Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, LTtxfan said:

And with things beginning to turn around at both Ford and GM, hopefully the state of Michigan will get better in the future -- but several of my friends in Michigan are concerned about their state and see many folks leaving -- especially younger people...

On 11/20/2020 at 12:06 PM, Juicy said:

I think that was more of an issue 10 years ago, Detroit is starting to come back as a Tech hub and Grand Rapids is growing as well. The brain drain of 10-15 years ago seems to have stalled out.

I remember hearing these exact same quotes 20 years ago.

Edited by Baconboy

Michigan will not fire Jim Harbaugh mid-season under any circumstance other than illegal activity that would be a liability to the university.

I'm not sure he's even going to be gone after this season, however he does need to beat Ohio State or he won't get his contract renewed.

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Michigan will not fire Jim Harbaugh mid-season under any circumstance other than illegal activity that would be a liability to the university.

I'm not sure he's even going to be gone after this season, however he does need to beat Ohio State or he won't get his contract renewed.

He could get "saved" by the Rona and not having to play OSU. Although there really doesn't seem to be a path to success.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Have some friends with connections in Ann Arbor and that’s what they say. Michigan isn’t paying off the $10m buyout but obviously not extending. He won’t quit on Michigan so they are praying the NFL calls. 

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Have some friends with connections in Ann Arbor and that’s what they say. Michigan isn’t paying off the $10m buyout but obviously not extending. He won’t quit on Michigan so they are praying the NFL calls. 

The NFL will not come calling before his contract is up in Michigan. 

42 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, the two are different animals and Harbaugh was a pretty damn successful NFL coach. Kliff is a pretty good example of how the two are different tbh.

Honestly harbaugh was a home run hire at michigan. There were only 2 things that could have happened 

1. he won big

2. he was a total bust

obviously #2 is what happened but unlike the hoke and rich rod hires he was the first coaching hire I was on board with and thought it was a can’t miss hire. Man I was so wrong. Maybe he’s just built to be a NFL coach. Also somethings wrong with him because he isn’t the same guy they hired 6 years ago. I loved the guy on the sideline that freaked out all game and showed passion. 

Coaching at michigan is a tough job not just because OSU is an elite program but because I think most fans want that kind of winning and excellence out of the program and they just aren’t on that level realistically. I see michigan as a 9/10 win program that should win the conference realistically every 3 years. I don’t think that’s unrealistic considering they have all the resources as Bama osu clemson ect. 

I don’t know know or care who the next coach is or what their record was or isn’t. I want the culture to be changed because that’s how you win and win big. It’s a culture problem at michigan right now and that’s bigger then the coaching. 

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Hell, he doesn’t even need to leave the state for an NFL job.

I'd rather have Harbaugh right now than fat Mike McCarthy. At the NFL level, he was good. He turned around a bad Niners team and took them to 3 straight NFC title games. And went to a Super Bowl with Kap. That's pretty damn good. At that level, I think he can get the most out of your QBs. College is a different animal. Some coaches are better suited for the pros and others are better for the pros. See Spurrier and Saban.

Coaching at michigan is a tough job not just because OSU is an elite program but because I think most fans want that kind of winning and excellence out of the program and they just aren’t on that level realistically. I see michigan as a 9/10 win program that should win the conference realistically every 3 years. I don’t think that’s unrealistic considering they have all the resources as Bama osu...

Well, the problem is that Michigan was never that program. You have one shared national title that is close to a quarter century old. You’ve never even played in a Big-10 Championship Game this past decade.

Going back to your last Glory Days, your 2003 & 2004 B1G Championships (one shared) were not undefeated seasons, and you lost both Rose Bowls. The problem is, you are - at the most favorable - a slightly better than mediocre program since today’s recruits were born.

The fact you see 9/10 wins and a conference championship every three years realistic - despite not winning one in decades - seems like a problem.
  • Like 1

200.gif

LOL. Most definitely. But at least we get to lose our conf champ game with regularity. It is hard to claw your way back after the fish fucker and rage boy burned it down.

You fuckers certified Boom as Coach in Waiting. Little did we know it was a Texas Trojan Horse long game to knee cap us for years. Dammit!

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

Harbaugh did win 10 games three times and nine another. The problem is beating OSU, which they need to do to win the conference. 

And a fair point.... And yet, no Championships. Just shoulda-couldas. All of our programs will wander in the wilderness until we win our respective conferences.

UF’s defense will be embarrassed by Bama this year. Again. But we are recruiting a bit better, and Saban may be rich enough some day to retire to a life of travel with his young-wife-to-be-named later.

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Well, the problem is that Michigan was never that program. You have one shared national title that is close to a quarter century old. You’ve never even played in a Big-10 Championship Game this past decade.

Going back to your last Glory Days, your 2003 & 2004 B1G Championships (one shared) were not undefeated seasons, and you lost both Rose Bowls. The problem is, you are - at the most favorable - a slightly better than mediocre program since today’s recruits were born.

The fact you see 9/10 wins and a conference championship every three years realistic - despite not winning one in decades - seems like a problem.

I said realistic expectations. I didn’t say natty every 2 year conference every year. Michigan is a 9/10 win program a year. But aren’t competing for conference championships. That’s the only thing I added. Never said they are said they should be

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

The scary thing is, this is going to start to describe Texas sooner than later. We are above Michigan no doubt since the 2000s but our last title was 2005. We had one measly conference title appearance the entire decade. We are going to be recruiting players soon who weren't even alive for that title. Baylor and TCU owned us this past decade. 

41 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The scary thing is, this is going to start to describe Texas sooner than later. We are above Michigan no doubt since the 2000s but our last title was 2005. We had one measly conference title appearance the entire decade. We are going to be recruiting players soon who weren't even alive for that title. Baylor and TCU owned us this past decade. 

Not trying to be a Dick but yeah. But remember you actually beat your rival. Michigan has 1 win in 15 years. Man I hate being a michigan fan. Texas is above michigan but they HAVE to make the right hire next. Look at michigan 3 coaches 3 wiffs and look at the state of the program. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

There's enough HS talent in the State of Texas to build a great team in Austin.  Michigan doesn't have that.

Seeing this on a Texas board:

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

Harbaugh doing what only a real hero could. Pausing all team activities. The conference average is going to drop to 7 games so o$U is going to have to play this week, rona or not, to not have to rely on Michigan playing them the final week of the season.

Edited by Juicy

On 11/29/2020 at 12:29 AM, Vic Mackey said:

I think the Jets will definitely call. I don't know why any coach would want that job, but they will call. Harbaugh to the lions is interesting. AA to Oak Park is about 40 minutes, not a terrible commute for him. I would take him as the lions coach to get rid of him at UofM

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Harbaugh doing what only a real hero could. Pausing all team activities. The conference average is going to drop to 7 games so o$U is going to have to play this week, rona or not, to not have to rely on Michigan playing them the final week of the season.

They could match Ohio State up with another conference opponent if Michigan bails which I expect to happen.

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

I think the Jets will definitely call. I don't know why any coach would want that job, but they will call. Harbaugh to the lions is interesting. AA to Oak Park is about 40 minutes, not a terrible commute for him. I would take him as the lions coach to get rid of him at UofM

Harbaugh to Lions makes so much sense that I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. His NFL bona fides are, IMO, not diminished by his failure in Ann Arbor. In the NFL, you're not (realistically) trying to hire a guy who'll stay 20 years anyway*. If he takes the Detroit job and just gets them into the playoffs three times before weirding out, that's huge success. 

* that's always the college coaching fantasy, i.e., "Bob Stoops is only 40 and just won a national title in his second year, he'll coach another twenty years here and win four more!" or "Ryan Day can rewrite the Ohio State coaching record book between now and his 70th birthday!"

On 11/28/2020 at 11:29 PM, Vic Mackey said:

If this is because of money, I don't believe that would stop them. UM, Harbaugh and pros would design a contract where Payout is lessened by amount of pro contract and everyone saves face.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan