Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

horse shit. everyone says arch wants to help build around himself.  if he wants to help recruit and build around himself he is not going to silent commit.  he is going to commit and start working on building around himself. 

I don't disagree with you that he won't be a silent, unless it's just for a few days while he and his family determine the best way to announce it. I could see them telling Sark, but waiting until next week at the camp. Everything having to do with his recruitment has been very professional and calculated. But, there is no way he's not already working on other recruits, and has been for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Silent commits aren’t commits.

Right. Not long ago my wife gave me  a verbal commitment that she would give me a BJ if I helped her perform a task at work. I gleefully accepted and helped her with her task but I never got paid. I should have asked her to sign an LOI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The Huddle: Loaded Saturday night OV notes on Manning, Muhammad, Pettaway

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

The Huddle: Loaded Saturday night OV notes on Manning, Muhammad, Pettaway

Hudson Standish

I posted an article earlier today featuring a picture of 2023 Isidore Newman QB Arch Manning with his high school teammate Will Randle and his official visit host Michael Taaffe, a walk-on defensive back from Austin Westlake who Manning has grown close with during the recruiting process. Manning went with a crew of football players to a restaurant downtown Friday night, which a source said went extremely well and further highlighted the genuine friendships Manning has made at Texas throughout the process.

Probably the most interesting Manning related nugget that we’ve gotten so far is that the five-star QB spent the majority of today “attached at the hip” with fellow No. 1 overall player coming out of high school Quinn Ewers. I was told that Ewers relayed to Manning that he can relate to the stress and pressure Manning is going through at the moment and the two of them also had a conversation about the overall experience of being a quarterback at the University of Texas.

Lastly, I was told that “the vibes were immaculate” at today’s Top Golf session and that Manning seemed to be having a blast with the recruits/players in attendance.

Add Dallas South Oak Cliff 2023 CB Malik Muhammad to the list of players that Manning was in contact with prior to this weekend’s official. I was told the two hit it off immediately on this weekend’s visit and to the sources knowledge Muhammad might be the player on campus right now that is having the most fun.

I’ve been very hesitant to overreact to Muhammad’s sudden jump in interest with Texas because Texas A&M, Alabama, and others have had such a significant lead over the Horns. However, the mid visit feedback we’re getting is making me a believer that Muhammad could actually wind up in Austin when it comes time to put pen to paper.

One source said that Muhammad could take a midweek visit this upcoming week to Alabama and while that isn’t set in stone he wouldn’t be surprised if the SOC corner showed up in Tuscaloosa on a visit on Tuesday.

Until around 6 pm today I didn’t receive a single update on priority receiver Jaquaize Pettaway from Langham Creek high school in the greater Houston area. However a source just recently hit me up and told me that after kind of staying to himself for the early part of the visit, Pettaway really seemed to bond with Manning, Muhammad, and the core group at Top Golf and couldn’t stop smiling.

While it’s extremely positive that Pettaway is bonding with Manning in person considering the high four-star mentioned that would be a big factor in his recruitment, I’m still waiting to hear feedback on how his conversations with Brennan Marion and Steve Sarkisian go tomorrow before I get out ahead of my skis in this recruitment. Pettaway’s relationship with Marion is likely the key factor for Texas to win out over the Sooners and Buckeyes.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Nah, mom and grandmom want certainty, they are voting UGA.  Grandad may favor Tuscaloosa, but I think the Manning men want the Horns to be great.  

They don't want certainty, they prefer Athens as a college town.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

I posted an article earlier today featuring a picture of 2023 Isidore Newman QB Arch Manning with his high school teammate Will Randle and his official visit host Michael Taaffe, a walk-on defensive back from Austin Westlake who Manning has grown close with during the recruiting process.

What's cool about this is that I am friends with his mom.

Edited by Bevo