Houston @ Oklahoma 6:30PM ABC

Constant

Houston has some talented athletes and a decent line on offense.  My takeaway is that OUs defense is improved.   They have a little more speed on D and they are more aggressive with their reads.  We will need to come in as the more physical team again to neutralize the speed.  I like what Houston did with the screen game.   That’s always been a strong point of Holgorsons offenses.  I would have tried to establish the run earlier though.

They look the same on offense except their line isn’t quite as good.   Hurts is much better on broken plays than he is on set reads.  He’s like a Sam who runs a 4.4.  Keeping him in the pocket will be key just like against Murray.

Plenty to clean up. Was impressed with Car and Stevenson from UH. 

The defense is going to be a year long project but there were some positives, at times, that I haven’t seen in a while. 

Always fun averaging more than a first down per play offensively. 

Edited by Constant

16 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Someday OU is going to run out of rent-a-quarterbacks.

not with the portal. they will have to come up snake eyes with the rent a QB or have an injury. 

All the high level QB's out of HS are going to basically have a list of 5 or so schools to go to, pick one and then keep the other schools warm while they are trying to win the job where they are.

8 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

And ask them to go find their trashiest cousins. Then they get inducted into the fraternal brotherhood called the rufneks.

Ruth Ann and Lynn they wear them cut off britches and those skinny little halters
And they're second cousins to me
Man I don't care, I want to get between 'em
With a great big ol' hardon like a old bois d' arc fence post
You could hang a pipe rail gate from 
Do some sister twisters 'til the cows come home 
And we'd be havin' us a time, havin' us a time.

Edited by Tex Long

I’m a little concerned with the “their defense is a joke/we’re gonna work them in October” speak.

Fuck OU, but there’s a game in less than a week against a team that plays well on the road, coach is a psycho, and to be honest, a win in Austin prolongs his career at least another year. Trust me, I want Texas to mud-hole LSU into Bolivia, but overlooking a team is one of UT’s downfalls. Let OU continue to win, but more importantly, Texas needs to continue to win. In a perfect world, Texas and OU show up to face each other with BOTH teams undefeated.

That would be badass. But the whole, we’re gonna curb-stomp the sooners talk is what sometimes bites you in the ass if you don’t focus on the week ahead. Or, if you’re like me, just extremely superstitious, and recognize the fact that the October game against OU is a fucking bloodbath. And it’s one that nobody is guaranteed to win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

I’m a little concerned with the “their defense is a joke/we’re gonna work them in October” speak.

Fuck OU, but there’s a game in less than a week against a team that plays well on the road, coach is a psycho, and to be honest, a win in Austin prolongs his career at least another year. Trust me, I want Texas to mud-hole LSU into Bolivia, but overlooking a team is one of UT’s downfalls. Let OU continue to win, but more importantly, Texas needs to continue to win. In a perfect world, Texas and OU show up to face each other with BOTH teams undefeated.

That would be badass. But the whole, we’re gonna curb-stomp the sooners talk is what sometimes bites you in the ass if you don’t focus on the week ahead. Or, if you’re like me, just extremely superstitious, and recognize the fact that the October game against OU is a fucking bloodbath. And it’s one that nobody is guaranteed to win.

I'd agree with this if it were Okie lite, but Herman has his team's show up for big time games. RRR, Sugar Bowl. LSU is playing into Texas' strengths. They won't be able to go to ou's speed, and their defense will give up points. Their vaunted defense gave up 10 catches for 181 and like 2 TD's to Hardy last year. Our frosh DB didn't allow him to have a catch until the 3rd quarter. LSU is a big game, but they're not some juggernaut like Clemson/Bama. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

The only takeaway I have from this game is that Kyler Murray is as dumb as a box of rocks. At first I thought he was just nervous being in front of the camera but no, he got an OU education for sure and it shows in his interviews.

I take it you hadn't seen this marvelous bit of elocution yet: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/01/kyler-murray-dan-patrick-football-baseball-interview-video

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

yes, the internet forum is meaningless, but there's a chance that the players themselves watched this game, right before LSU week and this CAN be distracting.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Are you seriously worried that the football team might be overlooking LSU based on what is being posted on a fan internet message board?

No. I was leaning more towards my superstition and the potential jinxing of the game ahead. Just the baseball player in me I guess. Sorry if I made you feel differently, it was just my opinion.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

The only takeaway I have from this game is that Kyler Murray is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

Kyler Murray makes Brian Bosworth look like Stephen Hawking.

And they're both douchebags.

And so is Jalen Hurts.  Some of y'all need to stop giving him a free pass because he's new to ou.  He could've transferred damn near anywhere and he chose that cheating cesspool.  So fuck him twice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Kyler Murray makes Brian Bosworth look like Stephen Hawking.

And they're both douchebags.

And so is Jalen Hurts.  Some of y'all need to stop giving him a free pass because he's new to ou.  He could've transferred damn near anywhere and he chose that cheating cesspool.  So fuck him twice.

To be fair, he just went from one cheating cesspool to another. Alabama and OU have a lot in common. 

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

yea that is about where I have them too

loss to Texas, loss to ISU, loss to Baylor and a surprise loss to a team like Tech, TCU, or KSU

then a bowl win hopefully against an 8 win aggy

Are you on drugs? They’re a lock for the Big 12 championship. That school is a (regular season) football winning, dick-chugging machine. I imagine we’ll be playing them twice a year for a while. 

It is going to be hilarious watching Kyler loft ducks over NFL 10 NFL linemen who are at least 8 inches taller than he is on every play. If he cant escape the pocket and see downfield, most likely his pass will be a duck or knocked down easily at the line of scrimmage.

He looked like a freaking high school recruit next to his team mates last night.

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Lol at Hurts in the postgame interview.  He’s used to Nick Saban defenses at Bama and keeps talking about how sloppy the game was.  That wasn’t all faux humility.  He knows that defense is fucked.  

He also knows he won't make it through the season healthy behind that line.  Right about now he's looking for any loophole that would allow him to portal his way to Florida. 

Some aggy type replies up in here. OU looks the same as last year. Primed for another playoff let down. Hurts looks damn good 6 tds and a 1000 yard of offense. Sure  the nay sayers will say it was UH but don’t act like we didn’t play a cup cake. Their offense is designed for him. Fuck the meth heads but hurts looked better than I wanted and that fucking sucks I wanted him to flop and suck shit like everyone said. They lose 2 games this year Max and that’s to us 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Some aggy type replies up in here. OU looks the same as last year. Primed for another playoff let down. Hurts looks damn good 6 tds and a 1000 yard of offense. Sure  the nay sayers will say it was UH but don’t act like we didn’t play a cup cake. Their offense is designed for him. Fuck the meth heads but hurts looked better than I wanted and that fucking sucks I wanted him to flop and suck shit like everyone said. They lose 2 games this year Max and that’s to us 

I think Okie lite gives them a game. It's not a gimme right now. 

51 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I just don't see Hurts in the same way we did Murray and Mayfield, plus their defense is still shitty. I can see Okie lite pulling the upset. 

I’m sure Gundy would love to get to 3-12 against OU on the back of you being able to see it. 

42 minutes ago, Constant said:

I’m sure Gundy would love to get to 3-12 against OU on the back of you being able to see it. 

No doubt ou owns Okie lite, but right now i can see it as a shootout. Hurts isn't special, and your defense is putrid. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that they could pull the upset. I mean, even Charlie Strong beat y'all, and he's a potato. Sometimes you just get lucky. 

21 hours ago, dcar00 said:

not with the portal. they will have to come up snake eyes with the rent a QB or have an injury. 

All the high level QB's out of HS are going to basically have a list of 5 or so schools to go to, pick one and then keep the other schools warm while they are trying to win the job where they are.

Georgia has 3 recruits starting at ranked teams.  One at Georgia, one at Ohio St., one at Washington.