Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ohio State was noticeably faster than Michigan today. If you can’t see that, then there’s nothing to discuss with you because you are either so myopic that you can’t have a reasonable discussion, or you don’t know a fucking thing about the sport. 

Jim Harbaugh is a loudmouthed version of Mack Brown. He’s all hat and no cattle when it comes to getting shit done in a rivalry. They were outclassed in every way today. They got punched in the mouth and they shit themselves and sobbed in the fetal position, rocking in a corner, while Ohio State buttfucked their girlfriend on the couch. You should be ashamed as a fan. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In story that follows...... Just Change:

Wash Defensive Coordinator to........ Ohio State DC

Wash State to............ Michigan

Afterward, Huskies defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake let everyone know — again — just how little he thinks of Washington State’s offensive system.

“We know what type of offense we’re playing,” said Lake, who has made a tradition of mocking Mike Leach’s Air Raid scheme after each of these Apple Cup drubbings. “They do the same thing, year in and year out. This is five years in a row now, so it makes it real easy to game plan when an offense does the same thing every year.

“Obviously now with the conditions, and they only can do one thing, that probably handcuffs you a little bit. It was definitely to our advantage, and we took advantage of it.”

Washington State’s offense, he said, looked the same as it did in each of the previous four matchups, all of which were decided by at least 18 points.

“Exactly the same,” Lake said. “It makes it real easy forus. Next year, maybe he’ll throw a little curveball. But it makes it very easy when you know what you’re going to get, so it’s awesome.”

And in one more shot at Leach, Lake remarked, “In what I read about the head football coach here, he does things a bit different way. Hopefully, he remains here for a longtime.”

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kid's a 3*.  He really thought Jim Harbaugh was giving a 3* a full ride?  That's on you dude.

Reminds me of "13 Days" when the Kennedy's accepted the first conditions from the Russians over Cuban missiles even though they had received a second set that was totally contradictory to the first conditions and just ignored them, because they liked the first conditions better.

I don't think Jimmy will take the bait, as UM has a chance to step out of the shadow of tOSU for the 1st time in what seems like a decade...

Jets plan to make a run at Jim Harbaugh
Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2018, 9:40 PM EST

Getty Images
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has said he’s staying put. That won’t keep at least one NFL team from trying to lure him back.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/23/jets-plan-to-make-a-run-at-jim-harbaugh/

I don't think Jimmy will take the bait, as UM has a chance to step out of the shadow of tOSU for the 1st time in what seems like a decade...

Jets plan to make a run at Jim Harbaugh
Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2018, 9:40 PM EST
Getty Images
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has said he’s staying put. That won’t keep at least one NFL team from trying to lure him back.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/23/jets-plan-to-make-a-run-at-jim-harbaugh/

Ok, cool
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

JETS???  Not sure Jim Harbaugh's shtick would play well in New York or the NFL anymore.  His offensive system no longer would sell tickets like the Rams or KC.  Because of his goofy, annoying, grating personality he is better suited for CFB where the roster keeps turning over every 3-4 yrs. Harbaugh doesn't stay anywhere very long either.

Don't do it Jets.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

JETS???  Not sure Jim Harbaugh's shtick would play well in New York or the NFL anymore.  His offensive system no longer would sell tickets like the Rams or KC.  Because of his goofy, annoying, grating personality he is better suited for CFB where the roster keeps turning over every 3-4 yrs. Harbaugh doesn't stay anywhere very long either.

Don't do it Jets.

Jimmy would get roasted in New York with an outcome similar to what happened in Columbus this year...

Harby has the natives in Michigan restless.  Just had a new gator coach in 1st year dismantle the whimperines....

Blue is horrible on offense..... not enough athletes to score many points.  They are too slow, and don't use enough 3-wide formations and rpo's to compete in today's higher scoring CFB.

Edited by LTtxfan

8 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Just wait...this off-season they’re gonna work on getting bigger on the lines and developing their power running game! They’ll be tough!

That could work, as long as the Wolverines don't face the Crimson Tide offense in any bowl next year...

It still blows my mind that in four years of Harbaugh's tenure at UM he hasn't recruited an elite QB. He's had five different starters at the position, two of them transfers, and they all suck. Jake Rudock, the grad transfer from freaking Iowa in Harbaugh's first year, may have been the best of the lot. 

I figured Jim would probably sign the #1 ranked pro-style QB in the nation in his first or second year by telling them he recruited and developed Andrew Luck and that he'd do the same for them. Heading into 2019 he should have an experienced senior QB who's on everyone's Heisman watch list. With his history at SDSU, Stanford, and the 49ers, how could he not recruit some golden boy from California to run his offense? Especially with USC being down. Has there been no stud from Mater Dei available? 

I'm not complaining. But I am scratching my head. I don't get it. 

Watching them against OSU and again against Florida, UMs players looked like they were running in mud against elite athletes. Especially against OSU. The quality of athletes they put on the field is  substandard. Shea Patterson at QB was laughable to begin with after watching him play multiple times before he transferred.

6 minutes ago, bornbama1 said:

Watching them against OSU and again against Florida, UMs players looked like they were running in mud against elite athletes. Especially against OSU. The quality of athletes they put on the field is  substandard. Shea Patterson at QB was laughable to begin with after watching him play multiple times before he transferred.

Harby needs a stud OC hire to save his ass the same way Riley saved stoops butt at BlowU...... Then recruit more SPEED & QUICKNESS on Offense.

If Michigan doesn't get out of the 1970's with their 3 TE sets and embrace the 7x7 Offenses and athletes, BLUE will continue to SUCK.....

Edited by LTtxfan

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It still blows my mind that in four years of Harbaugh's tenure at UM he hasn't recruited an elite QB. He's had five different starters at the position, two of them transfers, and they all suck. Jake Rudock, the grad transfer from freaking Iowa in Harbaugh's first year, may have been the best of the lot. 

I figured Jim would probably sign the #1 ranked pro-style QB in the nation in his first or second year by telling them he recruited and developed Andrew Luck and that he'd do the same for them. Heading into 2019 he should have an experienced senior QB who's on everyone's Heisman watch list. With his history at SDSU, Stanford, and the 49ers, how could he not recruit some golden boy from California to run his offense? Especially with USC being down. Has there been no stud from Mater Dei available? 

I'm not complaining. But I am scratching my head. I don't get it. 

I'm right there with you.  Befuddling.

20 minutes ago, alincoln said:

There is no reason to believe that UM is going to overtake or even get close to OSU because Urban left.  Day is probably going to run a more aggressive/innovative offense than Urban. 

If he doesn't do anything to fix the defense, that won't matter. Sure, they scored 62 on Michigan. That's great. But they gave up 39 points. And that was one of their better performances. Wholesale changes need to be made to the defensive coaching staff or Day's tenure as head coach at OSU might be short. 

A coach like Harbaugh at a program like Michigan is hell , just good enough and high profile enough that he makes you think “who could we really get that’s a sure thing better?”. But never going to be able to get the program to that next step where they are a legit title National Title contender, let alone beat their rival on a regular basis.

im neutral on Michigan , but I really don’t envy the spot their in with him. To me having a wacky coach is fine pending you get results commiserate with the level you should be at. See Leach at Wazzu for example, his wackyness fits and the success he has brought is more than reasonable for a program like Washington State. 

If they tossed him , who is out there that legitimately could get them over the hump? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

A coach like Harbaugh at a program like Michigan is hell , just good enough and high profile enough that he makes you think “who could we really get that’s a sure thing better?”. But never going to be able to get the program to that next step where they are a legit title National Title contender, let alone beat their rival on a regular basis.

im neutral on Michigan , but I really don’t envy the spot their in with him. To me having a wacky coach is fine pending you get results commiserate with the level you should be at. See Leach at Wazzu for example, his wackyness fits and the success he has brought is more than reasonable for a program like Washington State. 

If they tossed him , who is out there that legitimately could get them over the hump? 

Like Richt at Georgia. You could always count on him to lose at least one important game a year. It took 15 years for them to fire him.

• Like 1

I generally like Michigan because it's a really good school and it seems like a clean-ish program. And I have to come to appreciate Harbaugh's weirdness because it is entertaining. As such, I hope he gets them over the tOSU hump. 

Someone made a Mack Brown comp earlier - there are some similarities there, but Mack ended up getting the monkey off his back after plenty of us were tired of him following that Wash St Holiday Bowl during VY's freshman year. The program went on a pretty dominant run after that game from 04-09 (69-9; 4-2 vs OU; 4 BCS games; 1 title). 

All that is to say that it is probably too soon to write Harbaugh off. At the very least he has stabilized that program. He is a good QB away from taking another step (a la Mack). 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan