Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2022 at 5:18 AM, Pimphand said:

Harbaugh was who I wanted to replace Mack. When he got hired to UM I wanted John to come to Austin so we could have the brothers go head to head in the playoff but he keeps hanging on in Baltiless and we keep hiring middle of the road freaks.

Nm, not worth it. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Gonna really be terrible for MeatChicken fans if the Suckeyes make it to the Championship Game...

Woohoo Boy... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

it'll result in another banner in College Station, regardless.

Wow:  "The loss extended Michigan's woes in the postseason. The Wolverines have now lost six straight bowl games."

Michigan stung by second straight letdown in CFP semifinals           (Chris Low ESPN) 

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Michigan junior receiver Roman Wilson echoed what most of his teammates were saying in some form or fashion Saturday in a somber Wolverines locker room.

For the second straight year, Michigan beat bitter rival Ohio State and won the Big Ten championship. But for the second straight year, the Wolverines lost in the College Football Playoff semifinal, this one a 51-45 heartbreaker to TCU in the Vrbo Fiesta Bowl.

"Just too many mistakes, too many times where we had chances and didn't make plays or messed plays up," Wilson said. "I mean, they're a good team. I still think we're the better team, but they got the best of us. Everything they did on film is how they played in the game. So we weren't surprised. We just didn't get it done."

Junior offensive guard Zak Zinter was even more succinct.

"We didn't lock into some little details. We hurt ourselves. ... We beat ourselves out there," Zinter said.

One by one, Michigan's players did their best to assess their second straight CFP semifinal loss, which saw the Wolverines fall behind early and try to play catch-up the rest of the way. The Wolverines trailed 21-3 in the second quarter and 41-22 late in the third quarter and kept fighting back. In the end, they couldn't overcome two interceptions returned for touchdowns, three first-and-goal situations that produced a total of three points and a rushing defense (ranked third nationally) that gave up 263 yards on the ground.

"To be the defense we are, giving up 51 points isn't up to our standard," said senior defensive back Mike Sainristil, part of a Michigan defense that allowed seven plays from scrimmage of 15 yards or longer. "I think that's just the summary of the game. We didn't play at our level."

Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy threw for 343 yards and two touchdowns and kept bringing the Wolverines back every time it looked like they might be out of the game. But his two interceptions returned for touchdowns were costly, as was Kalel Mullings' fumble at the TCU 1-yard line in the second quarter. On the play before Mullings' fumble, Wilson hauled in what Michigan thought was a 51-yard touchdown pass. But the play was reviewed, and officials ruled his knee was down at the 1.

"I thought I was in, but I don't know," said Wilson, who had five catches for 104 yards.

The loss extended Michigan's woes in the postseason. The Wolverines have now lost six straight bowl games. They lost 34-11 to Georgia a year ago in the playoff semifinal.

But this one, given the Wolverines' miscues, hurt even worse, according to the players.

"I'm sure in hindsight, maybe when I'm older, that I'll appreciate, you know, having won the Big Ten championship and all that for the second year in a row and beating Ohio State for the second year in a row," Mullings said. "But, right now, man, it just feels like there was a lot left on the table for us."

Senior defensive lineman Mazi Smith said the Wolverines waited too late in the game to start playing "complementary football," and that despite the turnovers on offense, the defense ultimately allowed it to become a shootout. Before Saturday's game, Michigan had not given up more than 27 points in a game all season.

"I mean, I just looked up and was like, 'There's been a lot of kickoffs,' you know what I'm saying?" Smith said. "I was like, 'Damn, this might be as many kickoffs as we had all season.' But at some point, the scoreboard don't matter. You've just got to go play your heart out."

Smith also pushed back at any talk that Michigan underestimated TCU and thought it could push around the Horned Frogs physically.

"You look at TCU, and they play good football," Smith said. "They've got big guards. They've got big tackles. They've got a good center, and they've got a real big back [Emari Demercado] who runs like Derrick Henry. So I'm looking at them like they can play, these boys can play. ... This is a College Football Playoff game, and you don't get there by sucking."

As bitter as the loss was for the Wolverines, they said it would only push them that much harder this offseason.

"We'll be back," Wilson said. "This is going to be the new steppingstone for this program, the culture, the new guys and everyone here, just the dedication and the hard work everyone puts in. This might be the new future for us.

"This is what we're supposed to do, go out there and get it done in these games."

Said Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh: "There were big plays being made, mistakes being made, by both teams. We just had one less than we needed. They had one more, and that ended up being the difference in the game."

That post season record is terrible for Harbaugh -- Michigan fans just devastated.

• Haha 1

This shit is wild. The Herd reporting Denver is going to offer him a 5 year 100 million contract, fully guaranteed. I guess that would be a reason to pick denver. 

Still Michigan should offer him 15 years 200 million with a 50 million dollar buyout if he leaves for the NFL. Let him raise his kid in the same place, retire at home and have generational wealth. 

But last year he said he was done with the yearly JIM TO THE NFL shit. Can't keep letting this happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Not if Indy was offering close to the same.

Indy makes sense for sure. Carolina and Denver would be horrible spots to land. I don't think Jim wants to run a complete rebuild, but maybe, he is a lunatic. But going to Denver is just getting hired to get fired. 

On 1/1/2023 at 11:01 AM, LTtxfan said:

Wow:  "The loss extended Michigan's woes in the postseason. The Wolverines have now lost six straight bowl games."

Michigan stung by second straight letdown in CFP semifinals           (Chris Low ESPN) 

That post season record is terrible for Harbaugh -- Michigan fans just devastated.

And Harbaugh is now 0-3 against TCU.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

This shit is wild. The Herd reporting Denver is going to offer him a 5 year 100 million contract, fully guaranteed. I guess that would be a reason to pick denver. 

Still Michigan should offer him 15 years 200 million with a 50 million dollar buyout if he leaves for the NFL. Let him raise his kid in the same place, retire at home and have generational wealth. 

But last year he said he was done with the yearly JIM TO THE NFL shit. Can't keep letting this happen. 

aggie swoops in with the two year 225m fully guaranteed deal to totally own the libs and win two nattys. 

5 minutes ago, pubes said:

aggie swoops in with the two year 225m fully guaranteed deal to totally own the libs and win two nattys. 

Lol any interest in aggy hahahahhaa good trolling pal 

888F9035-232B-4D2A-8EE7-208E60782934.gif

Edited by NAVY

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

If I got $1M every time Harbaugh said he was committed to michigan while looking for jobs in the NFL, I would have generational wealth. 

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

Indy makes sense for sure. Carolina and Denver would be horrible spots to land. I don't think Jim wants to run a complete rebuild, but maybe, he is a lunatic. But going to Denver is just getting hired to get fired. 

As a broncos fan, one weirdo diva is enough(Wilson). Dont need another in Harbaugh. The defense is pretty stout, and they dont need to gut the offense. We just need Wilson to get hit by a bus or something and go in a different direction, because that contract is shit. 

Edited by Blotto

7 hours ago, Juicy said:

Be sure to include a championship trophy with the year TBD.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

what is the rule on sleepovers with potential draft picks, free agents, and potential trade targets in the NFL?

I don’t care what the coach does to get his players. I really don’t. I’ve heard coaches flying and landing a helicopter on a practice field. All coaches in college are weird 

Denver needs to go ahead and cough up a 1st rounder for Sean Payton.

What first rounder? All their picks went to Seattle. All their cap money goes to Russell. No picks and no money. Defense getting old. Why would Payton go there?
Why would any decent coach go there?

Besides Payton is McCarthy in a different package.

Soooo, Michigan under investigation. At least it explains why Jimmy is eyeing the NFL.

What it doesn’t explain is how Jimmy apparently had to cheat just to be competitive. While at the same time no one is questioning how Bama and Georgia can build and maintain a juggernaut roster without so much as a whisper from the NCAA. Hell, even Clemson is showing a cyclical phase. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

an analyst didn't leave the field on time before a game, and harbaugh had a zoom call during covid dead period. THE HORROR. 

The NCAA is so dumb, its really insane to see what they take seriously and what they turn a blind eye to.

Also michigan get a better compliance guy if you keep doing stupid shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I agree, but rules are rules.

Michigan football has received a Notice of Allegations that includes a Level I violation by Jim Harbaugh and four Level II violations by the program.

Per Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, Harbaugh is alleged of failing to cooperate with investigators when faced with questions about Level II violations inside the program. The allegation against Harbaugh is a Level I violation, the highest level, and he could face signficant recruiting restrictions and/or a multiple-game suspension as a result.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2023/01/136710/ncaa-alleges-numerous-violations-against-michigan-football-including-a-level-i-violation-against-jim-harbaugh

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Michigan football has received a Notice of Allegations that includes a Level I violation by Jim Harbaugh and four Level II violations by the program.

Per Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, Harbaugh is alleged of failing to cooperate with investigators when faced with questions about Level II violations inside the program. The allegation against Harbaugh is a Level I violation, the highest level, and he could face signficant recruiting restrictions and/or a multiple-game suspension as a result.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2023/01/136710/ncaa-alleges-numerous-violations-against-michigan-football-including-a-level-i-violation-against-jim-harbaugh

What a freaking joke. The NCAA is completely irrelevant now. It investigated this nonsense but ignores all the blatant bags o cash being handed out everywhere?  

The NCAA has no idea what NIL means or how to meaningfully distinguish between a true NIL program and a straight up bag man. So it ignores that and focuses on nonsense like zoom calls and analysts leaving games on time. What a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

No kidding. I haven’t seen one in Central Texas since the late 1970s.

I (and other neighborhood kids) used to play with a huge family of them that lived in some cedar trees in the yard of a neighbor on our street in Round Rock, TX from 1982-1991, then the ants just wiped them out and haven’t seen any since then. My BIL caught one not too long ago in west Texas but it feels like they are all but gone around here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If the Level 1 charge sticks, they could fire him with cause.  Or keep him and and rince/repeat the dance of him going/not going to the NFL every year.

ETA

I think they'll ignore it.  Harbaugh is a known quantity who has found them success.  You don't get rid of a guy like that just because he's a bit of a weenie.

Edited by Parliament

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Michigan should give this the respect and attention it deserves.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan