Electronic Music...does it exist ?

triplehorn

Continuing on..

I found this site to have a particularly great setup and search feature for uncovering new tracks to your liking : 

Mix Riot

You can search and play track titles within mixes or artists for extended mixes.  With extended mixes, the track list is typically also published in entirety which allows you to do deep dumpster dives when you hear something that grabs you, identify the title, and then use to find elsewhere for easier playback.

The last post on the old thread had a track from the first compilation CD I had in the early 90's.  This track was on that CD and was the first 'electronica' track rarely heard on late night radio back then that I recall wondering what the hell music is this ?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, elfenix said:

i need more essential mix

If you’re referring to the weekly essentials mix (UK) they are all uploaded here.

http://www.global-sets.com/

if not but you like any electronic genre this is a great place to get live sets from around the world.  

Two of my artists are Carl Cox & Roger Sanchez.  

• Like 1

Just now, SDG said:

If you’re referring to the weekly essentials mix (UK) they are all uploaded here.

http://www.global-sets.com/

if not but you like any electronic genre this is a great place to get live sets from around the world.  

Two of my artists are Carl Cox & Roger Sanchez.  

i saw carl cox at a rave out east of callahan's on 183 back in ~2001.  iirc it was friday night of OU weekend.  dude was amazing.  worked the crowd better than anyone i've ever seen.  stayed up all night, drove to dallas, yelled at evil roy williams jr, got really angry, almost killed us on the way back.  don't drive after having danced all night. 

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

i saw carl cox at a rave out east of callahan's on 183 back in ~2001.  iirc it was friday night of OU weekend.  dude was amazing.  worked the crowd better than anyone i've ever seen.  stayed up all night, drove to dallas, yelled at evil roy williams jr, got really angry, almost killed us on the way back.  don't drive after having danced all night. 

I saw him at a rave in Vancouver BC at the “plaza of nations” about the same time.  Roger I saw live much later at the ministry of sound in London around 2010/11.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

they've been out awhile but i recently started listening to The Midnight.  they are firmly in the synthwave genre but what separates them is the singer dude paid his dues in nashville writing country songs.  that means the lyrics have a little more thought and the music has a little more melody than the other fly by night synthwave acts.

these aren't the official music vids.  just edits people did to their songs.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kraftwerk was either the first or second song that got me into electronic music.  I know it came out before Pump Up the Volume; however, I didn't hear it until it was in Breakin'.  Not sure if Breakin' came out before or after Bright Lights, Big City.