Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football depart for spring trip to France today

Updated Apr 26, 9:03 AM; Posted Apr 26, 6:01 AM mjm-122617-micharrive-03jpg-fe405af3b0f766da.jpg Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan football team departs Thursday for a six-night trip to France, where they'll visit Paris and spend a day in Normandy. (Mike Mulholland | MLive.com) 316         1.4kshares

By Aaron McMann

amcmann@mlive.com

ANN ARBOR -- Bags are packed and the itinerary is set.

The Michigan football team is headed back to Europe.

Jim Harbaugh and most of his team and staff will jet off to France today for a six-night, seven-day trip that will include stops at some of the world's most prominent landmarks.

It's Act II after Harbaugh took his Michigan team on a similar trip last April to Rome, Italy, where the team utilized three days of its spring practice schedule.

"I've still got all the pictures in my phone," safety Tyree Kinnel said earlier this month. "I still pull them up and look at 'em. It was just a great experience. I feel like we're really blessed with this opportunity."

This time, though, the excursion will be all sightseeing. Michigan opted to fulfill its practice schedule this spring on campus in Ann Arbor, behind closed doors and out of sight.

Starting Friday, it's exclusively educational.

Vive la France..?
Lol

How much longer is the circus going to be in town? Maybe, he should win a meaningful game or two before he starts a world tour.
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Jimmah already announced the 2019 travel extravaganza - going to South Africa
(but they still have never been to Indianapolis - home of the B1G Championship game)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23565909/jim-harbaugh-take-michigan-wolverines-south-africa-2019

"My fondest memory from my time at Michigan was the time corch took us to see a civil war in person." 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4457280/Is-South-Africa-heading-civil-war.html

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Harbaugh is a blowhard but I think these trips are a cool idea.  Really neat opportunity for the players to see places that most would likely never go and to do it as a team at no cost to the school is a pretty sweet deal.

Wouldn't mind if Herman and CDC were able to string something like this together.

34 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Jimmah already announced the 2019 travel extravaganza - going to South Africa
(but they still have never been to Indianapolis - home of the B1G Championship game)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23565909/jim-harbaugh-take-michigan-wolverines-south-africa-2019

Subtle stab to the eyeball there.  Well done.

15 minutes ago, orange dream said:

Harbaugh is a blowhard but I think these trips are a cool idea.  Really neat opportunity for the players to see places that most would likely never go and to do it as a team at no cost to the school is a pretty sweet deal.

Wouldn't mind if Herman and CDC were able to string something like this together. 

Yeah it's pretty cool - plus they don't seem to have had any Ball family style shenanigans on their trips, which is a credit to the players and staff.

Also, @GlenFromTheMailRoom, using the Daily Mail for news instead of toilet paper is a bad idea.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, orange dream said:

I guess but between having an ESPN reporter with them there all week and doing the whole Hard Knocks style Amazon show, it seems he's created a lot of distraction around his team and the team has certainly underperformed so far.  I think Michigan would do well to have less cameras around. There's a reason most well-run NFL franchises avoid Hard Knocks like the plague.

Texas has enough non-football distractions. I'd prefer if the program just focused on football and, you know, this little thing called winning--like even just 8 games or more. It's been 5 got dam years since that's happened.

• Haha 1

Agreed regarding Texas needing to stay focused, but let's be honest we have been underperforming, at best, for most of the last decade.  With the LHN in place I'm reasonably sure our guys are used to cameras by now.  I'm not trying to say it helps the football team win, other than I think it could be a positive recruiting tool, I just think that it is a good thing for the team to have exposure to.Not every school could pull something like that off, we can.  We ask a lot of the players and yes they get  a "free" education, but being able to broaden their horizons a little isn't a bad thing even if there is no direct link to extra wins.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yeah it's pretty cool - plus they don't seem to have had any Ball family style shenanigans on their trips, which is a credit to the players and staff.

Also, @GlenFromTheMailRoom, using the Daily Mail for news instead of toilet paper is a bad idea.

It was the quickest and fastest article I could find.  The issue between the two parties is already well documented across the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Bevojoe said:

So, is that his recruiting tool? “Come to Michigan and see the world!” This Guy is out there...

Yeah, while their arch rival says "Come to Ohio State at see the conference title(s) in our trophy case"...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

their schedule is really tough but the excuses have got to stop. just win already! being a Michigan fan for the last decade has sucked  

It has to get better for the Maize & Blue at some point, right..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

You’d think. It’s been brutal 

Well, there is hope, remember that just a decade or so ago that Alabama was in the midst of one of it's droughts of not winning a title since the early 1990's... #ThingsChange..!

On 7/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Vertigo said:

Word is it has been sitting in his inbox while he waits to see what happens at Texas. 

He's waiting for the ink on his divorce to be final before he locks in the big pay day so Candi's boyfriends can't get their hands on it....just her.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, ABSR said:

He's waiting for the ink on his divorce to be final before he locks in the big pay day so Candi's boyfriends can't get their hands on it....just her.

If Jimmybo isn't tripping out on Fraggle Rock reruns as mentioned in another thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Former Michigan (and current UCLA) quarterback Wilton Speight tells a story to sum it up nicely. Early in his Michigan tenure, Harbaugh pulled Speight aside and told him not to eat chicken, a protein that is considered fairly safe by nutritionists. When Speight asked why, Harbaugh said, "because it's a nervous bird."

"He thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork," Speight says. "And he believes it, 100 percent."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788225-qb-shea-patterson-ready-to-be-michigans-savior-after-escaping-ole-miss-wreckage

17 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Former Michigan (and current UCLA) quarterback Wilton Speight tells a story to sum it up nicely. Early in his Michigan tenure, Harbaugh pulled Speight aside and told him not to eat chicken, a protein that is considered fairly safe by nutritionists. When Speight asked why, Harbaugh said, "because it's a nervous bird."

"He thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork," Speight says. "And he believes it, 100 percent."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788225-qb-shea-patterson-ready-to-be-michigans-savior-after-escaping-ole-miss-wreckage

I thought pork (and cat) were white meats....

On 5/22/2018 at 10:33 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Keep taking those trips. They don't appear to be helping them win games. 

Reminds me of the Rick Neuheisel trips when he was thought of as some wundercorch and it ultimately didn’t work out.

Not because of the trips, that they somehow weakened the team, but just that it didn’t seem to translate to Ws.

4 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

He is crazier than I thought.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

7-6 losses to ND, Wisconsin, Penn State, MSU, tOSU, and a shitty bowl game

I don't think they go 0-3 against Wisconsin, PSU, and MSU. Their schedule is pretty fucking tough, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 8-4/9-3 but lose to Ohio State yet again, and all the baseless speculation about Harbaugh being on the hot seat starts to become not so baseless.

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't think they go 0-3 against Wisconsin, PSU, and MSU. Their schedule is pretty fucking tough, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 8-4/9-3 but lose to Ohio State yet again, and all the baseless speculation about Harbaugh being on the hot seat starts to become not so baseless.

I could see them winning one of those, but I can also see them losing to kNowledge

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan