Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

This is my question too, because I'm pretty sure I'd eat a fried piece of cardboard if it was drenched in their Cajun sauce and dipped in their blue cheese lol. The chicken sandwich doesn't even look impressive in their pictures closer to value menu chicken sandwiches versus the premium ones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Covri said:

This is my question too, because I'm pretty sure I'd eat a fried piece of cardboard if it was drenched in their Cajun sauce and dipped in their blue cheese lol. The chicken sandwich doesn't even look impressive in their pictures closer to value menu chicken sandwiches versus the premium ones.

5 atomic 5 cajun 5 lemon pepper, cajun fries, blue cheese.  and a raspberry vanilla coke from the freestyle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the full Popeye's experience today.

Late lunchtime, had a craving for a two-piece box, dark meat. Putter over to Popeye's. 

The man in the drive-through speaker, he says that's only on Tuesday. Well hell. If I gotta upscale, I might as well feed my wife too when she gets home, bless her heart. So I say gimme an 8 piece Family box (dark meat) with red beans and rice as my side. Thank you please drive around.

I drive around and there are two cars kinda mobbed up a little ahead of the window where there is nobody to take my money. The kind of random parking that tells you somebody started to drive away but then said "hey wait a minute." A manager and his helper come outside with a bag of food, and hand it to Car #1. From inside Car #1 they receive a different bag of food, possibly rummaged through, which they then walk over to Car #2, with many pleasantries and understanding.

Eventually the manager pops into the drive-through-window turret-gunner position, and tells me my 8 piece box (dark meat) is $24.19. I hand him 25 bucks and wait for my change.

Instead of change, the manager pops out of the side door again with another bag of food, and walks it over to Car #2 again. Neither Car #1 or #2 have left yet, but they now proceed to do so by vigorously backing their uninsured Alabama hoopties at speed towards mine, throwing it back into drive with inches to spare and departing for Adventures Unknown.

About this time one of the helpers wandering inside takes an interest in me, and produces an 8-piece box (dark meat.) Then he starts to wander off again.

"Hey, I never got my change?!"

"mumble he didn't get his change"--"mumble I gave him his change"

I say "nuh uh" and extend my empty hands to show that I indeed do not have change. The manager runs his mental data base of "Hillbillies Who Will Scrap for 81 Cents in 2022" and my picture pops up. I get a handful of nice shiny change and drive off.

At a traffic light a few blocks away (should have checked before I left the premises, but I'm slow) I see that I was given red beans and rice in theory but not in practice. They are not there. At that point I am in an area taken over by the most selfish of American drivers, parents picking up elementary students. All wrapped around the damn block, faces in phones as their cars idle. I sort of run one of them off the shoulder going wrong-way up an alley, then zag back and this time go inside Popeye's. Usual scene, one or two people busting ass while other off-duty employees wait for rides home in the dining room while baby-sitting unrelated mental patients as their side-hustle.

Manager remembers that I am 8-piece box (dark meat) and we sort out the missing red beans and rice. It sure does look small, like you think a side that came with a "Family" box (dark meat) would feed a family too. 

But hell with it. I'm technically even. I'm out.

And no there was no chicken sandwich in this story. Maybe you thought there would be. But there's not.

Have a blessed day.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Got the full Popeye's experience today.
Late lunchtime, had a craving for a two-piece box, dark meat. Putter over to Popeye's. 
The man in the drive-through speaker, he says that's only on Tuesday. Well hell. If I gotta upscale, I might as well feed my wife too when she gets home, bless her heart. So I say gimme an 8 piece Family box (dark meat) with red beans and rice as my side. Thank you please drive around.
I drive around and there are two cars kinda mobbed up a little ahead of the window where there is nobody to take my money. The kind of random parking that tells you somebody started to drive away but then said "hey wait a minute." A manager and his helper come outside with a bag of food, and hand it to Car #1. From inside Car #1 they receive a different bag of food, possibly rummaged through, which they then walk over to Car #2, with many pleasantries and understanding.
Eventually the manager pops into the drive-through-window turret-gunner position, and tells me my 8 piece box (dark meat) is $24.19. I hand him 25 bucks and wait for my change.
Instead of change, the manager pops out of the side door again with another bag of food, and walks it over to Car #2 again. Neither Car #1 or #2 have left yet, but they now proceed to do so by vigorously backing their uninsured Alabama hoopties at speed towards mine, throwing it back into drive with inches to spare and departing for Adventures Unknown.
About this time one of the helpers wandering inside takes an interest in me, and produces an 8-piece box (dark meat.) Then he starts to wander off again.
"Hey, I never got my change?!"
"mumble he didn't get his change"--"mumble I gave him his change"
I say "nuh uh" and extend my empty hands to show that I indeed do not have change. The manager runs his mental data base of "Hillbillies Who Will Scrap for 81 Cents in 2022" and my picture pops up. I get a handful of nice shiny change and drive off.
At a traffic light a few blocks away (should have checked before I left the premises, but I'm slow) I see that I was given red beans and rice in theory but not in practice. They are not there. At that point I am in an area taken over by the most selfish of American drivers, parents picking up elementary students. All wrapped around the damn block, faces in phones as their cars idle. I sort of run one of them off the shoulder going wrong-way up an alley, then zag back and this time go inside Popeye's. Usual scene, one or two people busting ass while other off-duty employees wait for rides home in the dining room while baby-sitting unrelated mental patients as their side-hustle.
Manager remembers that I am 8-piece box (dark meat) and we sort out the missing red beans and rice. It sure does look small, like you think a side that came with a "Family" box (dark meat) would feed a family too. 
But hell with it. I'm technically even. I'm out.
And no there was no chicken sandwich in this story. Maybe you thought there would be. But there's not.
Have a blessed day.

That sounds like one of the more uncomplicated popeye’s experiences. Congrats.
  • Drool 1

Popeye's makes a mild option?

Unfortunately they do, as that shit seems to be half my order of spicy whatever in my usual horrible Popeyes experiences. You get it home? Wife takes all the dpicy, leaving me the entire ration of “mild” which is Cajun lingo for “dogshit”.

It’s how they clear out the mold inventory because folks won’t drive back to fix it. Also they treat red beans and rice like ghold. A large is still small, like it’s a metric system thing or something.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

And yet no one cries for the thousands of heads of cauliflower, yanked from the earth, the only home they’ve known, and then be sliced into steaks while still alive and sentient. Heartless fucking vegans.

If they fry that thing in the same car as they fry chicken or shrimp or fishwiches it’s not vegetarian.

58 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

And yet no one cries for the thousands of heads of cauliflower, yanked from the earth, the only home they’ve known, and then be sliced into steaks while still alive and sentient. Heartless fucking vegans.

If they fry that thing in the same car as they fry chicken or shrimp or fishwiches it’s not vegetarian.

I would like to hear more about this car that has a deep fryer built in.....

the-homer-inline4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 1:47 PM, deft said:

“you may have came into Popeyes but imma bout to send you to churchs “

Got a friend that said when looking online for a hotel always see how close the nearest church's chicken is.  If it within 5 miles, find a different hotel.  #LIFEHACKS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:12 AM, Underdog said:

Stopped by yesterday to try their flounder sandwich but was told they've so?d out for remainder of year?  

selling out of a lent-only item halfway through lent would be the third most popeye's thing ever

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, Litig8r said:

Got a friend that said when looking online for a hotel always see how close the nearest church's chicken is.  If it within 5 miles, find a different hotel.  #LIFEHACKS

I got a Church's around the corner from my house at William Cannon and Manchaca. They're  doing a whole re-brand trying to church-up their image. Their drive through is still slow as fuuuuuuuck. But I'll fuck up some Church's every now and then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I got a Church's around the corner from my house at William Cannon and Manchaca. They're  doing a whole re-brand trying to church-up their image. Their drive through is still slow as fuuuuuuuck. But I'll fuck up some Church's every now and then.

I fuck up some Short Stop across the street too every now and then.