World Class Holdings offices raided

What's "near" the Frost Bank Tower?  Not asking you with sassiness, just a general question.  The Statesman has a "Breaking News" logo on their site (which in typical printed news fashion has a photo of our skyline from 2011, with none of the recent buildings in it).  Anyway, it also says "Near Frost Bank."  I mean, if they are just holding a perimeter for people being arrested on federal charges, that's one thing.  Some lawyer who is in deep shit and hiding in the building or whatnot.  Or is this like a "domestic terrorist" investigation where they could be weapons/explosives involved.  Two wildly different things.  I know they can't say exactly, but either evacuate the area or just say, "We're looking for some douchebag upstairs."  and people will feel better.  This is Texas, you leave it ambiguous, you get a bunch of toughguy CHL holders come down there to "sort out who is who"  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

What's "near" the Frost Bank Tower?  Not asking you with sassiness, just a general question.  The Statesman has a "Breaking News" logo on their site (which in typical printed news fashion has a photo of our skyline from 2011, with none of the recent buildings in it).  Anyway, it also says "Near Frost Bank."  I mean, if they are just holding a perimeter for people being arrested on federal charges, that's one thing.  Some lawyer who is in deep shit and hiding in the building or whatnot.  Or is this like a "domestic terrorist" investigation where they could be weapons/explosives involved.  Two wildly different things.  I know they can't say exactly, but either evacuate the area or just say, "We're looking for some douchebag upstairs."  and people will feel better.  This is Texas, you leave it ambiguous, you get a bunch of toughguy CHL holders come down there to "sort out who is who"  

I figured Brisket was probably having a delayed krakatoa event and set off some explosive alarms.

But seriously the reporting is funny, I was just repeating what I read.  Same shit from KXAN:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — FBI agents were in downtown Austin Wednesday morning conducting an unknown operation.

According to the FBI, agents were in the area of Congress Avenue and Fourth Street at about 9 a.m. They said they were conducting “law enforcement activities.”

There is no threat to the public, but the agency said they cannot discuss where exactly they were or what they were doing.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Go gata?

I rise today to congratulate MY World Class Capital team.  For winnin' it's second S-E-C, Reg-D, D federal crime in the last three years. Go GATA!

I want to gradulate the World Classy not only for bein the best REAL! asset firm.  But also the best money firm in the country.

....well you get the idea.  Couldn't help myself.  That this whole thing came to a close during a raid on an A&M owned building (well, until very recently) cracks me up.  

A really puzzling part is why the FBI and Treasury agents spent so many resources to raid their old HQ in the Frost Tower when it was common knowledge around Austin that they moved into that old A&M building at 9th & Lavaca.  No files left up there, no computers, nothing but some bare-boned furniture and coffee makers.  Treasury and FBI only raid old sites for one reason.  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A really puzzling part is why the FBI and Treasury agents spent so many resources to raid their old HQ in the Frost Tower when it was common knowledge around Austin that they moved into that old A&M building at 9th & Lavaca.  No files left up there, no computers, nothing but some bare-boned furniture and coffee makers.  Treasury and FBI only raid old sites for one reason.  

I heard a rumor that the FBI's target at Frost Bank Tower was Maxwell Locke & Ritter, supposedly WCC's outside accountants.

It was the old office. There was a rumor is was Vista, then a law firm, and now MLR... it was the former space they were checking out - which has been leased to Amherst. 

If it was anyone else that would be confirmed by now.  There is no way to keep the FBI from raiding a live office secret. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

If there's one thing I've learned from reading the internet over the last few weeks it's that Epstein is involved in all of this somehow. 

Dear Hank Scorpio, Epstein is innocent. He's a very good boy and would never do anything wrong.  Signed, Epstein's mother. 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

What?  This guy looks totally innocent.

image001-5.jpg

Lawyer:  "Nate, as your legal counsel...I have to tell you, I watched "American Made" and anything you have on your person at the time of your arrest can't be confiscated by the Feds."

Nate:  "Got you fam"

Lawyer:  "That fucking suit and Trump private collection tie?  That's it?  That's all you put on?  Fucking a man!"  

Nate:  "Counselor.   Look at my face.  Just look at this pain.  I got more diamonds and invicta watches shoved up my ass to start a new country."  

I read a quote from Vista Equity founder Robert F. Smith that was along the lines of "Nate's a smart guy and has always delivered spectacular returns for us."

Hmmmm wonder how that could be? Sounds like Nate's a big time fraud who swindled a lot of big money players too greedy to ask how he was doing it.

Juicy read here btw....

https://atxrealestatenews.com/2019/08/16/world-class-capital-fbi-investigation-heres-my-take-on-recent-developments/?fbclid=IwAR3Vk8lJSogCDlj-mGAbUTDVM65h_rfpY82Hj1EVV1F3Z6ASyu7IsFvdcjo

• Like 3

Texas A&M sold him a building so they could off-load worthless assets with which another person could cheat. 

How the fuck is this not already a book of jokes?  The fucking SEC of real estate bought the A&M hangout with which to conduct business once they were kicked out of a proper conference/building.  Truth is stranger than Aggie.  

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Texas A&M sold him a building so they could off-load worthless assets with which another person could cheat. 

How the fuck is this not already a book of jokes?  The fucking SEC of real estate bought the A&M hangout with which to conduct business once they were kicked out of a proper conference/building.  Truth is stranger than Aggie.  

Was there supposed to be a point to this post?

• Like 1