Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

I

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

I couldn't find out much about him but I saw this:

Safeties Quentin Lake, Qwuantrezz Knight and DJ Warnell, plus cornerbacks Jay Shaw, Cameron Johnson and Obi Eboh left after the 2021 season.

I don't think I would have guessed this as the way to spell his name even if given 10 tries.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure why Deal is so set on playing DL. Just going to waste a year or two of development before he inevitably switches to the other side of the ball. Dude would be a first round pick on the OL. You would think with his dad being a coach he would have pointed him that direction by now.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not sure why Deal is so set on playing DL. Just going to waste a year or two of development before he inevitably switches to the other side of the ball. Dude would be a first round pick on the OL. You would think with his dad being a coach he would have pointed him that direction by now.

Same. Not sure what his deal is

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Maybe we could recruit him for both DL and OL and let it be dealer's choice

Texas has done that and it doesnt always work. Guy like Deal is probably a solid DL recruit, but not an elite guy that he is at OL. IF you have to move him back, that is a couple wasted years of development and skill atrophy at the ideal position. 

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Texas has done that and it doesnt always work. Guy like Deal is probably a solid DL recruit, but not an elite guy that he is at OL. IF you have to move him back, that is a couple wasted years of development and skill atrophy at the ideal position. 

I agree, I just wanted to make the joke

ATH Collins Acheampong makes a few tweaks to his June visit schedule
GREG BIGGINS

👀 👀 

"Texas offered me first and I’m leaning towards locking that visit in with them for the 17th ... "

Spoiler

ATH Collins Acheampong makes a few tweaks to his June visit schedule
GREG BIGGINS

Defensive end/tight end Collins Acheampong highlights from the Under Armour Camp in Mission Viejo

Anaheim (Calif.) Fairmont Preparatory Academy athlete Collins Acheampong has made a few more changes to his visit list ahead of his July 1st commitment date.

Back in April, Acheampong narrowed his list to Miami, Michigan, Oregon, UCLA, USC and Washington. In early May, LSU was added to his list, and now you can add Florida and Texas as well.

“I’m going to take an official visit to LSU June 3,” Acheampong said. “I’ve always liked LSU and they have really picked things up in my recruitment over the last couple of months.

“We have good communication and I told them when I first cut my list that I was still interested in them and they said they still wanted to recruit me. LSU is a big-time football program. It’s one of those schools everyone knows and that’s a big stage to play on.”

Acheampong said the Tigers are recruiting him as an athlete.

“I like defense and that’s where most schools are recruiting me, but I know I can play tight end as well,” Acheampong said. “They said they just want me and will figure out the position later.

“My dream is to play in the NFL and if that’s at defensive end or tight end, it doesn’t matter, I just want a chance to get there. I think LSU can develop me and help me reach those goals.”

Michigan remains locked in for June 10.

"I had a good unofficial visit to Michigan and I'm looking forward to spending more time with the coaches," Acheampong said. "I wasn't able to do that as much on my last visit but they have everything I'm looking for in a school.

"They just had a couple of edge rushers drafted. They play big time football, have a great staff and are a top academic school as well. I'm definitely giving them a hard look."

Washington was set to receive an official visit on  June 17 but that has been canceled. The visit that weekend will now be either Texas or Florida.

“I loved the coaches at Washington but I just didn’t see myself there,” Acheampong said. “Texas and Florida recently offered me and both are elite football schools that I've been following for a long time. 

“Texas offered me first and I’m leaning towards locking that visit in with them for the 17th, but I’m still talking with Florida too. Before I moved here (from Ghana), those were two schools I had interest in. Texas is a big-time program and Florida is as well. They both like me as a defensive end and, like I said with LSU, both programs play on a big stage. I know they can develop me really well too.”

Acheampong’s final visit will be to Miami June 24.

“I can’t wait to get to Miami,” Acheampong said. “They have been recruiting me hard for a long time and it’s the whole staff, not just one coach. They came out and saw one of my workouts and told me I’m one of the top edge rushers on their board.

“Mario Cristobal is personally talking to me and I also talk with coach (Rodrique) Wright and (Joe) Salave’a. Coach Wright was a tall edge rusher like me and I think he’s someone who can develop me, so I’m excited for that visit.”

Along with the schools he’s visiting, UCLA remains high on the list as well.

“UCLA is definitely up there in my top 2-3,” Acheampong said. “I’ve been there 3-4 times already so that’s why I didn’t use an official visit there. I like them a lot and have a great relationship with the coaches.

“I like the campus, the academics and I see a lot of opportunity there. It’s going to be a really tough decision, but I’m excited about it. The trips will be big for me. After my last visit to Miami, I’ll have about a week to really evaluate everyone and then I’m still set to announce on July 1st.”

Acheampong was selected to play in the Under Armour All-American Game in January and is one of the nation's top two-sport athletes and a talented basketball player as well.

30 minutes ago, Getafix said:

“Mario Cristobal is personally talking to me and I also talk with coach (Rodrique) Wright and (Joe) Salave’a. Coach Wright was a tall edge rusher like me and I think he’s someone who can develop me, so I’m excited for that visit.”

Rod Wright... edge rusher. Okay. Sure. If that's how he wants to remember it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, futureman said:

“skill atrophy”? it’s dramatic and stupid. these are big 300 pound 18, 19, 20 year-old kids. they can switch between DL and OL and be perfectly fine. it happens all the time, everywhere. 

You can’t be that stupid. Do you really think your OL skills improve if you take 2 years off? Let’s do an experiment. You stop posting stupid shit like this for 2 years and let’s see if you get better. Please save me the ignorant reply of posting some survival bias of a couple of kids that succeeded, while forgetting the scores that failed 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You can’t be that stupid. Do you really think your OL skills improve if you take 2 years off? Let’s do an experiment. You stop posting stupid shit like this for 2 years and let’s see if you get better. Please save me the ignorant reply of posting some survival bias of a couple of kids that succeeded, while forgetting the scores that failed 

I’m sorry, pal. you don’t know what you’re talking about. it’s not a bit, you’re just wrong. you were probably on the spirit squad in high school and never played the game. 

• Fuck You 1

On 2/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, Hookem2147 said:

Probably not gonna be Texas. I think he's been on the record saying that he likes Flood but he isn't a big town guy. Probably gonna be OU or Clemson.

Welp. This turned out to true minus the fact that A&M is involved now.

Justin also said later in the thread that he thinks Clemson leads.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I watched that a block away from the Chelsea bomb in NYC. The game was a bigger crime against America.

Was that that bs game where the opposing receiver fumbled on the one, but the ref claimed we didn't pick it up quick enough?  

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Welp. This turned out to true minus the fact that A&M is involved now.

Justin also said later in the thread that he thinks Clemson leads.

He’s from that shithole Odessa. A big developed city would be very foreign to him. 

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

The old wife almost killed me but that's a story for another day. 

Well I was gonna ask if you used the traditional Clorox and lye like I did on a few of the exes

But holy shit dude!!!!! Yeah this sounds pretty thread worthy