Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

https://news.avclub.com/angry-old-man-uwe-boll-challenges-angrier-old-man-alex-1825104154?rev=1523294271623&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Accompanied by a very good video where Boll, wearing a House of Pain hoodie, rips on Jones’ hateful conspiracy mongering for a bit over six goddamn minutes, the tweets chronicle the urge of one man who, despite hosting a Twitter avatar featuring his face with a hastily photoshopped blunt hanging from the lips, is no longer interested in peaceful solutions. Come for the director of Rampage: President Down taunting Jones with The Room-esque chicken noises; stay for him referring to the Infowars star as a “Baby Ruuth lookin mothafucka [sic].”

Whaddaya reckon he does for fun? I mean his schtick is clearly an act, like WWE wrestler or a tv preacher. He’s good at it so I can’t blame the guy for using his gift to make a living. But do you think he has regular buddies he plays golf with or goes on fishing trips or vacations or whatever? I mean he can’t be like that 24/7 right?

10 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Whaddaya reckon he does for fun? I mean his schtick is clearly an act, like WWE wrestler or a tv preacher. He’s good at it so I can’t blame the guy for using his gift to make a living. But do you think he has regular buddies he plays golf with or goes on fishing trips or vacations or whatever? I mean he can’t be like that 24/7 right?

Ted Dibiase aka the Million Dollar Man of wrestling fame, was required to act like his character at anytime he was in public.  So why wouldn't Mr. Jones act like that at all times?  Throw in human psychology and if one were to continue acting in a certain method for  long periods of time, they can and have taken ownership of the character through internalization and separation of their self-identity.  

End of the day, he's nothing but entertainment and a shock-jock who leverages some truths to create hype, fear, etc.

Let's all make some guesses as to who will play AJ in the bio pic.  You all know it's eventually gonna be made.

& As to the "what's he like off camera" + "what does he do for fun", can you imagine him on a boat, 50 miles offshore & hooks into a big whatever... "AAAAAAA!  I'm reeling this fish!  I'm going to drag it from the primordial depths of the briny deep & after hours and hours and hours of laborious effort, I WILL boat this fish!  I WILL filet it, from the tail of this fish all the way through it's soul & to the edge of the gill flap!  I will make many, many meals from this ocean dwelling creature!!!"

Watched the whole meltdown video. I wonder if he hawks pills as a cover story to explain his extravagant lifestyle, and actually has a Russian oligarch backing him. He actually called the Russians the white knights of the middle east lol.

History will look back at 1990s Austin Public Access as a cultural zenith with Alex Jones and Reverend Ricky as its standard bearer performance artists. The shocking thing isn't that Alex Jones has a cultural impact, but that the Reverend faded into obscurity. I think history will judge Ricky as truly transcendent and innovative artist.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

History will look back at 1990s Austin Public Access as a cultural zenith with Alex Jones and Reverend Ricky as its standard bearer performance artists. The shocking thing isn't that Alex Jones has a cultural impact, but that the Reverend faded into obscurity. I think history will judge Ricky as truly transcendent and innovative artist.

Viva Wulf Zendik!  

• Like 1

More lawsuits, filed in Austin. We might get a front-row seat. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sandy-hook-parents-hit-alex-jones-with-defamation-lawsuits_us_5acf6a6de4b0ac383d74bfe1

Alex Jones has spent years claiming the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School ― where a shooter killed 20 small children and six adults ― was faked. He has claimed the parents of these dead children are liars and “crisis actors.”

Now, those parents are coming after him.

In a pair of lawsuits filed late Monday, the parents of two children who died in the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, say Jones’ repeated lies and conspiratorial ravings have led to death threats. The suits join at least two other recent cases accusing the Infowars host of defamatio

Neil Heslin, the father of a 6-year-old boy killed in the shooting, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, who lost their own little boy, filed the suits in Austin, Texas, where Jones’ conspiracy-minded media outlet is based. Each suit is seeking more than $1 million in damages from Jones, Infowars and a related company, Free Speech Systems LLC. Infowars reporter Owen Shroyer is also named in one of the suits.

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them,” Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost. “And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

Bankston, of the Houston law firm Farrar & Ball, is also involved in another defamation suit against Jones, representing a man whom Infowars incorrectly identified as the Parkland, Florida, school shooter.

Infowars, Jones and Shroyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment

As entertaining as Jones is, between this and his divorce, hopefully this wipes him out. 

5 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Charlatan, buffoon and idiot. If Alex Jones had ever either done something or said something useful in his career on the airwaves, I would have remembered it.

Bohemian Grove.  That’s it.  

That and I came across Rev. Ricky Sparkman because of him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I hope they take him for everything he's got. 

I hope he's fucking homeless by the time they're done with him. A lot of the bullshit he's peddled can be argued to have been vague enough that it didn't directly hurt anybody, but the shit he pulled with the Sandy Hook families was unconscionable.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I hope he's fucking homeless by the time they're done with him. A lot of the bullshit he's peddled can be argued to have been vague enough that it didn't directly hurt anybody, but the shit he pulled with the Sandy Hook families was unconscionable.

This.  Morally reprehensible, and utterly indefensible.

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bohemian Grove.  That’s it.  

BG wasn't exactly groundbreaking stuff, especially considering that Phillip Weiss already covered that over a decade before.

Besides, if you didn't already think that there were places where really rich fucks went off and dived knee deep into continuous debauchery (especially given that Eyes Wide Shut premiered about a year before Jones went in there), then you were really turning a blind eye.