Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

FYI 

459th District Court

1000 Guadalupe, Room 501
Austin, TX 78701

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble is a great judge and doesn’t really take any bullshit.  

edit to add: fuck Alex Jones hope they fry his ass

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Had the livestream running in the background for a while this afternoon. The defense counsel is an idiot. He objects way too often and most of his objections are blowing up in his face in spectacular style. 

For example, the plaintiff’s attorney became frustrated with InfoWars’ corporate representative’s speculative answers and said “I’m not interested in what you WOULD do. I want you to answer what you actually did.” Defense attorney objected, complaining that opposing counsel was instructing the witness. The judge sustained the objection and said “You are right that HE can’t tell the witness how to answer. But I will. *turns to witness* You will answer as to what you actually know and only what you actually know.” 

Always fun to have your sustained objection result in the Court adopting opposing counsel’s position as its own. Oops!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gourmand said:

Jayzus. I just read this and if the whole tragedy wasn't already, well, a tragedy, the above exchange (aka some people are saying....) is spot on like reading a Monty Python skit arguing about whether the parrot is really dead and the evil thing is that both those men know the truth and they're feeding into the callers' crazy delusions. Monty Python is funny, but these two? Ugh.

I don't see how Jones' actions can be rationalized. He went after grieving parents with a bombastic campaign of lies.

I've seen how people with children react to the killing of a small child. Whatever prejudices some of the jurors may have going in, I'd be surprised to see them resist this argument of pain and suffering and defamation.

But my predictions about what Americans will do are just about always wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s already guilty, just tying to show how much he gained with his little act ?

This is a damages trial. The court sanctioned Info Wars for repeated refusals to comply with court orders during discovery. As a result, Info Wars was found liable and the only question is how much it must pay the defendants to compensate for the harm it caused. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I tuned into the live stream just in time to watch Jones’s attorney do the lawyer equivalent of simultaneously shitting and pissing himself before the Court, fucking up an evidentiary hearing so bad that he was ordered to review the Texas disciplinary rules tonight. Glorious. 

Can you elaborate or direct to some video?

Found it. https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/live-alex-jones-sandy-hook-trial-texas-17327187.php?src=nthpdesecp

Apparently, Jones' counsel called plaintiffs counsel a liar or dishonest and flipped him off, in the court room, but outside the presence of the judge and jury.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, Bookman said:

He asked for a continuance the day of the trial and the judge said no. He shit his pants right there. I felt so bad for him.

The guy was sick and that was why he wanted a continuance?  Or he got sick at having been denied one?

I had an interpleader case called for trial in a Dallas County Court at Law back when they were notorious for not granting continuances for any reason.  But one party hadn't answered, so I had moved for a continuance.  Motherfuckers answered the day before without serving me.  I could have shit my pants.  But I was ready to go, pretty much, despite not having been able to do any discovery on the non-answering party.  And it settled, anyway.

Also, my lawyer's AA group got referrals from various sources for people who might be having issues.  We got one from a local judge who reported that a lawyer whipped out his dick in court and pissed all over some papers on opposing counsel's table.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can you elaborate or direct to some video?

Found it. https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/live-alex-jones-sandy-hook-trial-texas-17327187.php?src=nthpdesecp

Apparently, Jones' counsel called plaintiffs counsel a liar or dishonest and flipped him off, in the court room, but outside the presence of the judge and jury.

Jones’s counsel called the plaintiff’s lawyer “dishonest” in front of the judge after the jury was dismissed for the day, which is why she instructed him to review the disciplinary rules and come back ready to “back up” that allegation.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I trusted a fart. So sue me.

I didn't really know one of my great grandfathers, but when I have asked other family members about him, multiple times the first thing that came to mind is that "he always said never trust a fart." 

Edited by Pods
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Jones’s counsel called the plaintiff’s lawyer “dishonest” in front of the judge after the jury was dismissed for the day, which is why she instructed him to review the disciplinary rules and come back ready to “back up” that allegation.

When I had a trial in front of this judge earlier this year, she often times cut off any of defense’s bs immediately.  Like I said previously, this judge ain’t bout the bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's really funny. I used to call Jones my "canary in a coal mine". My thought was always that I would never believe or internalize any of the nonsense he said, but if they ever tried to shut him up, then that meant we were in trouble. I thought his persecution would be a sign of the rise of fascism.

I never realized that there might come a time where people took him seriously. I was so naive. Now I can't wait to see him destitute.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Pods said:

I didn't really know one of my great grandfathers, but when I have asked other family members about him, multiple times the first thing that came to mind is that "he always said never trust a fart." 

This is the wisdom of the ages ... your great grandfather speaking to you from the grave.  You'd be wise to heed the advice of the ancients.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

They're like dealing with goddam children.  There's a reason these are mostly yes no questions.  Just following what Roger Stone laid down until accountability is fully applied to the party of law and order.

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Did he really say 'We will green dead worlds?" because I'm pretty sure that's part of the problem now.  I really wish they'd green this one unless he's talking only about grift and money.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

What restaurant in Austin is letting him broadcast his drivel from their establishment?

Doesn’t look like it, but I would have said Chili’s, because holy fuck the alt-right/prepper crowd lost their shit during the pandemic when the Chili’s dining rooms were closed.   That and lack of access to SuperCuts seemed to have broken those people.