Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Dog shit but he beat the bucks and brought home some hardware 

Yep, he beat Ohio State. Finally. For the first time in 7 years and then he talked trash about it. That makes him 1-5 against his main rival. He’d be 1-6 if he hadn’t ducked out of the game last year. If he leaves now for the NFL then Michigan fans will never hear the end of it about how Harbaugh didn’t have the balls to face the Buckeyes in Columbus this year. But that’s assuming anyone in the NFL actually wants him. We still don’t know if it’s not just his agent trying to get back some of that salary cut he took in order to keep his job.

He’s a good coach but he’s definitely not as good as I thought he was before he took the Michigan job. (He’s also a lot weirder than I realized.) I thought he’d win at least one game against Urban. He’s certainly not as good at recruiting and developing QBs as I expected him to be. Nor at developing WRs. How did Donovan Peoples-Jones wind up not getting drafted until the 6th round? He was a 5-star coming in and look how he’s playing in the pros.

It’s good for the rivalry and good for the Big Ten if Michigan is good. But one win over OSU isn’t a trend. If Harbaugh can’t do it again then it was just a fluke. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep, he beat Ohio State. Finally. For the first time in 7 years and then he talked trash about it. That makes him 1-5 against his main rival. He’d be 1-6 if he hadn’t ducked out of the game last year. If he leaves now for the NFL then Michigan fans will never hear the end of it about how Harbaugh didn’t have the balls to face the Buckeyes in Columbus this year. But that’s assuming anyone in the NFL actually wants him. We still don’t know if it’s not just his agent trying to get back some of that salary cut he took in order to keep his job.

He’s a good coach but he’s definitely not as good as I thought he was before he took the Michigan job. (He’s also a lot weirder than I realized.) I thought he’d win at least one game against Urban. He’s certainly not as good at recruiting and developing QBs as I expected him to be. Nor at developing WRs. How did Donovan Peoples-Jones wind up not getting drafted until the 6th round? He was a 5-star coming in and look how he’s playing in the pros.

It’s good for the rivalry and good for the Big Ten if Michigan is good. But one win over OSU isn’t a trend. If Harbaugh can’t do it again then it was just a fluke. 

42-27

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

EA115C84-2370-45F6-9C0D-EE608DC134E8.gif.f1066d96dc79b4f2884348a927125b17.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

On 1/5/2022 at 6:06 PM, trza-hawk said:

Is their star Defensive End really going to be the #1 pick in the draft like Kiper says he will be, or did the Georgia game and later the combines and workouts will move him down.

He’s really good, should show excellent metrics in workouts and, as a local boy,  won’t fall past Detroit at #2. 

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I wonder how much Buckeye and Spartan boosters can raise to help Michigan pay him enough to stay in Ann Arbor? 

I certainly will miss him if he leaves 

#keepHarbough

I don’t care if they do tbh. I think last year was a one off. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:59 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

But that’s assuming anyone in the NFL actually wants him.

NFL teams regularly hire rejects from the Island of Misfit Toys as coaches but you question whether there will be interest in a guy who took a team to the Super Bowl? This is just part of your schtick right?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

NFL teams regularly hire rejects from the Island of Misfit Toys as coaches but you question whether there will be interest in a guy who took a team to the Super Bowl? This is just part of your schtick right?

Exactly. If Joe Judge can get a head coaching job then Jim Harbaugh definitely can.

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

The NFL would NEVER be interested in a guy who was 49-22-1 in the NFL with 3 consecutive NFL Championship game berths and a SB appearance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jim Harbaugh scheduled to come to Minnesota on Wednesday for an interview….On national signing day….

Yea he’s coming because he knows he’s got the job.

That's barely a thing anymore with the early signing period. 

But I do think he gone. 

after they stuck with him and did not just flat ass fire him and then he finally has a good season what an asshole

I mean sure you can say he might be pissed off about having his salary cut, but fuck he should have been flat ass fired

can you have sleepovers with NFL players or potential draft picks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

after they stuck with him and did not just flat ass fire him and then he finally has a good season what an asshole

I mean sure you can say he might be pissed off about having his salary cut, but fuck he should have been flat ass fired

can you have sleepovers with NFL players or potential draft picks?

He did UM a solid by staying. They would have paid out millions had he been canned, instead they had great season, paid him low amount and likely will receive a couple million when he takes an NFL job.  My guess is he was planning on leaving all along as the NFL openings coming up this year were expected to be many.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, markstanco said:

Today the talk was Miami. Something change with MN or Miami?

18 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Outside of some dork with a blue check from Chicago saying it’s Chicago, MN is the only team to talk to him unless I’m missing something

Owner of the Fins (Ross) is a big Michigan donor and want Harbaugh to stay in Ann Arbor. But if Harbaugh is going to take an NFL job, Ross will offer him the Miami job, or so it's said.

@MNLonghornFUKM Are you a Vikings fan? Is Harbaugh someone you'd want?

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan