Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

NCAA: you can pay the fuck out of recruits/athletes under the table for decades but just don't fucking have a zoom call during the dead period.

The NCAA can go fuck themselves…after Baylor and Penn State…I don’t really give a fuck. Michigan shouldn’t either. 

• Like 2

Aggy bought an entire draft class and just hired the shadiest guy in all of college football to go with their other scandalous jackass coach, but that smart kid university up north had better not be having any unauthorized Zoom calls or the entire force of the SEC, I mean NCAA, will be brought down on their yankee heads!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

There will be consequences because Michigan is the type of school to comply with the ncaa.  It’s not in their dna to tell them to fuck off or ignore them.  

This here... you comply or think they will help you if you are on the up and up with them is the only way to get hammered. If you act like an ass and fight them at every turn you'll probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist at most.  See Mizzou compared to LSU for recent sanction tactics and their resulting "penalties"

There will be consequences because Michigan is the type of school to comply with the ncaa.  It’s not in their dna to tell them to fuck off or ignore them.  

I definitely feel this. But also Michigan has a lot of clout to push the big ten to say see ya to the ncaa once they and the SEC have their 16 teams.

13 minutes ago, Juicy said:

So apparently Harbaughs level 1 violation was buying a recruit a hamburger fries and a shake during a visit….. and then the ncaa found a receipt and he said he didn’t recall it
4224df743c672c1038e5bce2edc43b36.jpg
7ff0a3888de15f79ff1745a9e301fd26.jpg

“The reason I pulled you over is that you didn’t signal your lane change when the guy going 170 got up on your bumper.”

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

If the Level 1 charge sticks, they could fire him with cause.  Or keep him and and rince/repeat the dance of him going/not going to the NFL every year.

ETA

I think they'll ignore it.  Harbaugh is a known quantity who has found them success.  You don't get rid of a guy like that just because he's a bit of a weenie.

Buckeye gonna buckeye. This is complete bullshit and you know if your shit cooler bucks were in the same spot you wouldn’t be saying “rules are rules”

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, PilotsError said:

The typical NCAA response,  they will penalize Eastern Michigan U with a 2 year bowl ban 

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

“The reason I pulled you over is that you didn’t signal your lane change when the guy going 170 got up on your bumper.”

Got one of these... Car pulled out in front of me on a motorcycle. I swerved around to avoid a wreck, and 50 hit the lights and let the other person go. Failure to signal lane change.

Bernard.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

28 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Got one of these... Car pulled out in front of me on a motorcycle. I swerved around to avoid a wreck, and 50 hit the lights and let the other person go. Failure to signal lane change.

Bernard.

I eventually stopped pulling over on my bike. I was younger then, and immortal. 

The upside is that it cemented the idea that other drivers want me dead. I passed that on to my kids. “They will hit you if you let them. Don’t let them. Expect them not to see you.” I get a text or call every couple of weeks about how one of them avoided a collision of some kind or another. 

15 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Buckeye gonna buckeye. This is complete bullshit and you know if your shit cooler bucks were in the same spot you wouldn’t be saying “rules are rules”

Jim Tressel ignored/covered up the allegations (later proven true) of five players trading gear for tats.  He was fired a few months after the proof of his involvement emerged.

32 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I’m sure that’s all he did to get Terrell Pryor 

If you’ve got an allegation of Tressel cheating at recruiting then share it. It would be a first. Otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes. As if it took any illegal inducement to convince Pryor to pick Ohio State over Joe Paterno and Penn State or Rich Rodriguez and Michigan. The most serious recruiting violations you’ll find under Tressel are things like giving a recruit a jersey or letting his mom make a long distance phone call on a university phone (cost: $7.93...the horror). Sure, make unfounded implications about OSU and pretend that Michigan only ever paid basketball players to attend that football school. Puh-lease.

The kind of infractions at OSU in the past two decades are pretty minor, all things considered. And most would be legal now under NIL rules. Pryor and the rest of the “Tat 5” traded memorabilia for cash and tattoos that totaled thousands of dollars. Four figures. Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting an offseason job, taking $400 up front, and then never getting called to report for work. Three figures. Some players got in trouble for appearing at a banquet up in Cleveland and getting reimbursed for the cost of gas. We’re talking two figures. Cha-ching! Total all of the illegal benefits received by Buckeye players this century and the sum is dwarfed by what Quinn Ewers made legally to come to Columbus for one season and hand the ball off a few times.

Buckeye fans used to get pissed because the athletic dept. kept self-reporting infractions and the team would suffer, all while watching Alabama recruits tweet photos of them holding wads of cash, and players posting photos of themselves with their fancy cars on Facebook, and nothing ever came of it. I’ve heard former Buckeyes report getting laughed at by their NFL teammates from SEC schools during the “Tattoogate” scandal telling them, “Y’all take that stuff way too seriously.”

But yeah, when Tressel signed his name to a paper in 2010 saying all his players were eligible when he knew they’d taken illegal benefits, his fate was sealed. He had to go. It’s unfortunate because he never should’ve been placed in that position in the first place and some of the responsibility lies with Gene Smith and changes he made to the compliance dept. after he replaced Andy Geiger. But that’s a discussion for another thread.

Regarding Harbaugh, I haven’t even looked to see what the allegations are yet so I can’t comment on that. 

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Juicy said:

So apparently Harbaughs level 1 violation was buying a recruit a hamburger fries and a shake during a visit….. and then the ncaa found a receipt and he said he didn’t recall it
4224df743c672c1038e5bce2edc43b36.jpg
7ff0a3888de15f79ff1745a9e301fd26.jpg

I don’t remember the prices at The Brown Jug being in Euros.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Jim Tressel ignored/covered up the allegations (later proven true) of five players trading gear for tats.  He was fired a few months after the proof of his involvement emerged.

Jim Tressel had been paying recruits since he started coaching at the college level. He was a well-known cheater (with a backer) and that's why he got the big promotion for small time ball. When the Ohio wonder, Urban Meyer, was available for hire, suddenly, in a very convenient manner, Tressel gets busted for some tiny infraction and then fired. He was, of course, replaced by Urban Meyer.  It was a fucking setup to get a better coach. When Tressel was their best option, shenanigans were covered up time and time again so he could bag the top regional recruits.

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Jim Tressel had been paying recruits since he started coaching at the college level. He was a well-known cheater (with a backer) and that's why he got the big promotion for small time ball. When the Ohio wonder, Urban Meyer, was available for hire, suddenly, in a very convenient manner, Tressel gets busted for some tiny infraction and then fired. He was, of course, replaced by Urban Meyer.  It was a fucking setup to get a better coach. When Tressel was their best option, shenanigans were covered up time and time again so he could bag the top regional recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If you’ve got an allegation of Tressel cheating at recruiting then share it. It would be a first. Otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes. As if it took any illegal inducement to convince Pryor to pick Ohio State over Joe Paterno and Penn State or Rich Rodriguez and Michigan. The most serious recruiting violations you’ll find under Tressel are things like giving a recruit a jersey or letting his mom make a long distance phone call on a university phone (cost: $7.93...the horror). Sure, make unfounded implications about OSU and pretend that Michigan only ever paid basketball players to attend that football school. Puh-lease.

The kind of infractions at OSU in the past two decades are pretty minor, all things considered. And most would be legal now under NIL rules. Pryor and the rest of the “Tat 5” traded memorabilia for cash and tattoos that totaled thousands of dollars. Four figures. Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting an offseason job, taking $400 up front, and then never getting called to report for work. Three figures. Some players got in trouble for appearing at a banquet up in Cleveland and getting reimbursed for the cost of gas. We’re talking two figures. Cha-ching! Total all of the illegal benefits received by Buckeye players this century and the sum is dwarfed by what Quinn Ewers made legally to come to Columbus for one season and hand the ball off a few times.

Buckeye fans used to get pissed because the athletic dept. kept self-reporting infractions and the team would suffer, all while watching Alabama recruits tweet photos of them holding wads of cash, and players posting photos of themselves with their fancy cars on Facebook, and nothing ever came of it. I’ve heard former Buckeyes report getting laughed at by their NFL teammates from SEC schools during the “Tattoogate” scandal telling them, “Y’all take that stuff way too seriously.”

But yeah, when Tressel signed his name to a paper in 2010 saying all his players were eligible when he knew they’d taken illegal benefits, his fate was sealed. He had to go. It’s unfortunate because he never should’ve been placed in that position in the first place and some of the responsibility lies with Gene Smith and changes he made to the compliance dept. after he replaced Andy Geiger. But that’s a discussion for another thread.

Regarding Harbaugh, I haven’t even looked to see what the allegations are yet so I can’t comment on that. 

Bullfuckingshit! The guy has a track record dating to his time at Youngstown State, before he was even hired by tOSU. Get that fucking nonsense out of here. It's like asking for proof that Saban, Kirby, Cristobal and Jimbo pay players

• Haha 1

One of many issues with Tressel. I know of many more that can't be proven on some message board. I called out tOSU the moment they hired this scumbag. I also called it when the tiniest of infractions became such a big deal. They wanted Urban Meyer and they were going to get him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/220143-jim-tressel-the-youngstown-state-scandal-revisited

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

You got a link or something?  

Man like someone said it’s like pulling out a link for every time Saban smart or dabo cheat. The kid was driving a z350. I believe he had other cars too.  Give me a break 

12 minutes ago, JMFP said:

America Jack Coming To America GIF - America Jack Coming To America Mr  Mcdowell - Discover & Share GIFs

Royal mick with cheese 

On 1/6/2023 at 5:39 PM, Juicy said:

I definitely feel this. But also Michigan has a lot of clout to push the big ten to say see ya to the ncaa once they and the SEC have their 16 teams.

A Texas violation back in the filthy last years of the SWC was for a coach lending money to Marcus Dupre to buy a pair of boots he liked on a visit here. I don't recall anyone ever contesting it was anything other than a loan.

Of course, the barely-eluded-the-death-penalty Aggies point to our violation as though we were the ones sending FedEx boxes of cash to recruits.

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

How can Michigan make this go away pay him stupid money in a new contract again?

Yes. I think so but he’s a weird guy. It’s not money or power with michigan because he clearly has it all. It’s about winning at the highest level and that last time he tried to do it not only did he lose the SB but it was against his brother. That would sting for any competitive guy. He’s wired different then most 

So stupid like it used to be with Saban or Urban (not that Harbaugh is on his level).

NFL types put out info to try and spin the situation in the light most favorable to the NFL/teams. Now that Harbaugh has an agent instead of repping himself, his agent is playing the game, too.

So Michigan has completely flopped on using NIL to bring in recruits. They keep preaching a "transformational, not transactional" experience, but they have knocked it out of the park with using NIL to get mid round talent back the next year. 

Would I love getting some recruits (and not losing two 5* QBs within 12 miles of campus to UCLA and ND) from NIL absolutely but I feel like this is a much better strategy in the long run. Michigan is going to return almost their entire O-Line (except OLU who couldn't stay) and then transfers in a guy from Stanford who was a Rimmington finalist.

This team should absolutely be better than last year, and with the two headed monster of Corum and The Don are going to play bully ball all year long until the O$U game. 

Not Harbaugh specific but Michigan related

Michigan's Matt Weiss put on leave amid police investigation

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35468783/michigan-matt-weiss-put-leave-amid-police-investigation

Spoiler

Michigan co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss has been placed on leave, according to an athletic department spokesman, as the school's police department told ESPN it is investigating a "report of computer access crimes" that occurred in December at the team's football facility.

The University of Michigan police department acknowledged in a statement to ESPN on Tuesday night that it is investigating a potential crime at Schembechler Hall. The police released the statement to ESPN when asked specifically about an investigation into Weiss, although the statement doesn't acknowledge anyone by name.

The spokesman said that Weiss has not been with the team or in the building recently. Sources told ESPN that Weiss has not been on the road recruiting for the Wolverines.

A police spokesperson said the department couldn't share any additional information because the investigation is ongoing.

In a statement to ESPN, Weiss said: "I am aware of the ongoing investigation by the University of of Michigan Police Department and fully cooperating with investigators. I look forward to the matter being resolved. Out of respect for the integrity of the investigation, I will not have any further comment."

Last week, a neighbor of Weiss' in Ann Arbor told ESPN that several unmarked cars showed up outside Weiss' home in what appeared to be some type of police presence. (The neighbor declined to be named.) The search of his home is believed to be tied to the University of Michigan Police investigation, according to sources.

"The University of Michigan Police Department is investigating a report of computer access crimes that occurred at Schembechler Hall during December 21-23, 2022," University of Michigan deputy chief of police Crystal James said in the statement. "Since this is an ongoing investigation there is no additional information to share."

Weiss, 39, is a 2005 Vanderbilt graduate with a degree in economics, human and organizational development. He also has a graduate degree in liberal arts from Stanford.

Weiss just completed his second season as an assistant coach at Michigan, both of which ended with the Wolverines in the College Football Playoff. He arrived in 2021 as the quarterbacks coach and helped the Wolverines improve to 12-2 from 2-4 the prior year.

Weiss' contract includes an $850,000 base salary for the 2022 season, when he was promoted to co-offensive coordinator, that is projected to total nearly $1.25 million because of bonuses. That's nearly double the $600,000 he made his during first season there in 2021.

For 2022, the additional $400,000 in bonuses came because Michigan finished in the Top 2 in the Big Ten in scoring ($100,000), Top 10 in the FBS in scoring ($100,000) and had four wins more than eight in the regular season ($200,000). His contract has two additional years remaining, both at the same $850,000 base salary, and runs through Jan. 10 of 2025. The contract's "for cause" firing provisions include "conviction of the coach of any criminal offense involving fraud; or conviction of any felony; or commission of any act which results in material injury to the reputation of the university." It also has a conduct clause for morality, which is typical in coaching contracts.

Weiss' promotion to co-offensive coordinator for the 2022 season included sharing the play-calling role. He remained the quarterbacks coach and oversaw the development of J.J. McCarthy into one of the season's breakout stars.

In 2020, before Weiss' arrival, Michigan finished No. 78 in total offense during the COVID-19 shortened season. In 2019, they were No. 68. Michigan finished in the Top 25 in each of the last two seasons, showcasing a balanced offense with the NFL tenets of a powerful run game setting up play-action pass.

From 2009 through 2020, Weiss held multiple roles with the Baltimore Ravens - defensive assistant (2009-13), linebackers coach (2014), cornerbacks (2015), assistant quarterbacks (2016-17), assistant wide receivers/football strategy coordinator (2018) and running backs coach (2019-2020).

His four years at Stanford as a graduate assistant (2005-2008) featured two years under Walt Harris and two under Jim Harbaugh. He left Stanford in 2009 to be the head coach's assistant at the Baltimore Ravens for John Harbaugh, who arrived there as head coach in 2008.

Weiss is a Connecticut native who began his coaching career in suburban Nashville at Smyrna High School.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan