Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Perhaps that big-ass cannon wasn't as powerful as you think.  I mean, on what are you basing the conclusion that the gun should have a much easier time firing through a reinforced door than a lightsaber?

My point there was the light saber was the better tool but they didn’t use it from the beginning.  If you are going to use the door holding strong to give them time to work up their escape, don’t then show that the door could have been opened like a can in 5 seconds with a light saber. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Goddamn, nobody hates Star Wars nearly as much as Star Wars "fans."

By spending so much time on your own invented "continuity" issues, you missed so much that was done right:

1) The whole "the Empire puts a homing beacon on a ship" thing.  Star Wars "fans" complain that it's played out and is trite.  But it works here, because in ANH Leia is the one insistent that the Millennium Falcon's escape from the Death Star was "too easy" and that the Empire had put a homing beacon on the ship.  How could she have guessed that when an experienced smuggler didn't think of it?  Because she's seen that exact play before.

2) "Hello, there."  MacGregor absolutely nailed the cadence, the tone, and the modulation.  It was fucking perfect.

3) Star Wars "fans" want to bitch about how Obi Wan was just left on Tatooine for years and years and years without being found by Vader (who can obviously sense his presence).  But that's addressed pretty clearly--Anakin's need to "win" and obsession with Obi Wan is his weakness.  Palpatine gives him a fucking ultimatum--give up this Obi-Wan obsession and follow me or else you're out.  

Anakin finally acquiesces.  "Yes, my master."  He gives up that need to win that has so hindered him and ditches his focus on Obi Wan.  And so really it is Palpatine right there that finishes Anakin's training and teaches him the lesson that never got through when it was coming from Obi Wan.

To your specific complaints, which I think are pretty off-the-mark:

1) Of course Leia had to meet Obi Wan.  How the hell else does she know that he's "our only hope."  If she never meets Obi Wan, she never even knows he exists (the dude is in serious hiding, after all, living as a hermit on the shittiest planet of them all).  So she never loads a holograph onto R2D2 and send him down to Tattooine.

2) You try living in the desert as a fucking subsistence farmer for a decade (or, for that matter, as a hermit).  Shit's pretty rough, and your skin wouldn't look too great, either.

Perhaps that big-ass cannon wasn't as powerful as you think.  I mean, on what are you basing the conclusion that the gun should have a much easier time firing through a reinforced door than a lightsaber?

Vader is too proud to kneel.  He has to win.  He's the bad-ass who's going to settle all scores and beat Obi Wan.

And then he gets his ass kicked (again).  And Palpatine sees Vader's weakness; it's the same weakness Obi Wan spotted when training Anakin years before.  And so Palpatine gives him the ultimatum--"follow me unreservedly and put your agenda to the side, or get the fuck out."  And Vader for the first time answers, "Yes, my master."

That's the culmination of Anakin's training.  And it is the beginning of his total subservience to Palpatine.  And it makes his final turn against Palpatine in ROTJ all the more striking/surprising.

It's like some of y'all don't even watch Star Wars.  

Anakin killed her youngling friends, who she describes as being her only family.  So she's going to go kill his only family, who also happens to be a child.  

It's fucking revenge, man (or as she characterizes it, "justice")--what's so hard about that?

You're a better man than I am, trying to talk sense into most Star Wars "fans." I gave up trying to fuck that particular chicken years ago.

Great post, and those of y'all arguing with him just need to admit you don't really like Star Wars, or go bang your head into a large rock repeatedly, or jerk off to Spock slashfic, whatever it is that gets y'all's rocks off. Let those of us who enjoy Star Wars enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I thought the series was awesome. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I need to watch The Manadalorian now. And what is this Anders that has been mentioned? Is that the Captain from the first ship we see in ANH? The one that CP3O and R2 “belonged” to?

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Watch Rogue One

Oh, that's the "French" dude from Rogue one.  Got it.  That should be pretty good.  Rogue One was fucking terrific.  It was the best SW movie outside the original 3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Because Bail Smits told her to?

Why would you prefer having to infer an off-camera discussion to the now-obvious explanation that Leia had met him before and he told her to contact him if the shit was really hitting the fan (but only if the shit was really hitting the fan)?

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My point there was the light saber was the better tool but they didn’t use it from the beginning.  If you are going to use the door holding strong to give them time to work up their escape, don’t then show that the door could have been opened like a can in 5 seconds with a light saber. 

How the fuck did they know how strong the door was?  Perhaps they thought the big ass gun would work with one or two shots and would be more time-efficient than fucking around with a lightsaber?

They didn't know that a lightsaber would go through it either.  Remember that when Reva put the lightsaber through the door, it wasn't to open the door.  It was to try to stab Kenobi (and even then it wasn't much of a thought-out strategy; it was an "I'm really pissed and fuck you I'm going to stab this fucking door").

But fuck, man--I don't know.  Why do cops in Uvalde sit outside a classroom with an active shooter for 78 minutes?  Because people in the heat of combat sometimes made the wrong decision and do things that aren't the absolute most-efficient action.

There's always a clunkiness to trying to fit new narrative into an existing one. Red Letter Media did almost as long as movies videos about the story told in the OT and how that didn't really sync up in the PT. But it's never going to be a one to one ratio. One of my reservations going in was reconciling Leia's plea to Obi Wan with what the show was going to give us in their relationship which is now a pre-existing relationship. In the OT, you infer that Leia only knew of Obi Wan as "General Kenobi" who served her father in the Clone Wars. Now, we see they've had a pretty important relationship with Ben saving her. But I was fine with the Leia parts. I think they did a great job with that as Obi Wan regained his humanity and learned to let go of the past and his own trauma from failing Anakin and frankly the galaxy. 

And going back to the OT, let's be honest because I think this gets lost over the years, Lucas had only a rough sketch of what he wanted to accomplish after the first movie. It wasn't until it was successful that he started going forward with where the story should go. Luke and Leia were never siblings. Anakin was not Vader. In the novelization of Star Wars, Owen Lars was Obi Wan's brother. It wasn't until they started working on drafts of Empire that the entire writing team went down the path of Anakin being Vader. After Empire, Leia was not Luke's sister. Luke's sister was on the other end of the galaxy. The emperor wasn't even supposed to enter the picture until the next trilogy. Boba Fett was the main villain of Revenge of the Jedi. That then got truncated when Lucas got burned out. Lucas just had better writers back then to craft the story to retrofit what had been told. And they did a fantastic job because as I get older, that story of Luke redeeming his father really hits me in the feels as Vader sacrifices himself to save his son. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

One of my reservations going in was reconciling Leia's plea to Obi Wan with what the show was going to give us in their relationship which is now a pre-existing relationship. In the OT, you infer that Leia only knew of Obi Wan as "General Kenobi" who served her father in the Clone Wars. Now, we see they've had a pretty important relationship with Ben saving her.

They sort of tidied that up at the end with Obi-Wan's "Now, lets never speak of this again". 

24 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

1) Of course Leia had to meet Obi Wan.  How the hell else does she know that he's "our only hope." 

“How can you possibly know anything about someone you haven’t met?” Jesus Christ. Leia’s recorded message in Star Wars indicates that she had only heard of Obi-Wan through her father. But now the idea of lore handed down from one generation to the next is impossible and we can’t understand Leia’s highly formal plea to a stranger, emphasizing their common acquaintances, without seeing that she actually met him and bonded with him 10 years prior? 

Some of y’all are way too willing to warp reality in order to rationalize shitty narrative writing just because it relates to the same fictional universe as a cherished film trilogy. This was a bad series that was ill conceived, poorly written, and (for the most part) terribly executed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

“How can you possibly know anything about someone you haven’t met?” Jesus Christ. Leia’s recorded message in Star Wars indicates that she had only heard of Obi-Wan through her father. But now the idea of lore handed down from one generation to the next is impossible and we can’t understand Leia’s highly formal plea to a stranger, emphasizing their common acquaintances, without seeing that she actually met him and bonded with him 10 years prior? 

Some of y’all are way too willing to warp reality in order to rationalize shitty narrative writing just because it relates to the same fictional universe as a cherished film trilogy. This was a bad series that was ill conceived, poorly written, and (for the most part) terribly executed. 

Hey, you're not allowed to criticize.  Go jerk off to fanfic or bash your head on a rock! 

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To my original point precisely.  Some Star Wars "fans" would just rather bitch about Star Wars than actually enjoy anything about it.

It's really something unique to this brand, I think.  Fans of James Bond don't run around dissecting every perceived "continuity" issue; fans of The Fast and the Furious are plenty happy watching car chases.  It's really only Star Wars fans who do this.  It's just so fucking weird.

In answer to your direct point, Kenobi told her "yeah, and let's not talk about this in the future"--maybe she was adhering to that because she wouldn't know in whose presence he was going to view the holograph.  Addressing him as General Kenobi and not as "Master" seems pretty consistent with a desire to conceal his being a Jedi--or do you think Bail Organa told her all about Kenobi serving with him and just omitted that minor detail?

Or maybe she thought he needed more context to remember her father.  Being out in the desert as a hermit for a decade might make you a scootch senile.

Or maybe having been a 10-year old kid, she doesn't trust her own memory of the event.  And while she thinks it was Kenobi who saved her a decade ago, she isn't 100% sure and on this very critical mission doesn't want to start the discussion by confusing/insulting him.

Point being, there are plenty of explanations.  But only a fucking Star Wars fan would throw up his hands and scream "this continuity error just fucking ruined everything and now I can't enjoy something that is objectively enjoyable."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I think it’s fine for a person to feel indifferent towards the continuity issues they may see, especially if they’ve been here since day one. That’s a long ass time to think one thing and then all of the sudden maybe tinker with it to try and create a grander picture of the overall story. 

The biggest issue I’ve seen here and everywhere else is that fans are split on the relationship between Leia and Obi-Wan and how it connects with ANH, which imo is fair. For me, I see the hologram recording to Obi-Wan as a plea for help in a time of war. There wasn’t a unified rebellion at the time of this series like the one we see in a ANH. When we see Leia’s hologram message the empire is at its peak of full power and now holds a massive planet killer weapon. It’s war time. So maybe Leia thought that by referencing the clone wars she could convey the type of situation the galaxy is in. They needed someone who was considered a great general in a time of war that could help defeat the evil empire. You could say this is moving the goal post but I don’t care it is what it is at this point. 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

To my original point precisely.  Some Star Wars "fans" would just rather bitch about Star Wars than actually enjoy anything about it.

Keep telling yourself that, but it’s not true. I love the original trilogy. I grew up obsessed with Star Wars and still have all of my old SW toys in boxes. They’re beat to shit because I spent my childhood waging battles between the Empire and the Rebels on the living room floor.

I enjoyed the Thrawn novels (read them as they released). I enjoyed the Dark Empire comics. I liked Rogue One and enjoy The Mandalorian.

I introduced my kids to Star Wars at an early age. I bought my son all the Star Wars toys we could find for Christmases and birthdays. We took him to Disney and got him a spot in the Jedi Academy show when he was like 5 or 6. We rode Star Tours like 5 times.

I love Star Wars. The OT is not flawless, but its flaws are minor and don’t interfere with the narrative. And some of the stuff outside of the OT is pretty good too

But most of the Star Wars material since the OT is trash. And it’s okay to point that out and be discerning. If anything, calling out Disney for their bullshit is more respectful to the series.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I enjoyed the show but I maintain my stance of not enjoying prequels where you already know what's going to happen to the main characters. You knew Luke wasn't going to be killed by Reva. You knew Leia wasn't going to die. I guess I'm just a little bit of a wet blanket when it comes to prequels. It works in a series like Rebels because you don't know the fate of those characters and if it has a link to the OT, it's a small one or a character makes a brief appearance. I'm looking forward to Andor because it least it will be more off the beaten path. All that said, I enjoyed the Vader/Obi Wan fight and it did provide more context to the OT and how Obi Wan viewed Vader as being unredeemable thus making Luke even more noble in his quest to save his father. 

I mean, you know he’s not going to die yet :)  

15 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I mean, you know he’s not going to die yet :)  

Andor isn't going to be Jedi based or anywhere in the Skywalker universe which is exactly what Star Wars needs. Yes, I know Andor doesn't die but we'll at least get some fresh stories independent of the main storyline of the OT. Hence, off the beaten path and the spy angle is something new. There's a reason Rogue One was great versus the lesser sequel trilogy movies. It took one line in the original crawl and expanded on that story. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Keep telling yourself that, but it’s not true. I love the original trilogy. I grew up obsessed with Star Wars and still have all of my old SW toys in boxes. They’re beat to shit because I spent my childhood waging battles between the Empire and the Rebels on the living room floor.

I enjoyed the Thrawn novels (read them as they released). I enjoyed the Dark Empire comics. I liked Rogue One and enjoy The Mandalorian.

I introduced my kids to Star Wars at an early age. I bought my son all the Star Wars toys we could find for Christmases and birthdays. We took him to Disney and got him a spot in the Jedi Academy show when he was like 5 or 6. We rode Star Tours like 5 times.

I love Star Wars. The OT is not flawless, but its flaws are minor and don’t interfere with the narrative. And some of the stuff outside of the OT is pretty good too

But most of the Star Wars material since the OT is trash. And it’s okay to point that out and be discerning. If anything, calling out Disney for their bullshit is more respectful to the series.

But you're illustrating my point.  Fans of other franchises can just enjoy them for what they are: entertainment.

But with Star Wars fans, it starts to tilt into obsession.  You spend so much time on all the novels and comics and all this other random shit that you lose perspective.

And before long, you're arguing about whether something is "canonical" as though you're the the Council of Carthage deciding whether certain books should be included in the New Testament.  And then you get people getting hung up on esoteric points.  So the result is that you get schismatics who hate the opposite side more than they hate any pagan religion.  I mean, yeah--Sedevacantists say they're fans, but they really fucking hate Catholicism.

Star Wars isn't a fucking religion.  It's entertainment.  But goddamned if a lot of y'all don't treat it like a religion that has followed a heretical path.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Thought it was a neat little thing they did. Ahsoka slashed the right side and Obi-Wan slashed the left side. Both characters were close to Anakin and they both got to see what he had become

Yes and then Luke gets the mask all the way off.

Pretty cool, actually.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It's like some of y'all don't even watch Star Wars.  
Anakin killed her youngling friends, who she describes as being her only family.  So she's going to go kill his only family, who also happens to be a child.  
It's fucking revenge, man (or as she characterizes it, "justice")--what's so hard about that?

TL;DR

I think my favorite dumb line was, “I know we agreed to no communication, but your silence is concerning.” Good work Bail. Try not to leave any more galactic secrets hanging around on answering machines.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's really something unique to this brand, I think.  Fans of James Bond don't run around dissecting every perceived "continuity" issue; fans of The Fast and the Furious are plenty happy watching car chases.  It's really only Star Wars fans who do this.  It's just so fucking weird.
In answer to your direct point, Kenobi told her "yeah, and let's not talk about this in the future"--maybe she was adhering to that because she wouldn't know in whose presence he was going to view the holograph.  Addressing him as General Kenobi and not as "Master" seems pretty consistent with a desire to conceal his being a Jedi--or do you think Bail Organa told her all about Kenobi serving with him and just omitted that minor detail?
Or maybe she thought he needed more context to remember her father.  Being out in the desert as a hermit for a decade might make you a scootch senile.
Or maybe having been a 10-year old kid, she doesn't trust her own memory of the event.  And while she thinks it was Kenobi who saved her a decade ago, she isn't 100% sure and on this very critical mission doesn't want to start the discussion by confusing/insulting him.
Point being, there are plenty of explanations.  But only a fucking Star Wars fan would throw up his hands and scream "this continuity error just fucking ruined everything and now I can't enjoy something that is objectively enjoyable."

“Objectively enjoyable guys!”

ecfe0b98da96707b91fafd4e0af12439.jpg

If only all those asshole Star Wars fans had just known better.

The tough issue for modern day Star Wars is it is going up against 30+ years of Star Wars fans' head canon, comic book storylines, and EU novels. Any content going forward is never going to measure up to those first 3 films and how the fans feel about them.  I think that's why the Mandalorian is so enjoyable. It touches enough of the nostalgia that everyone craves while introducing a new side of the SW universe. 

I'm happy to hear Taika say his SW movie will have brand new characters and be nothing like the existing content. 

Edited by mdmost

The tough issue for modern day Star Wars is it is going up against 30+ years of Star Wars fans' head canon, comic book storylines, and EU novels. Any content going forward is never going to measure up to those first 3 films and how the fans feel about them.  I think that's why the Mandalorian is so enjoyable. It touches enough of the nostalgia that everyone craves while introducing a new side of the SW universe. 
I'm happy to hear Taika say his SW movie will have brand new characters and be nothing like the existing content. 

People keep saying stuff like this but it’s demonstrably not true. “SW fans hate everything but Empire!” That is just not true. Rogue One, Rebels, Clone Wars, and Mandalorian were all great and most SW fans agree. But when the most powerful media company on the planet is in charge of beloved IP and then trots out mediocre garbage then fans SHOULD be mad.

It’s like Texas football. “You just want it to be like it used to be. Why can’t you just turn off your brain and be happy with what you get?”

Fuck that. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t always be pretty good and often be great.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I think my favorite dumb line was, “I know we agreed to no communication, but your silence is concerning.” Good work Bail. Try not to leave any more galactic secrets hanging around on answering machines.

Like this seriously bothers you?

He’s a father worried about his daughter so he breaks silence to check in and let his friend know what his plans are to make sure the other potential galaxy savior is safe.  And he was just saying “he” and “her”, etc.

It’s not like he said, “I’ll go back to Tatooine and check in on Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker, a/k/a Darth Vader.”

Was it a plot device? Sure. Am I so predisposed to nitpick this shit to death that I need to channel my inner Comic Book Guy and let it (and stuff like this) negate my enjoyment of the show when I’ve let stuff like this go a million times before? Nope.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

People keep saying stuff like this but it’s demonstrably not true. “SW fans hate everything but Empire!” That is just not true. Rogue One, Rebels, Clone Wars, and Mandalorian were all great and most SW fans agree. But when the most powerful media company on the planet is in charge of beloved IP and then trots out mediocre garbage then fans SHOULD be mad.

And what do most of these have in common? They don't involve or rarely involve the characters from the OT. They are OT adjacent but actually can exist in their own world where the creators are free to build a universe and storyline unburdened by the nostalgia everyone wants. Clone Wars was pre-Disney and involved Lucas crafting the storylines. The sequel trilogy partially failed because it didn't live up to the head canon people had for the fates of Luke, Leia, and Han. People couldn't take that Luke went off to be a hermit. Book of Boba Fett failed because he wasn't the Boba Fett from the OT combined with a terribly written story. Solo failed because no one was going to live up to being Harrison Ford. The Mandalorian didn't have those constraints other than Grogu being a Force user. I'm glad they've tied up the Luke portion because the show needs to move on from the Skywalker line. 

Frankly, I'm tired of endless nostalgia fests. I want new content that tells a new story. It's why I'm hopeful for Taika's movie and the Acolyte show that's coming in a few years. Andor at least can tread some new ground in showing us the Rebellion getting off the ground. It doesn't have to have a Jedi pop in to save the day. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

My post does not support that point at all. Your point, as you’ve expressed it multiple times on this thread, is that Star Wars fans bitch about Star Wars but do not enjoy it.

My retort is: that’s not accurate. Fans like me (and others on this thread) enjoy many Star Wars installments. Some of us practically revere them. But we also recognize that some Star Wars stuff (starting, frankly, with the Holiday Special) sucks and waters down the brand. We recognize that there’s no requirement to ignore the flaws in some Star Wars content just because we really enjoy other Star Wars content.

I’m only a fan of Star Wars to the extent it’s good Star Wars. If it sucks, I’m not a fan of it. There’s plenty of both categories out there now.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s like Texas football. “You just want it to be like it used to be. Why can’t you just turn off your brain and be happy with what you get?”

Fuck that. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t always be pretty good and often be great.

That’s fair about the successes that Disney produced but there still is a ton of fans that can’t grasp what they loved as a kid, doesn’t always translate to adulthood(I’m not directing this towards you or anyone in particular, more so the general SW fan base). Most OT fans hated the PT and most OT & PT fans hate the ST. While most kids loved their trilogy as a kid, whichever era it was in. This is because it’s hard to like what we did as a kid 20 years later. I’m not going to be able to recapture the feeling I had as kid when I first saw the OT with anything new now that I’m older. That’s why it’s hard to watch SW fans hate on certain stuff, and compare it to the OT when this was written for an important moment with Leia and Han in RTJ: 

Spoiler

“Hey, what's goin' on?”

“Nothing. I just want to be alone for a little while.”

“Nothing? Come on, tell me. What's goin' on?”

“I… I can't tell you.”

“Could you tell Luke? Is that who you could tell?”

“I…”

“Ahhh… I'm sorry.”

“Hold me.”

That’s just awful in a key moment and there is more all over the OT. It’s ok tho because SW isn’t trying to be the God Father with its dialogue, just give us great moments here and there to help capture the audience. 

And I’m not a hater for anyone that thinks Kenobi is lacking heavily because there certainly is areas where it is. In particular I don’t think Reva’s ending saved her overall story, she simply was not good imo. I don’t know if it was the actress or the way she was written or both. @mdmost has it right, the more Disney dips their toes in existing characters/story’s, the harder it’s going to be to get most of the SW fan base behind it. 

8 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is just a shitty opinion.  

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is just a shitty opinion.  

I should clarify: I’m only counting live action stuff. So Clone Wars, Rebels and any other cartoons, novels, comic books, etc. are not part of that opinion. I’ve only seen a handful of episodes of the animated series.

So there are the PT (crap), ST (somehow even crappier crap), Rogue One (good), Solo (meh), Mandalorian (good), Kenobi (crap), and Boba Fett (can’t judge since I have yet to watch it).

Am I missing anything? 

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

I should clarify: I’m only counting live action stuff. So Clone Wars, Rebels and any other cartoons, novels, comic books, etc. are not part of that opinion. I’ve only seen a handful of episodes of the animated series.

So there are the PT (crap), ST (somehow even crappier crap), Rogue One (good), Solo (meh), Mandalorian (good), Kenobi (crap), and Boba Fett (can’t judge since I have yet to watch it).

Am I missing anything? 

Nope. 

I stand by my assessment 

Edited by Neonmoon

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

But you're illustrating my point.  Fans of other franchises can just enjoy them for what they are: entertainment.

But with Star Wars fans, it starts to tilt into obsession.  You spend so much time on all the novels and comics and all this other random shit that you lose perspective.

And before long, you're arguing about whether something is "canonical" as though you're the the Council of Carthage deciding whether certain books should be included in the New Testament.  And then you get people getting hung up on esoteric points.  So the result is that you get schismatics who hate the opposite side more than they hate any pagan religion.  I mean, yeah--Sedevacantists say they're fans, but they really fucking hate Catholicism.

Star Wars isn't a fucking religion.  It's entertainment.  But goddamned if a lot of y'all don't treat it like a religion that has followed a heretical path.

Nicaea.  Council of Nicaea.  

11 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Some of y’all are way too willing to warp reality in order to rationalize shitty narrative writing just because it relates to the same fictional universe as a cherished film trilogy

It's not reality, nerd.

• Haha 1

Seriously y'all bitch about timelines and whatever, but you never stop to think about the affects on the solar system when a planet is blown up.  What the fuck do you think happens to the other planets in the solar system?  Well, I can guarantee everything about them is about to change!  It's ok to criticize stupid shit like the entirety of Ep. 8, but this was a fun and fairly well done little adventure.  Just enjoy it...it's OK. Nobody is going to revoke your SW fanbois pass.

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished it.  Enjoyed it, but the last ep had 2 issues for me. 1

Spoiler

How did Reva go from getting speared by a light saber to fully recovered?  That was weak.

Spoiler

They could’ve spent 30 seconds showing a fucked up Vader getting rescued and brought to a medical bay to get rebuilt back into Vader rather than just cutting to him being fully back to normal.  Also weak.

Seemed like they tried to wrap too much up in the last episode 

Finished the series. Great fukin showdown and overall enjoyable little adventure.
Told my wife nerds will find a way to hate like a bunch of siths.
Some people hold the OT on this stupid pedestal. OT had the benefit of being the firsts and nothing to compare against when released. Fan boys’ first loves. Let her go……It’s OK. Experiment a little….these new episodes/series will “do more things” than your old ass first love. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hate said:

Seriously y'all bitch about timelines and whatever, but you never stop to think about the affects on the solar system when a planet is blown up.  What the fuck do you think happens to the other planets in the solar system?  Well, I can guarantee everything about them is about to change!  It's ok to criticize stupid shit like the entirety of Ep. 8, but this was a fun and fairly well done little adventure.  Just enjoy it...it's OK. Nobody is going to revoke your SW fanbois pass.

Nobody ever complains about parking a Death Star in orbit Jack's with the tides and screws up the fishing either. Or how it's called a Death Star, but has more in common with a moon than a star.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Just finished it.  Enjoyed it, but the last ep had 2 issues for me. 1

Hide contents

How did Reva go from getting speared by a light saber to fully recovered?  That was weak.

She was still hurt. She was hobbling up to the Lars compound, and Owen kept hitting or grabbing her side and she’d about topple over. 

6 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

i hate how hyperspace is now instant. oh no. luke is hurt.  no worry ill travel across the galaxy and be there in five minutes.

oh and why the hell didn’t the star destroyer launch fighters? 

Just because the scenes were cut together doesn’t mean they were happening at the exact time - for all we know the fight with Vader happened hours/days before. And when Obi Wan felt the force disturbance of Reva hunting Luke, it could have been before she was at the house wrecking shit. 

Also; it’s fantasy.