Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had the new Golden Chick sandwich yet? Been seeing commercials lately. One in my hood closed awhile back, may need to make a trek. 

If the Big & Golden was Golden Chick’s OG chicken sandwich, the new Big & Wicked will have you saying OMG! Our crispy hand-breaded chicken breast loaded with our signature Lotta Zing® spice with 5 pickles and Lotta Zing sauce on a fresh-baked XL Golden Chick roll.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, Brisketexan said:

It’s pretty damn good. Salvadorans LOVE that stuff.

SInce I don't have one nearby.  How drive-out-of-my-way good are we talking if I'm on the road?  Suffice it to say, I'm intrigued.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:55 AM, BonzoMontreaux said:

Anyone ever heard of Pollo Campero?

https://us.campero.com/

On 3/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, Brisketexan said:

It’s pretty damn good. Salvadorans LOVE that stuff.

There's one over by Bachman Lake not far from the house and I tried it last night in response to this thread. Meh doesn't even begin to describe it. I got the 4-piece to try both the fried and grilled chicken with cole slaw and yuca fries. I doubt I'll go back. I'd rather go to Pollo Regio or the other Tex-Mex/Mex grilled asado chicken places.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So, today was the grand opening of the first Popeye's in Scotland . . . still 20 mins away from the boy in central Glasgow, but he had the day circled on his calendar.  His best friend has a car, so an excursion was organized.

925a4d358d168daf86fd96231e7b81cf.jpg

As they pull up, the parking area is a madhouse -- drive-thru line out onto the street.  But the boy is wearing a Popeye's baseball jersey (one of his Xmas gifts last year).  His buddy motions over the Popeye's employee managing traffic, and points to the boy's jersey.  They open the side gate, and let them around the traffic to park, like VIPs.  They waltz inside. 

72f21f1c54e5bf3c0406d072389a81ee.jpg

The regional manager of Popeyes UK was there.  He sees the boy in his jersey, asks him where he got it, and says hold on.  Goes into the back, and comes out with a bag full of swag (free t-shirts and such) and some free food (biscuits and sides).  He poses for a picture with the boy and his stuff.  AND then, on top of the free grub, the boy got £30 worth of spicy fried chicken as well to share with his mates (gotta introduce the scots and limeys to real flavor).

Now, the boy did complain to the management about the fact that they do not offer RBAR as a side in the UK.  And he said that the chicken tastes slightly different than here, but pretty damned close.  He's excited because it will be a taste treat from home that he can get now.

That's a really poorly run Popeye's if your son wasn't verbally abused and received the correct order. 

I'd complain to corporate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Deej said:

That's a really poorly run Popeye's if your son wasn't verbally abused and received the correct order. 

I'd complain to corporate. 

If it matters, he got someone else's order and started the cascade of fucked up food that will ripple across Scotland for decades 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just tried the pimento cheese sandwich at chik fil a.

I like it. Reminded me concept wise of a fried chicken sandwich JITB did/does with nacho cheese sauce and jalapeños. I'm guessing this chik fil a one doesn't range from inedible to kind of good like the JITB one. 

Just tried the pimento cheese sandwich at chik fil a.
I like it. Reminded me concept wise of a fried chicken sandwich JITB did/does with nacho cheese sauce and jalapeños. I'm guessing this chik fil a one doesn't range from inedible to kind of good like the JITB one. 

I think it would pair better with a spicy filet instead of the honey filet. It wasn’t bad though.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this seems to be the catch all fast food fried chicken thread, I’ll post here. I tried the KFC hot and spicy wings and thought they were pretty good. Lots of good crunch on the wings like extra crispy style and while the hot and spicy on the chicken wasn’t very hot, it had good flavor and made for basically mini pieces of spicy fried chicken. It was better than the last couple times I got a 3pc spicy dark from Popeyes and just as filling.

• Like 1