero who’s been out of practice is reluctantly pulled back into the game only to get their ass whipped by the villain. So I’m guessing the rest of the series will be Kenobi regaining his force capabilities and either holding his own against Vader or straight up beating him but sparing his life in a rematch. I wonder how they’re gonna tie it up where Kenobi can return to Tattoine to watch over Luke without drawing Vader there. Maybe Kenobi somehow fakes his death?

Here’s my problem with Vader: He always lets the good guys get away. Rebels, the original trilogy, and now the Obi Wan series. We get it, he’s the most bad ass villain in the history of film, but actually killing a protagonist would be nice. 

I get it, he wanted Obi Wan to suffer as he suffered. Dramatic license/canon/continuity, but it’s irksome.

I guess he kind of killed Ahsoka. Killed Obi Wan who was looking to become a force ghost. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Huh? His motivations were crystal clear. He was about to torture him to death right before what’s-her-name showed up and saved him.

So yes, he was toying with him until he was good and ready to subdue and torture him.

Edited by oSuJeff97

Soooooo, if Vader/the Empire knew that Leia is the key to Obi, why did they let her grow up to be a Senator? Why don't they arrest the whole Organa family for conspiring with a Jedi. Vader has no problem killing innocent people just cause. Why would he let her and her family live if they know about Obi. Senator Organa even knows where Obi lives. Why doesn't Vader pay his ass a visit and Spock that information from him?

I can tell that Filoni and Fav did not write this series. Not that they don't have plot holes but all this shit is going to bug me.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

why didn't he sense she was his daughter in ANH when he boarded her ship?

That's part II of my question.

48 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Fair question but he’s not exactly father of the year type.  He was fucking with like for a while right?  And I think his priority 1 is obi. 

meant the question solely as a matter of sensing the force/ presence with Leia.  Not paternal at all.

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Huh? His motivations were crystal clear. He was about to torture him to death right before what’s-her-name showed up and saved him.

So yes, he was toying with him until he was good and ready to subdue and torture him.

Huh?

all powerful force dude fucks up with rookie mistake?

see also Bill's post.

Stick to you MO, however.  ALWAYS disagree.  LOL  Every.fucking.time.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

That's part II of my question.

meant the question solely as a matter of sensing the force/ presence with Leia.  Not paternal at all.

Not sure.  The OG was a bit before my time.   Maybe he knew and didn’t care?  Maybe yoda put some curse on her and Luke?  Or he thought he could control the situation.  Or George Lucas wanted to shock the world

49 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

They’re basically following The Dark Knight Rises storyline. Hero who’s been out of practice is reluctantly pulled back into the game only to get their ass whipped by the villain. So I’m guessing the rest of the series will be Kenobi regaining his force capabilities and either holding his own against Vader or straight up beating him but sparing his life in a rematch. I wonder how they’re gonna tie it up where Kenobi can return to Tattoine to watch over Luke without drawing Vader there. Maybe Kenobi somehow fakes his death?

kenobi does become a badass again. he kills maul in rebels which is 4ish years after this series takes place. 

which leads me to...

a rando jedi found obi. senator organa found obi. maul found obi. the only people who couldn't find obi on tatooine are the empire. i guess the empire find people as well as their stormtroopers can aim.

before this series, it was confirmed that only maul found obi which is badass because maul became a badass. now with this series, his tatooine location is the worst kept secret in the galaxy.

fuck i'm really beginning to hate the writing in this series.

• Like 1